Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Omniscientearl's Avatar


Omniscientearl
02.18.2013 , 12:29 AM | #941
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
I am being truthful and you can't accept the fact that I can manage and adapt to the situation at hand.

For raiding, its obvious, its a Risk V Reward game. You make the risk to run something new and hard, and you get the reward for beating them with new gear and such.

There is no such thing as Risk V Challenge. Thats just stupid.

Also, yeah, people deal with me, infact, we even steal guild members from other guilds.

Why? Because we have common sense and we know how to do things.

We teach others how to play and what they need to pay attention to.

We show them how to max their dps while still having fun and screwing around.

We also have a guild bank with tons of credits and items and crafting mats to help people craft new things.

We supply our own mods too from what we get to new members.

You don't need to believe me, or what anyone says because you live in your own world where everything must be spoon fed to you.

We work to achieve what we have now, we learn things the hard ways and we pay the price. We've ran dailies, heroics, hard modes, story modes, and even nightmare. Why? For the challenge? HA NO. For the loot.

Key word, we worked. MMO is about grinding, not fun. You want fun? Go somewhere else

We don't whine, we laugh it off and yell at ramino for fun (his reactions are the best)

And btw, I am the Guild Leader, and my guildmates love me.
I don't call that work. I call that having a freaking blast! So it takes 30 minutes to run a daily area to do an ops, so what? Run it with your guildies and take the piss out of some of them(Aggrow). I'm constantly broke from wipes in ops, but so what? Wiping is fun, too. Not once in our raids has someone raged at all, even with many, many wipes over the course of a few hours. My hat's off to you, man. That's the attitude I share with my guildies, and from one Guild Leader to another, I hope there are more Guild Leaders like you out there.
Light of the RepublicThe Harbinger Light of the Empire
The Manar Legacy
Irila Aliri Liarrha Riallha
Irala Alarrhi Arrhili Alirrha

Mistress_Ivi's Avatar


Mistress_Ivi
02.18.2013 , 12:31 AM | #942
For a game that forced itself into where SWG used to be, they've done so many things differently and plain wrong.

SWG had one, minor, set back for dying.

10 minute, debuff, -75% health + action.

Fix, 5k credits (gotten in less than 2 minutes killing level 60's) ... or, and get this from an MMO ... they went to a cantina or player house and watched ANOTHER player to remove the debuff.

^ see? See?!

This game, as a whole, has way too many credit sinks. Period. Then you tell me the fix they added, to make repair costs fine (although still too much for my personal liking) was actually wrong? But instead of lowering the repair costs further then implementing the fix... they just added the costs over and effectively killed casual raids?

No.

You added Free-to-play so casual people could play the game, pay cartel coins to raid if they wanted... now, alongside their capped credits - they have to spend all of their capped credits after a nights raid...

That uhh... doesn't slide.

I don't care for the (maybe) 5% of the game who somehow become insanely rich and drag their fellow guildies up to the top with a chunky bank account for repairs.

I don't care for the elitists who think dailies are fun 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year.

I care about being able to play the game and have fun. Not being forced to either use pvp mark II gear or not play at all.
Because if this keeps up, I'll be using the recruit gear - because at least then, when I wipe it'll be freaking cheap(er)!
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
02.18.2013 , 12:33 AM | #943
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity
Key word, we worked. MMO is about grinding, not fun. You want fun? Go somewhere else
Fantastic advice for an MMO that's been hemorrhaging subscribers and barely clinging to life since it launched.

Raiders's Avatar


Raiders
02.18.2013 , 12:43 AM | #944
To all those who think that people with 63 pieces should have a higher repair cost : sorry but you're WRONG !

Why ? As simple as that :
Daylies in section X, Black Hole or Ilum don't give you more money if you're in 61 or 63's compare to tionese or rakata.

So why on earth do you think that it's fair to have bigger repair bills just because you have 63's ?
it'll lead to the same problem that we're against... you 'll have to grind more than others just to cover your repair cost.
Just make the thing simple : put a fix repair cost based on your level and that's it.

More seriously... the only way to have it fair is if Bioware make all 61 and 63 pieces durability higher than any lower level pieces : so the higher your armor pieces the higher your durability.. and repair bill.

But right now they don't make any difference, or if they do it's broken, on whatever armor pieces you have and all repair bills are way too high.

MajorWoodrow's Avatar


MajorWoodrow
02.18.2013 , 12:52 AM | #945
Thank you Bioware for ruining PVE, Ops are dead.

Is the only way of getting my money back for Makeb expansion reporting to my CC "not satisfied with merchandise/service". I know EA real needed a Q4 cash injection to make you're 10k look good to investors, and in a way I was sort of investing in what I knought was a going to be a worthwhile product, but I'm sick of bioware's silence on the repair and multitude of other game issues, and I've change my mind on that investment.

But hey thanks for the whole ability to silence people in general chat by popular vote, too bad we already had a feature to cover that calle /ignore. What a waste of valuable dev time.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
02.18.2013 , 12:54 AM | #946
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
To all those who think that people with 63 pieces should have a higher repair cost : sorry but you're WRONG !

Why ? As simple as that :
Daylies in section X, Black Hole or Ilum don't give you more money if you're in 61 or 63's compare to tionese or rakata.

So why on earth do you think that it's fair to have bigger repair bills just because you have 63's ?
it'll lead to the same problem that we're against... you 'll have to grind more than others just to cover your repair cost.
Just make the thing simple : put a fix repair cost based on your level and that's it.

More seriously... the only way to have it fair is if Bioware make all 61 and 63 pieces durability higher than any lower level pieces : so the higher your armor pieces the higher your durability.. and repair bill.

But right now they don't make any difference, or if they do it's broken, on whatever armor pieces you have and all repair bills are way too high.
bolded and underlined - this would be ideal IMO. no complex calculations, no things to mess up. fair to all

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
02.18.2013 , 12:58 AM | #947
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
Then MMO's aren't for you and you should quit now. Just like everyone else who has your same setiment. MMO's at end game have always been the grind to glory, and are always work. If you expect them to just hand the end game to you with no work then go play a single player RPG.

It sucks that repair costs are high. (Not as high as when the game launched so nothing to complain about). But there is plenty of content that offers satisfaction to your no work mentality. WHICH is not going to be ops. OPs are for the dedicated, not for the people who cry about every little thing. People will work towards downing a boss in an OP regardless of the "little repair cost" because they want to complete the challenge and honestly the repair cost isn't as important. Any real end game MMOer will agree.

So if you don't want to work towards your end game gear, be it dailies to pay for your repairs while in an ops or fp, then don't do the end game. Level your 8 characters to see the storyline and leave the game. The lore is there for you casual players, the raids are there for the dedicated ones.
funny thing is..you dont get to make that choice..the market decides that..if enough paying customers choose not to pay for your "vision" of mmo's, then your idea of a mmo will not last. This is a money making business...if people choose not to pay money for your nose to the grindstone game, the business will adapt or fail.

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
02.18.2013 , 01:06 AM | #948
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
It's a dev's job to make a game that suits his community. He isn't making a game for him/herself, or he'll be a dev without a job soon.

WoW is a good example. Hardcores complained that WotLK was "dumbing down" the game. They "fixed" that with Cata, making it too hard for some people along the lines. They bled around 2 million subs after Cata was released. They started over with MoP. I think the game now is healthier than ever.

If you don't like "sub-par" gamers en masse to come along with 'your' game, maybe it isn't the right game for you?

kinda hard to make a new game from mom's basement..but he is a problem solver so no problem.

Hotcakes's Avatar


Hotcakes
02.18.2013 , 01:08 AM | #949
The fact of the matter is that repair costs should not exceed half the reward from a level-appropriate mission. Aka a level 30 planet quest gives out X credits so repair costs should not be more than half of X. Otherwise, if you die while trying to make money using the ways Bioware created, you don't make enough money off of it, and doing the quest is not worth it anymore.

So for a level 50, the repair costs should not exceed half the reward from doing a daily.

Say a new player reaches level 50 for the first time, doesn't have a stitch of gear but the free tionese/recruit, and wipes the first time when doing a daily. It's not worth it then for them to try to finish the quest and possibly wipe again because they'll lose more money than they're making.

So, Bioware needs to fix this. People won't stand for poor customer service and response forever.

BaronV's Avatar


BaronV
02.18.2013 , 01:20 AM | #950
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
After a week, Bioware has still not apologized giving blatantly false information in the patch notes, so there is little hope that they will actually fix the repair costs. What we may think of Bioware for lying to their customers is a topic for a different thread.

So, rather than perpetuating the complaints, I offer a real solution to anyone who wants to save repair costs:

Level 50:
Re-mod all your gear to PVP shells (armor and weapons)


Pre-level 50:
Re-mod all your gear to the cheapest (sales price of the item) orange shells that you can find.


DO NOT use Cartel gear, DO NOT use Tionese or higher, and especially DO NOT use legacy gear!

I remodded Dread gloves, boots and a Campaign off-hand last night. Those were the only expensive pieces I had, everything else was already cheap orange or PVP shells. My costs per wipe went from 17K to 6.9K (down 60%)

Here is the link to the test that I've done a few days ago, it will explain why this is the best way to go:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598636

Enjoy!
the problem with your "solution" is that everyone will be stuck wearing the same fugly end game gear that plenty of people hate so much to begin with

Sure it avoids the repair costs, but at the cost of being stuck in fugly gear. I know i worked really hard & spent lots of credits to find gear that i really liked wearing.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee