Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackardin's Avatar


Blackardin
02.18.2013 , 10:47 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I'm very familiar with running a second or even third raid group to gear up alts. I've done it many times. I've seen new recruits join our guild, use our guild to gear up, and then leave once they got the gear they wanted. Tell me again how I have little information about raiding?
If you do understand the concept, then I'm boggled as to why you would post the argument that you did knowing full well how it will negatively impact the process. You argued as to why someone would do it many times as if you failed to understand it, yet have done so yourself with a legitimate reason.

Seems to me that you were just arguing to argue because you apparently understand how difficult it is to get fully geared raiders to do those runs yet fail to acknowledge the cost added to time will further deter them from doing so and therefor inhibit your guild's ability to fill its ranks and continue on.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Missandei's Avatar


Missandei
02.18.2013 , 10:48 AM | #992
Wow... 100 pages of whines..
So many people chose the wrong MMO to play.. «Hello Kitty World MMO» - FTW!
lol..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

murgatroid's Avatar


murgatroid
02.18.2013 , 10:50 AM | #993
I'm usually pretty easy going and roll with changes, but this change is purely asinine. You want people to play, you don't penalize them for doing so. the repair costs need to be addressed, as they are currently ridiculous.
-the mighty murgatroid

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
02.18.2013 , 10:52 AM | #994
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Wow... 100 pages of whines..
So many people chose the wrong MMO to play.. «Hello Kitty World MMO» - FTW!
lol..
Trolololo Online is that way good sir. ------>

Cindron's Avatar


Cindron
02.18.2013 , 11:00 AM | #995
Ok so Bio is ignoring everyone, we got that. Now what is their goal?

1. Running some kind of test to determine if it will effect the GTN?
2. Trying to push people out of an armor to something in the cartel market you have to pay real money for?
3. Soak up credits?
4. Introduce armor/item repair kits to the cartel market so we have to pay real money or keep paying high credits?
5. Sitting about a table discussing reducing but how much?
6. Trying to wait it out, not say anything hoping everyone will eventually forget it?
7. Just don't care?

It's frustrating watching this game bleed customers daily people getting more and more upset and Bio just sitting in silence. I keep getting an image of Nero playing a fiddle while Rome burns.
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
02.18.2013 , 11:06 AM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
Ok so Bio is ignoring everyone, we got that. Now what is their goal?

1. Running some kind of test to determine if it will effect the GTN?
2. Trying to push people out of an armor to something in the cartel market you have to pay real money for?
3. Soak up credits?
4. Introduce armor/item repair kits to the cartel market so we have to pay real money or keep paying high credits?
5. Sitting about a table discussing reducing but how much?
6. Trying to wait it out, not say anything hoping everyone will eventually forget it?
7. Just don't care?

It's frustrating watching this game bleed customers daily people getting more and more upset and Bio just sitting in silence. I keep getting an image of Nero playing a fiddle while Rome burns.
#6 & #7 most likely.

SentinelDranoel's Avatar


SentinelDranoel
02.18.2013 , 11:06 AM | #997
I see nothing wrong with having people in the top end gear paying more for repairs considering that loot they get. I am against repair cost that go well into the hundreds though. I recently had to pay 29k with my Jedi Guardian in mostly black hole and I never even died. I did a few ops, a few HM FPS, Section X and Black Hole for comms. I never died once but my repair bill was 29k which is probably including my companion.

I sent in a bug report about a large amount of credits I had to pay in repairs while doing content while flagged during the Ilum event. I had only been killed by other players yet I had a repair fee. I only do pvp with that toon so it was odd to see a repair bill that was high. I do not remember the old ilum charging me for pvp deaths.

That is just my criticism on the matter.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.18.2013 , 11:13 AM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
Based on level of the player, not gear. Basing it on gear is a failed system that will only further frustrate and drive players away. Increasing that cost to the extreme is as failed a system as experience and level losses for deaths. Its all been tried and failed before.

It will further diminish the effectiveness of guilds and greatly damage a large aspect of the game. The trickle down will take a few months, but the result will be very evident and the game will once again take a downward swing as a result.
So a 50 in orange gear with 11 mods should have to pay as much as a 50 in orange gear with all 63's? The 50 with all 63's should pay as little as the 50 with 11's? Repair costs should be based on level of gear and not level of player.

Even the great and powerful Blizzard knows that makes no sense to base repair costs on player level. Repair costs in WOW are based on the level of the item, and not the player.

We know there appears to be a bug and repair costs are not being calculated as intended. People are paying more based on the shell, and other factors. This needs to be fixed. Fixing this will in all likelihood lower repair costs, maybe not to pre 1.7 costs, but lower than they are now.

tdgesq's Avatar


tdgesq
02.18.2013 , 11:23 AM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynsunom View Post
HOW DO WE KNOW IT WAS A BUG?
If you go look at the release notes you will see that not even BW claims it's a bug. They say that "previously items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements." Note that this doesn't appear under any of the bug fixes, and there isn't anything that remotely suggests equipment repair should have been based on the vendor resale value of the shell. So no, it wasn't a bug.

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.18.2013 , 11:24 AM | #1000
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
If you do understand the concept, then I'm boggled as to why you would post the argument that you did knowing full well how it will negatively impact the process. You argued as to why someone would do it many times as if you failed to understand it, yet have done so yourself with a legitimate reason.

Seems to me that you were just arguing to argue because you apparently understand how difficult it is to get fully geared raiders to do those runs yet fail to acknowledge the cost added to time will further deter them from doing so and therefor inhibit your guild's ability to fill its ranks and continue on.
Obviously the concept of sarcasm escapes you. Allow me to quote the post to which I was responding:

Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
If my guild leader would say something like that , he would not be my guild leader any longer.

I mean, this is ENTERTAINMENT. I pay for this to enjoy it, not to WORK on it. Full stop.
I have other work that I HAVE to do in order to pay my family bills, so I do not see ANY reason to be forced to do the same stuff all over again for months just to have +7 willpower or God Knows What other statistic.

To certain extent people who do those daillies/weeklies constantly must be somehow masochists.

I cannot see any other reason why you would like to do the same stuff over and over again, mindlessly beating the same content forever.

Once you did finished something (i.e. beaten the full op, or FP), got your rewards, you're done.
Over.
I bolded the important part. Now, my response to that post:

Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
So, you run an OP or HM FP once? I cannot see any reason why you would like to do the same stuff over and over again, mindlessly beating the same content.

It's for the rewards you get, you say? That gear that drops in those OP's and HM FP's is your reward for mindlessly beating the same content you've already beaten? Guess what. Those credits you get for doing those dailies are you reward for mindlessly beating that same content which you've already beaten.

The thing about those credits is that while dailies may be the most efficient to earn credits, they are by no means the ONLY way to earn them. There are plenty of ways to earn credits. Some of them can be even done, or at least mostly accomplished, while doing the "fun" stuff.
The poster I was responding to wanted to defend the her position of refusing to do dailies, or otherwise earn credits to pay for repairs. She claims there is no point in doing the same thing over and over again, and mindlessly beating the same content. I was using sarcasm to point out that doing OP's or HM FP's is doing the same thing over and over and mindlessly beating the same content, exactly why she claims she refuses to do dailies or anything else to earn credits to pay for repairs.

By using sarcasm, I was able to point out the flaw in her argument.