A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

94 Pages of Repair complaining.... This must means something Bioware >.<

I never thought I post anything on the forums but kinda was forced to do so. So my first post is to complain on the repair cost, casual and low level players can barely afford these. I died like 3-4 times and the repair cost are over 4500 gosh.... Im just on Taris Planet with gear level around 21 and it really drain all the money I get from quest and such.

Here, here!

Just put things back to what they were Bioware, easy fix and it solves the problem, everybody is happy.

I never thought I post anything on the forums but kinda was forced to do so. So my first post is to complain on the repair cost, casual and low level players can barely afford these. I died like 3-4 times and the repair cost are over 4500 gosh.... Im just on Taris Planet with gear level around 21 and it really drain all the money I get from quest and such.

Yes, we forget all the peeps that are still leveling. I have my toon and my companion all in orange gear which isn't even the most expensive as it turns out, but still, 2,5k per death is pretty heavy, considering I still have to buy skills and all that.

Well after reading this I jumped onto my level 26 marauder on Tatooine and purposefully got killed, result 319 credit bill. I've done this on characters between 26-44 and never had a repair bill anything like 4500. I can only assume that the cost you incurred is a bug, ticket it and move on, low level players can easily afford the current repairs.

Edited by mothear

Well after reading this I jumped onto my level 26 marauder on Tatooine and purposefully got killed, result 319 credit bill. I've done this on characters between 26-44 and never had a repair bill anything like 4500. I can only assume that the cost you incurred is a bug, ticket it and move on, low level players can easily afford the current repairs.

have you even tried getting a reply from a tky, automated response, yada yada and then nothing happens, i have a level 22 in cartel gear, died once 9k repair, Bug Yes, BW/EA doing anything about it NO, almost a thousand replays and you are saying everyone is wrong and your right......

people are unsubbing left and right and rightfully so, example,. Gree daily's and BH daily's, never died once on my jug, made around 88k spent 67k on repairs, how is 1 and a half hours of grinding for 21k in cash fun?

have you even tried getting a reply from a tky, automated response, yada yada and then nothing happens, i have a level 22 in cartel gear, died once 9k repair, Bug Yes, BW/EA doing anything about it NO, almost a thousand replays and you are saying everyone is wrong and your right......

people are unsubbing left and right and rightfully so, example,. Gree daily's and BH daily's, never died once on my jug, made around 88k spent 67k on repairs, how is 1 and a half hours of grinding for 21k in cash fun?

I said it was a bug, it will be fixed, some people here want the repair increases reversed to prior to 1.7 even though it wasn't working correctly. Oh and yes people who are saying that you cannot level because of the repair costs are wrong, it has next to no impact on the levelling experience, unless of course you keep wiping in FP's or so it seems.

In this case it is very possible to satisfy everyone, since no-one was complaining about low repair costs before. So, setting those back to where they were or finding a sensible way to increase them if they must would be considered a win-win situation.

People have complained the whole time about a terrible economy and crafting that isn't useful. If this helps the economy I'm all for it.

People have been complaining about unprepared players pretending to be qualified for hard and nightmare modes. If this gets them back to their approrpriate story mode level to learn to play, then we're all better off.

I haven't been able to play for the past couple weeks as my GPU died and am waiting on an RMA. If what I am reading on the forums is as dumb as it sounds, maybe I just won't come back.

It's not true enough to matter. Much ado about nothing

Edited by annabethchase

I am torn on this issue. I think I understand why Bioware made the change: that 63 level gear should be more expensive to repair than 58, for example. I get that. I think the problem is that, and I could be wrong about this, Bioware never said before that this wasn't working as intended, so it feels like a very fast, very intense change to the dynamic of how we play. If I'm wrong, and it was announced previously, then I think the amount of responses in this thread show how that information wasn't salient enough in the community.

The debate over whether this helps the economy or not is questionable. Sure, the hardcore players and smart crafters/Reverse Engineers have had way too much money until now. But I'd wager that's a very small percentage of the population.

For my part, Bioware, I am a Guardian tank that, for the next few months due to this semester of grad school, only has time to play the game a few hours a week, and I choose to spend those hours in Nim Denova and HM TFB. Even if I go without wiping at all, which is unexpected considering I think you did a good job of making your hardest content in the game very hard, I have a lot of repair costs that I don't personally believe I have the time to earn enough income to afford.

I'm not sure I've ever taken the time to fully understand why repair costs exist in the first place, but I'm not sure I should have to. If it's to discourage wiping, I'm pretty sure the emotional annoyance of wiping is bad enough.

Either way, I think things were fine before 1.7, if you could please bring them back, we'd all appreciate it. Thanks.

People have complained the whole time about a terrible economy and crafting that isn't useful. If this helps the economy I'm all for it.

People have been complaining about unprepared players pretending to be qualified for hard and nightmare modes. If this gets them back to their approrpriate story mode level to learn to play, then we're all better off.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong!

Aside from newbies in greens and blues, the people who get punished the most are the ones who raid!

You cannot buy Dread or Campaign shells, but those are the shells that cost the most to repair.

Whereas people who just buy the mods from crafters and put them into cheap orange or PVP shells are ones punished the least by the new repair costs.

Statement: I'm not liking the cost change. I've been playing since launch, and have only reached the three million credit mark for the second time. Not once have I hit four. And now with this, Ops and Flashpoints are not as fun because I'm spending so much. Doing dailies gets boring. I have eight characters, one of each class at level fifty, and just running the Black Hole daily area on each of them gets so boring. I have yet to do that on all eight in one day.

Statement: But to keep the repair cost from being a diminishing return, I'm going to have to start doing that. Which means no more alts. No more playing any story, which is what this game is mostly built upon.

See, I play when I can, and at times leave my subscription on while I'm not playing, maybe months or more. Currently, I haven't played for a while, and I have about a week left on my current sub. I was quite ready to renew my sub, but reading this is truly putting me off even doing it. Just my opinion, and feelings on this.

I'm saying, I don't see the problem. It's not difficult to make credits in this game. Nor is the amount of time to make credits in this game egregious compared to other games. The only ones I see crying are the special Cupcakes who want everything handed to them w/o having to do any back effort to get it.

I'm from the good old Eq1 days when Hell Levels still existed before people like you whined and got them removed. When making Plat in the game took effort and time. Raids have always been expensive. Wipes have always been expensive. Corpse Runs were a real pain, till people wined and SOE added the cemetery. As they systematically removed the things in the game that made the game an actual challenge the game became easier and easier and those of us who played for the challenge, left to find games that were more challenging.

Sadly in this day and age, most of the games out there have little to no actual challenge to an experienced player like myself, and all I see when I see people screaming about having to actually do some back work to get what they want, is a bunch of self entitled babies who are so used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter from other games that they get upset when God Forbid, they actually have to put some effort into this game to get what they want. Not, mind you, that this game takes any real effort to do either, it's pablum at it's worst.

Only reason I'm even playing it is I like the SW IP and wish this game was about 10 times harder than it currently is.

Wasn't it possible in the forest city (Can't remember the name, I was quite a bit younger when I played) for people to push you off the walkways to your death as well? I seem to remember a lot of death and no real progression for me when I was playing that game back then. Of course I was young and stupid as well.

well i just hit the repair bill issue for the first time...Took screenies to prove it too. LVL 15 toon. my gear is mostly adaptive oranges. had 2 greens in the yelow after about 7-8 wipes. rest of my gear (the oranges) were at around 50%

my repair bill was 5500 credits. 5500 credits on a lvl 15 toon is insane. i pretty much only pvp on my 50's so i hadn't seen the issue until now. I'm a believer.

I am being truthful and you can't accept the fact that I can manage and adapt to the situation at hand.

For raiding, its obvious, its a Risk V Reward game. You make the risk to run something new and hard, and you get the reward for beating them with new gear and such.

There is no such thing as Risk V Challenge. Thats just stupid.

Also, yeah, people deal with me, infact, we even steal guild members from other guilds.

Why? Because we have common sense and we know how to do things.

We teach others how to play and what they need to pay attention to.

We show them how to max their dps while still having fun and screwing around.

We also have a guild bank with tons of credits and items and crafting mats to help people craft new things.

We supply our own mods too from what we get to new members.

You don't need to believe me, or what anyone says because you live in your own world where everything must be spoon fed to you.

We work to achieve what we have now, we learn things the hard ways and we pay the price. We've ran dailies, heroics, hard modes, story modes, and even nightmare. Why? For the challenge? HA NO. For the loot.

Key word, we worked. MMO is about grinding, not fun. You want fun? Go somewhere else

We don't whine, we laugh it off and yell at ramino for fun (his reactions are the best)

And btw, I am the Guild Leader, and my guildmates love me.

I don't call that work. I call that having a freaking blast! So it takes 30 minutes to run a daily area to do an ops, so what? Run it with your guildies and take the piss out of some of them(Aggrow). I'm constantly broke from wipes in ops, but so what? Wiping is fun, too. Not once in our raids has someone raged at all, even with many, many wipes over the course of a few hours. My hat's off to you, man. That's the attitude I share with my guildies, and from one Guild Leader to another, I hope there are more Guild Leaders like you out there.

For a game that forced itself into where SWG used to be, they've done so many things differently and plain wrong.

SWG had one, minor, set back for dying.

10 minute, debuff, -75% health + action.

Fix, 5k credits (gotten in less than 2 minutes killing level 60's) ... or, and get this from an MMO ... they went to a cantina or player house and watched ANOTHER player to remove the debuff.

^ see? See?!

This game, as a whole, has way too many credit sinks. Period. Then you tell me the fix they added, to make repair costs fine (although still too much for my personal liking) was actually wrong? But instead of lowering the repair costs further then implementing the fix... they just added the costs over and effectively killed casual raids?

No.

You added Free-to-play so casual people could play the game, pay cartel coins to raid if they wanted... now, alongside their capped credits - they have to spend all of their capped credits after a nights raid...

That uhh... doesn't slide.

I don't care for the (maybe) 5% of the game who somehow become insanely rich and drag their fellow guildies up to the top with a chunky bank account for repairs.

I don't care for the elitists who think dailies are fun 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year.

I care about being able to play the game and have fun. Not being forced to either use pvp mark II gear or not play at all.

Because if this keeps up, I'll be using the recruit gear - because at least then, when I wipe it'll be freaking cheap(er)!

To all those who think that people with 63 pieces should have a higher repair cost : sorry but you're WRONG !

Why ? As simple as that :

Daylies in section X, Black Hole or Ilum don't give you more money if you're in 61 or 63's compare to tionese or rakata.

So why on earth do you think that it's fair to have bigger repair bills just because you have 63's ?

it'll lead to the same problem that we're against... you 'll have to grind more than others just to cover your repair cost.

Just make the thing simple : put a fix repair cost based on your level and that's it.

More seriously... the only way to have it fair is if Bioware make all 61 and 63 pieces durability higher than any lower level pieces : so the higher your armor pieces the higher your durability.. and repair bill.

But right now they don't make any difference, or if they do it's broken, on whatever armor pieces you have and all repair bills are way too high.

Thank you Bioware for ruining PVE, Ops are dead.

Is the only way of getting my money back for Makeb expansion reporting to my CC "not satisfied with merchandise/service". I know EA real needed a Q4 cash injection to make you're 10k look good to investors, and in a way I was sort of investing in what I knought was a going to be a worthwhile product, but I'm sick of bioware's silence on the repair and multitude of other game issues, and I've change my mind on that investment.

But hey thanks for the whole ability to silence people in general chat by popular vote, too bad we already had a feature to cover that calle /ignore. What a waste of valuable dev time.

To all those who think that people with 63 pieces should have a higher repair cost : sorry but you're WRONG !

Why ? As simple as that :

Daylies in section X, Black Hole or Ilum don't give you more money if you're in 61 or 63's compare to tionese or rakata.

So why on earth do you think that it's fair to have bigger repair bills just because you have 63's ?

it'll lead to the same problem that we're against... you 'll have to grind more than others just to cover your repair cost.

Just make the thing simple : put a fix repair cost based on your level and that's it.

More seriously... the only way to have it fair is if Bioware make all 61 and 63 pieces durability higher than any lower level pieces : so the higher your armor pieces the higher your durability.. and repair bill.

But right now they don't make any difference, or if they do it's broken, on whatever armor pieces you have and all repair bills are way too high.

bolded and underlined - this would be ideal IMO. no complex calculations, no things to mess up. fair to all

Then MMO's aren't for you and you should quit now. Just like everyone else who has your same setiment. MMO's at end game have always been the grind to glory, and are always work. If you expect them to just hand the end game to you with no work then go play a single player RPG.

It sucks that repair costs are high. (Not as high as when the game launched so nothing to complain about). But there is plenty of content that offers satisfaction to your no work mentality. WHICH is not going to be ops. OPs are for the dedicated, not for the people who cry about every little thing. People will work towards downing a boss in an OP regardless of the "little repair cost" because they want to complete the challenge and honestly the repair cost isn't as important. Any real end game MMOer will agree.

So if you don't want to work towards your end game gear, be it dailies to pay for your repairs while in an ops or fp, then don't do the end game. Level your 8 characters to see the storyline and leave the game. The lore is there for you casual players, the raids are there for the dedicated ones.

funny thing is..you dont get to make that choice..the market decides that..if enough paying customers choose not to pay for your "vision" of mmo's, then your idea of a mmo will not last. This is a money making business...if people choose not to pay money for your nose to the grindstone game, the business will adapt or fail.

It's a dev's job to make a game that suits his community. He isn't making a game for him/herself, or he'll be a dev without a job soon.

WoW is a good example. Hardcores complained that WotLK was "dumbing down" the game. They "fixed" that with Cata, making it too hard for some people along the lines. They bled around 2 million subs after Cata was released. They started over with MoP. I think the game now is healthier than ever.

If you don't like "sub-par" gamers en masse to come along with 'your' game, maybe it isn't the right game for you?

kinda hard to make a new game from mom's basement..but he is a problem solver so no problem.

The fact of the matter is that repair costs should not exceed half the reward from a level-appropriate mission. Aka a level 30 planet quest gives out X credits so repair costs should not be more than half of X. Otherwise, if you die while trying to make money using the ways Bioware created, you don't make enough money off of it, and doing the quest is not worth it anymore.

So for a level 50, the repair costs should not exceed half the reward from doing a daily.

Say a new player reaches level 50 for the first time, doesn't have a stitch of gear but the free tionese/recruit, and wipes the first time when doing a daily. It's not worth it then for them to try to finish the quest and possibly wipe again because they'll lose more money than they're making.

So, Bioware needs to fix this. People won't stand for poor customer service and response forever.

After a week, Bioware has still not apologized giving blatantly false information in the patch notes, so there is little hope that they will actually fix the repair costs. What we may think of Bioware for lying to their customers is a topic for a different thread.

So, rather than perpetuating the complaints, I offer a real solution to anyone who wants to save repair costs:

Level 50:

Re-mod all your gear to PVP shells (armor and weapons)

Pre-level 50:

Re-mod all your gear to the cheapest (sales price of the item) orange shells that you can find.

DO NOT use Cartel gear, DO NOT use Tionese or higher, and especially DO NOT use legacy gear!

I remodded Dread gloves, boots and a Campaign off-hand last night. Those were the only expensive pieces I had, everything else was already cheap orange or PVP shells. My costs per wipe went from 17K to 6.9K (down 60%)

Here is the link to the test that I've done a few days ago, it will explain why this is the best way to go:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598636

Enjoy!

the problem with your "solution" is that everyone will be stuck wearing the same fugly end game gear that plenty of people hate so much to begin with :(

Sure it avoids the repair costs, but at the cost of being stuck in fugly gear. I know i worked really hard & spent lots of credits to find gear that i really liked wearing.