Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 11:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Sidious took out 3 Jedi Council members in a matter of seconds
Sorry to break it to you but Kit Fisto and the others are pathetic as well as all jedi in that era with the exeption of Yoda.Malgus would have killed them in a matter of seconds also.Ok not in a matter of seconds,maybe a few minutes.
Yes Sidious is propably more powerful,but comparing him with the jedi in his timeline is not to his advantage,because they are bad.

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 11:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Sorry to break it to you but Kit Fisto and the others in that scene are pathetic.Malgus would have killed them in a matter of seconds also.
You have no evidence to support this whatsoever. Hence the brevity of your reply.

Kit Fisto was considered to be one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, and mastered Shii-Cho - he was also on the Jedi High Council, an honor reserved only for the most powerful Jedi.

Agen Kolar was also a master lightsaber duelist as was Saesee Tiin - both were Jedi Masters on the Jedi High Council. Sidious sent all these guys to there graves in a matter of seconds. Malgus couldn't even handle a trooper with a detonator.

But I figure your holding back on your arguments and are about to blow me away with a devastatingly powerful response backed with evidence, examples, quotes and a few stats thrown in their for the sake of it. Here goes, I'm ready...

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 11:09 AM | #13
Sorry to break it to you but Kit Fisto and the others are pathetic as well as all jedi in that era with the exeption of Yoda.Malgus would have killed them in a matter of seconds also.Ok not in a matter of seconds,maybe a few minutes.
Yes Sidious is propably more powerful,but comparing him with the jedi in his timeline is not to his advantage,because they are bad.
Wrong. While Agen Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto aren't the best of the Order, they are quite skilled swordsmen. Not to mention the rest of the Jedi Council being incredibly powerful. Am I going to have to list them again?
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 11:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Wrong. While Agen Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto aren't the best of the Order, they are quite skilled swordsmen. Not to mention the rest of the Jedi Council being incredibly powerful. Am I going to have to list them again?
I don't mean to correct the almighty Aurbere () - but I think they were, that why they were sent along with Windu to defeat Sidious.

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2013 , 11:22 AM | #15
I don't mean to correct the almighty Aurbere () - but I think they were, that why they were sent along with Windu to defeat Sidious.
I think what he meant was, that in terms of skill there were others that would be considered the best in the Order as it wouldn't just be like 2-4 or so.

Also LOL at this thread, Sidious mops the floor with Malgus...quite literally.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 11:23 AM | #16
My point is that the jedi in the movies timeline are relatively weak ,not that Maglus is powerful.Ok Kit fisto is one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.Imagine how terrible the jedi must be during his time,for him to be one of the best swordsmen.My conclusion is drawn from what i see in wookiepedia and when i saw him in episode 2,not to mention 3 when he died.
Kit Fisto was considered to be one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, and mastered Shii-Cho - he was also on the Jedi High Council, an honor reserved only for the most powerful Jedi.
This is not exaclty a counter to my point,because as i said all jedi in that timeline are bad compared to those in the past.
Would also like to point out that being incredibly strong in the force and in the use of lightsaber is not always the most important criteria for going up in the ranks of the jedi order.

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 11:33 AM | #17
My point is that the jedi in the movies timeline are relatively weak ,not that Maglus is powerful.Ok Kit fisto is one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.Imagine how terrible the jedi must be during his time,for him to be one of the best swordsmen.My conclusion is drawn from what i see in wookiepedia and when i saw him in episode 2,not to mention 3 when he died.
Not 'point' - misguided opinion. For one we barely see him in Attack of the Clones, and he dies in Revenge of the Sith so quickly because Sidious is just that good - not because Kit Fisto is weak. And if you actually read Wookieepedia you would also understand that the Jedi had experienced a Golden Age of peace in which they became exponentially more powerful as Jedi thrive in peaceful conditions. So PQ Jedi > OR Jedi.

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 11:34 AM | #18
Had other members (Plo Koon, Mundi, Yoda) been there, Mace would have brought them to fight Sidious.

Pretending that the other three Jedi stood a chance...

Kit Fisto's Shii-Cho form would prove ineffective against the single blade of Sidious. Agen Kolar's use of Ataru would be a hindrance. Tiin would be the best out of the three for this situation, but would be dealt with quickly. But Mace had no choice. Those three were the best that he could get at the time.

Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin are incredibly skilled swordsmen, but there are others in the Order that are better than them.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 11:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Had other members (Plo Koon, Mundi, Yoda) been there, Mace would have brought them to fight Sidious.

Pretending that the other three Jedi stood a chance...

Kit Fisto's Shii-Cho form would prove ineffective against the single blade of Sidious. Agen Kolar's use of Ataru would be a hindrance. Tiin would be the best out of the three for this situation, but would be dealt with quickly. But Mace had no choice. Those three were the best that he could get at the time.

Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin are incredibly skilled swordsmen, but there are others in the Order that are better than them.
Well okay... I am once again humbled by your knowledge

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #20
Not 'point' - misguided opinion. For one we barely see him in Attack of the Clones, and he dies in Revenge of the Sith so quickly because Sidious is just that good - not because Kit Fisto is weak. And if you actually read Wookieepedia you would also understand that the Jedi had experienced a Golden Age of peace in which they became exponentially more powerful as Jedi thrive in peaceful conditions. So PQ Jedi > OR Jedi.
They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.This along with other things made them complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.
I think you overestimate Kit Fisto and the other jedi because of some kind of SW movies fanboyism.