Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Non-geared players in Gree Event

Never_Hesitate
02.18.2013 , 09:08 AM | #11
For Xeno II SM the gear you recieve, when you hit 50 is good enough by far and for HC it should suffice as well.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Atramar
02.18.2013 , 09:39 AM | #12
If you didn't upgrade your gear since L 30, expect to be kicked out of ops group.

Simples.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Eternalnight
02.18.2013 , 09:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OFAWFletch View Post
I think it's pretty unfair for lesser players that don't have the great gear be singled out and kicked from an Ops group.
Instead of crying here, go and form your own group and then you can invite all the people still wearing greens with the wrong main stat that were meant for someone 20 levels lower that you like.

LarryRow
02.18.2013 , 10:06 AM | #14
This isn't about me but someone I know that doesn't play as much as most, and is a DPS Marauder wearing Tionese gear with a few pieces augmented. And was a 16man SM op. This is just a Rant to for the little people out there that aren't geared as what some other people are.
If true (and assuming earpiece/implant/relic slots were Recruit), your "friend" was kicked unfairly.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

haliy
02.18.2013 , 10:19 AM | #15
What the hell is wrong with this community that people that A> don't play this game as much as some of these "Holier than thou" geared more experience players do. B> Have War Hero or higher end gear that allot of people have. I think it's pretty unfair for lesser players that don't have the great gear be singled out and kicked from an Ops group. It's mean an cruel to those that pay and enjoy the game in general that is just trying to finish a mission they were given and have to deal with *******es that think they can just kick people out of a group because they aren't as "Geared" as the big players are, JUST SAYIN! Some people aren't in Guilds and aren't on as much as most, and it's just not right to see this kind of Nazi crap going on in this game!!
So just to let you know where I am coming from... I am one of those players who "A> don't play this game as much as some of these "Holier than thou" geared more experience players do." I am not in a guild who has raided yet (even though a few of us do pick up a raid here and there) and currently, my gear is a mix of Dreadguard (the 2 relics from the Daily vendors) Rakata Implants, Black hole Ear peice, and the rest is custom with Campaign armorings and black hole mods/enchancements.

How did I get that kind of gear? By putting in the time and effort by doing constant dailys, and the occasional pugging of raids if I have time from working 15 hours Mon-Friday (I leave the house at 4:30am and get home at 8pm) just to head off to bed at 9:30pm to do it all over again the next day...

If I am able to pull off getting that type of gear, I'm sure those players who you stated that don't play the game as much as some can also but it takes time. Do not expect to start raiding soon after you hit 50. Do the ops team you are thinking about joining a favor and gear yourself up in a MINIMUM of Columi gear. It takes about a week of running HM FP's to get there with picking up the weeklies and dailys from the fleet terminal and the occasional lucky hit of a columi drop from the end boss. I would pretty much say that SM Xeno II is about the equivalent to SM EC gear wise.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Instead of crying here, go and form your own group and then you can invite all the people still wearing greens with the wrong main stat that were meant for someone 20 levels lower that you like.
This pretty much sums it up 100%. If you think you are more than willing to try these raids with players with fresh 50 gear and players still wearing blue's and greens, so be it and let me know how that works out for you.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ KŠja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

ChicagoBearsFan
02.18.2013 , 10:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
For Xeno II SM the gear you recieve, when you hit 50 is good enough by far and for HC it should suffice as well.
I respectfully disagree.

Please take a full tionese geared player on 8m HM xeno and tell me how that turns out. Even in SM tionese is under geared. Coloumi or better (with some augments) would be more appropriate for SM. In tionese you are going to have to be carried by Rakata/BH/DG geared players so if you show up in tionese don't be surprised if you get the boot. I'm not saying it can't be completed with A tionese geared player, but they are certainly not going to pull their full weight and their gear will have to be offset by better geared players in the group. For xeno, you have to have appropriate DPS on the cores, tanks have to be able to weather big hits, and healers need appropriate Healing output. I really don't see tionese gear being up to the task in any of these roles with out significant compensation from another player. Which is why people in lower gear are etting the boot.

I highly doubt a full ops group of ALL tionese geared players could complete SM Xeno. Feel free to prove me wrong. Is it likely that a whole group of tionese geared players show up for the same raid, NO. But the point remains that tionese geared players are showing up for ops banking on chance that there will be better geared players to carry them through, and then when they get removed from the ops because of it they cry foul.

If you are in tionese gear and want to do ops beyond your gear then I suggest you ask your guild to help, don't rely on PUGs to be sympathetic. If the PUG is willing to accomadate you, awesome! I have been in many groups that have carried under geared players. But please don't think that it is "unfair" if a group declines you because of a gear issue.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
Beŗrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Fiamma_Verde
02.18.2013 , 10:37 AM | #17
It really depends on the group, and the content, and the level of skill of the new player. Maybe in a full out pug group where nobody is really sure of one anothers' skill it would make sense to be hesitant about taking someone who is clearly under geared. A more confidant, over geared, guild group, filling a few spots might be more willing to give it a go. I can understand not wanting to take someone in 40 greens or whatever (recruit+ tionese is free and as far as I know the recruit gear can be equipped by f2p players playing with artifact equipment restrictions), but someone in their tionese gear at Lear knows where to start, and could potentially be a fresh alt of a really good player.

I mean I've been (and on some stuff still am) pulled through content that I wouldn't have had the chance to experience otherwise, and now that I have better gear and a stronger understanding of the fights I don't mind returning the favor and doing the pulling. I think that it's at least partially helpful to the community, and increases the pool of players who will be able to activley complete content later on (but only of there is some teaching involved at the same time). That said I can sympathize with the people who don't appreciate the expectation that they have to do just that. It is group content and its not really fair to hinder the other people by expecting them to pull you if you're not at least trying your best.

Elyssandra
02.18.2013 , 11:19 AM | #18
I think it's pretty unfair for lesser players ... It's mean an cruel to those that pay ...have to deal with *******es that think they can just kick people out of a group ...JUST SAYIN! ...Nazi crap going on in this game!!
You lost me at Nazi... Just sayin!

Thundergulch
02.18.2013 , 11:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
How did I get that kind of gear? By putting in the time and effort by doing constant dailys, and the occasional pugging of raids if I have time from working 15 hours Mon-Friday (I leave the house at 4:30am and get home at 8pm) just to head off to bed at 9:30pm to do it all over again the next day...
/Applause!
You're one of the rare ones that actually WORK for what they have instead of crying about it and wanting it handed to them.
Most people on the forums complain that they can't get high level gear because they aren't able to play as much.
Anyone can obtain full Dread Guard mods,armorings,hilts and enhancements,earpieces, and implants without doing a single raid.
It just takes time and effort.
I'm full 63 geared (minus ear and implants) and have yet to get a drop for my class from HM TFB yet.

schnopsnosn
02.18.2013 , 11:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post
I respectfully disagree.

Please take a full tionese geared player on 8m HM xeno and tell me how that turns out. Even in SM tionese is under geared. Coloumi or better (with some augments) would be more appropriate for SM.
16m SM has an enrage-timer of 10 minutes.
We were 15, some not even Rakata-geared and one or two people that don't know the difference between a lightsaber and a bottle of ketchup.

The boss was dead in less than 4 minutes.