Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Darth_Leadon's Avatar


Darth_Leadon
02.17.2013 , 12:16 AM | #11
It is Venntress, she has not been seen yet in that awesome new mask. They are keepin her for the end of season 5. Anyone trained in the Force can make another believe they are a Jedi.

Vepariga's Avatar


Vepariga
02.17.2013 , 02:19 AM | #12
Fantastic episode,That chase was awesome. Love seeing the visuals of the rising Empire and that homage to 'The Fugitive' at the end was a great touch, cant wait till the final!
== Dark Lord of the Sith and Proud member of the 501st Legion ==
"For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is."

sithgreyguard's Avatar


sithgreyguard
02.17.2013 , 04:58 AM | #13
my thoughs are the accomplice is the Mirialan jedi talking to ashoka. or she could be working with sidious. not sure about ventress though, would be cool if shes back .

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
At first I suspected Sidious, but then the lightsaber cuts convinced me it was Ventress. But why? If it is Ventress was she targeting Ashoka all along? Did she pose as a Jedi or does she have an accomplice? And how did she know that Ashoka would get arrested? Most of all I want to know what Ventress' motives are, I mean I never got the feeling she hated the Jedi, or Anakin - although they do have a history...

But yeah, the chase scene was awesome and suspenseful. And I thought the stun bolts deflecting off her lightsaber was visually stunning. I also like the Imperial theme going on here, what with the Imperial March, the prison cells from the Death Star and the fact that there are battlecruisers, tanks and military prisons dotted about Coruscant. Can't wait to see what the underworld is like. Great episode.

EDIT: One thing I noticed has improved is the animation of facial expressions, its sort of subtle but you'll notice they're far more expressive and detailed, same goes for gestures etc. TCW has certainly come a long way.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 05:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by spookyBen View Post
Who knows? They might. I highly doubt it was Maul given he is likely still angry at Sidious for killing his brother known as Savage I believe to do something such as that possibly. I doubt it was Ventress because Ventress doesn't do sneaky things like that, she attacks without stealth, period. Sidious might be it though because when you talk about the title, its "The Jedi who knew too much," so it could be that Letta was going to tell Ahsoka it was the Chancellor, who is known as Darth Sidious with his sith lord name, therefore exposing the Chancellor in a way.

But still, theres not enough proof to make actual statements of it being whoever, but I do have suspicions of either a new person being introduced, or it being sidious.
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
my thoughs are the accomplice is the Mirialan jedi talking to ashoka. or she could be working with sidious. not sure about ventress though, would be cool if shes back .
Ventress attacks without stealth? I wouldn't say that, I would strongly disagree. She is an Sith assassin remember and on numerous occasions has been dispatched to deal with her enemies via stealth. For example when she rescued Gunray, when she used the Clone Trooper (Slick) as an informant on Christophsis, when she acted as a spy on Kamino, when she tricked Jabba in to thinking the Jedi had kindapped Rotta, when she used Savage as a pawn etc etc. Stealth is practically her middle name, along with Nightsister and assassin and subterfuge which are synonymous with stealth.

And also the fact that as we see in the trailers, it is her that Ashoka confronts. Seems a very unlikely coincidence. And if it is Sidious, who killed the Clone Troopers? I can't imagine Sidious getting out his dark side get up and sneaking around a military base to kill some troopers, looks like the work of Ventress.

And remember that Sidious is the Chancellor, and Letta said it was a Jedi. Letta would be able to recognise the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic I'm sure, and not mistake him for a Jedi. But then again, Ventress, or whoever it was, must have a Jedi accomplice. Otherwise how would Letta have a name? Come to think of it, why would this 'Jedi' give her a name at all?

I also doubt its the Barriss Offee because she dies in Order 66 (cut scene however) which means she's with the Republic till the end. Then again that could easily be retconned as it never made an appearance in the films, but she seems very light side, pro Jedi to me...

Imbik's Avatar


Imbik
02.17.2013 , 05:37 AM | #15
Once they dont make any "droids episode", CW is getting better.
Palino TOFN

LordRaeth's Avatar


LordRaeth
02.17.2013 , 08:04 AM | #16
I don't think it's Ventress, it just seems to unusual and an extreme step from what we've seen from her before. I think it has to be someone whose known, otherwise the guards would of been extremely suspicious and wouldn't of just of been knocked out when Ahsoka first escapes.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 09:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaeth View Post
I don't think it's Ventress, it just seems to unusual and an extreme step from what we've seen from her before. I think it has to be someone whose known, otherwise the guards would of been extremely suspicious and wouldn't of just of been knocked out when Ahsoka first escapes.
I'm not quite sure I understand what your saying here.

What do you mean suspicious? Jedi weren't allowed in the facility either so a quick stealth attack would have been the only option. And if it was a Jedi who used his/her identity to gain access, there would have been record of that. But I don't really get what your saying...

It is unusual, but only because we don't have all the facts. She hates Jedi, and she hates Anakin. So at least bombing the Jedi temple is not much of a stretch, who knows what she has planned for Ashoka... but the main reason I think this is the case is because Ventress confronts Ashoka in Undercity - that seems to much of a coincidence.

spookyBen's Avatar


spookyBen
02.17.2013 , 09:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ventress attacks without stealth? I wouldn't say that, I would strongly disagree. She is an Sith assassin remember and on numerous occasions has been dispatched to deal with her enemies via stealth. For example when she rescued Gunray, when she used the Clone Trooper (Slick) as an informant on Christophsis, when she acted as a spy on Kamino, when she tricked Jabba in to thinking the Jedi had kindapped Rotta, when she used Savage as a pawn etc etc. Stealth is practically her middle name, along with Nightsister and assassin and subterfuge which are synonymous with stealth.

And also the fact that as we see in the trailers, it is her that Ashoka confronts. Seems a very unlikely coincidence. And if it is Sidious, who killed the Clone Troopers? I can't imagine Sidious getting out his dark side get up and sneaking around a military base to kill some troopers, looks like the work of Ventress.

And remember that Sidious is the Chancellor, and Letta said it was a Jedi. Letta would be able to recognise the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic I'm sure, and not mistake him for a Jedi. But then again, Ventress, or whoever it was, must have a Jedi accomplice. Otherwise how would Letta have a name? Come to think of it, why would this 'Jedi' give her a name at all?

I also doubt its the Barriss Offee because she dies in Order 66 (cut scene however) which means she's with the Republic till the end. Then again that could easily be retconned as it never made an appearance in the films, but she seems very light side, pro Jedi to me...
Oh, my mistake. But Sidious is a Dark Jedi and could of made Letta think he was a Jedi (Though he is a sith lord.)

And I just had thoughts of a chance of it being General Skywalker possibly, because he has used Force Choke before as seen in a episode a while back he used Force Choke on Gunray to get Gunray to tell him something which I forgot. Though, I don't know why he would Force Choke Letta, but who knows.
I don't like the light side.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 10:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by spookyBen View Post
Oh, my mistake. But Sidious is a Dark Jedi and could of made Letta think he was a Jedi (Though he is a sith lord.)

And I just had thoughts of a chance of it being General Skywalker possibly, because he has used Force Choke before as seen in a episode a while back he used Force Choke on Gunray to get Gunray to tell him something which I forgot. Though, I don't know why he would Force Choke Letta, but who knows.
Hmmm, I get the feeling the writers were making it look like it was Anakin, but then revealed it was not when they showed Anakin was not actually there... interesting thought though, who's to say the person who force choked Letta is the same one who helped Ashoka escape? Doesn't that seem counter intuitive? The person who choked Letta obviously wanted to keep something from Ashoka, while making it look like her to remove her from the picture. So why then would this person then help her escape? And go to such lengths to further make Ashoka look guilty?

I highly doubt this person could possibly have masterminded the whole thing, from the Jedi Temple sabotage, to framing Ashoka... Maybe Ashoka just got in the way and framing her was a means of taking her out, but again, why not just stop with her imprisonment? Why let her escape and frame her for more murders?

So this is the way I see it. This 'person' - possibly a Jedi - orchestrated the attack on the Temple. Letta attempted to tell Ashoka, the only Jedi she could trust, who this person was. The person, wishing it to remain a secret, silenced Letta and framed Ashoka. However another individual (possibly Ventress) seeking for some reason to undermine this person, helped Ashoka to escape, killing the guards not to frame her, but to stop them preventing her escape.

But why free Ashoka? She doesn't actually know anything. Well I remembered what Tarkin said, that the sound of the recording had been tampered with, so only Ashoka knows that Letta was working for a Jedi. And maybe this other person needs Ashoka to convince the Jedi. Just a theory, but I think there could be two people involved in this.

LordRaeth's Avatar


LordRaeth
02.17.2013 , 10:35 AM | #20
I didn't get how the guards could be attacked and not see who did it when the ones near the entrance were only knocked out and recovering as I recall.