Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 11:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
My point is that the jedi in the movies timeline are relatively weak ,not that Maglus is powerful.Ok Kit fisto is one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.Imagine how terrible the jedi must be during his time,for him to be one of the best swordsmen.My conclusion is drawn from what i see in wookiepedia and when i saw him in episode 2,not to mention 3 when he died.

This is not exaclty a counter to my point,because as i said all jedi in that timeline are bad compared to those in the past.
Would also like to point out that being incredibly strong in the force and in the use of lightsaber is not always the most important criteria for going up in the ranks of the jedi order.
They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.This along with other things made them complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.
I think you overestimate Kit Fisto and the other jedi because of some kind of SW movies fanboyism.
I'm gonna have to do the list, aren't I? What is this, the fifth time?

Yoda- too many impressive skills and powers to count, not to mention being the second most powerful Jedi ever.
Mace Windu- Mastered the seven forms and developed Vaapad, the form he used to defeat Darth Sidious
Plo Koon- Master of Djem So, Alter Environment, Electric Judgment, and several Baran Do techniques (of the Hassat-dur family)
Ki-Adi Mundi- Master of Ataru and incredibly skilled with Force Healing, in addition to his heightened reflexes (heightened for a Jedi to boot).
Kit Fisto- Master of Shii-Cho, which he coupled with Force speed to make him so fast that even Obi-Wan Kenobi could barely see him. Able to defeat General Grievous with relative ease.
Anakin Skywalker- the Chosen One. Nuff said?
Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Master of Soresu, able to compete with the Chosen One in battle
Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form. Had extensive skill in Force Speed.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.

Edit: You're going to say the list is pointless, aren't you? That makes me
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 11:52 AM | #22
They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.So they became complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.
I think you overestimate Kit Fisto and the other jedi because of some kind of SW movies fanboyism.
Perhaps in the lower levels of the Order, but masters on the Jedi High Council would be familiar with all the lightsaber forms and exceptionally powerful in the Force. They would not have become complacent in any areas. Even so, being able to kill a Jedi High Council member in a matter of seconds is impressive no matter what the era or skill of the Jedi.

Not that they were weak in anyway, becoming a Master in any era requires considerable skill - Kit Fisto for one managed to hold his own and almost defeat General Grievous and Mace Windu, well Windu invented his own lightsaber form. And Yoda had 900 years to master every single one, he was praised by many as one of the most powerful Jedi who had ever existed, and yet Sidious matched his power.

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2013 , 11:56 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm gonna have to do the list, aren't I? What is this, the fifth time?

Yoda- too many impressive skills and powers to count, not to mention being the second most powerful Jedi ever.
Mace Windu- Mastered the seven forms and developed Vaapad, the form he used to defeat Darth Sidious
Plo Koon- Master of Djem So, Alter Environment, Electric Judgment, and several Baran Do techniques (of the Hassat-dur family)
Ki-Adi Mundi- Master of Ataru and incredibly skilled with Force Healing, in addition to his heightened reflexes (heightened for a Jedi to boot).
Kit Fisto- Master of Shii-Cho, which he coupled with Force speed to make him so fast that even Obi-Wan Kenobi could barely see him. Able to defeat General Grievous with relative ease.
Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Master of Soresu, able to compete with the Chosen One in battle
Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.

Edit: You're going to say the list is pointless, aren't you? That makes me
OMG! Aurbere! Cin Drallig has appeared in TCW!

Though to add, Cin was also adept in Force Speed.

Now to go watch the TCW episode...
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 11:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
OMG! Aurbere! Cin Drallig has appeared in TCW!

Though to add, Cin was also adept in Force Speed.

Now to go watch the TCW episode...
It's about time! I just watched that episode lol. Personally, I would have preferred him being shown training students, but any appearance is fine by me.

Just edited Force Speed into the post, thanks for reminding me.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 12:03 PM | #25
Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.[/COLOR]
Yoda- no arguments there.
Ki-Adi-Mundi-killed by a few clone troopers... nuff said. ... ok it was a surprise but still...
Kit Fisto- had problems vs Asajj Ventress which is a joke..General Grievous,not even a force user.A jedi master of great skill as you ppl describe him should not boast that he defeated a cyborg,even if he is a famous jedi killer.
Obi-Wan Kenobi- one of the most pathetic jedi i have seen in all Star Wars franchise in terms of prowess.He has his Soresu and thats it.The ''Choosen one'' was drunk with the dark side and not knowing what he was doing in the Mustafar accident.
Cin Drallig and Plo Kloon,powerful in their own right,compared to other in that era.Still don't know why you think that by mentioning a few force abilities along with a few lightsaber forms you will make them look amazing.Mastering a few force abilities and forms is a must,bare mininum,after all they are jedi masters.As all jedi in that era they don't struck me as ''powerful''.They are just not impressive.

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 12:05 PM | #26
Obi-Wan Kenobi- one of the most pathetic jedi i have seen in all Star Wars franchise in terms of prowess.He has his Soresu and thats it.The ''Choosen one'' was drunk with the dark side and not knowing what he was doing in the Mustafar accident.
Please, elaborate.

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 12:11 PM | #27
Yoda- no arguments there.
Ki-Adi-Mundi-killed by a few clone troopers... nuff said. ... ok it was a surprise but still...
Kit Fisto- had problems vs Asajj Ventress which is a joke..General Grievous,not even a force user.A jedi master of great skill as you ppl describe him should not boast that he killed a cyborg,even if he is a famous jedi killer.
Cin Drallig and Plo Kloon,powerful in their own right,still not impressive as the jedi of the Old Republic.
Ki-Adi Mundi fared a whole lot better than most Jedi. His heightened reflexes allowed him to fight back, but it wasn't enough. Overwhelming firepower was too much. Of course that would happen to most Jedi.

If you understood Shii-Cho, you would know that Ventress' use of Makashi was too much for Fisto. Makashi being the scissors to Shii-Cho's paper.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a great Jedi. One of the most skilled swordsmen in the Order, and a very powerful Jedi Master. At least read up on him before saying such things.

If you are talking feats, then you would be correct. Of course feats aren't indicative of power and skill.

Still don't know why you think that by mentioning a few force abilities along with a few lightsaber forms you will make them look amazing.Mastering a few force abilities and forms is a must,bare mininum,after all they are jedi masters.As all jedi in that era they don't struck me as ''powerful''.They are just not impressive.
Understand that those mentioned above were the best in their chosen form. Yoda mastered Ataru to the highest extent. Mace Windu could be considered an equal swordsman to Yoda (having defeated Darth Sidious). Obi-Wan was THE Soresu Master. Anakin Skywalker was THE master of Djem So.

I believe the reason they aren't impressive to you is because they don't go around killing hundreds of Sith and blowing up giant space stations. Does one need to do that in order to be great? Does someone need to fight in wars for their entire life to be considered great?

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 12:14 PM | #28
If you are talking feats, then you would be correct. Of course feats aren't indicative of power and skill.
Only because there was not a influx of Sith Lords roaming the galaxy for the Jedi to prove themselves against.

And concerning Ki-Adi Mundi, he was also underfire from the battle droids behind him.

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2013 , 12:16 PM | #29
It's about time! I just watched that episode lol. Personally, I would have preferred him being shown training students, but any appearance is fine by me.

Just edited Force Speed into the post, thanks for reminding me.
Ya...oh well, perhaps he'll get more appearances.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Jonoku
02.17.2013 , 12:17 PM | #30
This is a joke. Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most powerful jedi that has always followed the jedi code except the one moment when he killed Darth Maul in TPM. From that point on he has followed the jedi code not letting the weakness of the Sith Code to get to him. It is difficult to resist the darkside and Obi-Wan proved strong enough to resist the darkside. He is obviously strong in the force, he defeated the fallen Chosen one and what are you talking about drunk? Wheres the source? Lol, your funny.