Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does anyone else thing the Rule of Two is kind of stupid? (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Does anyone else thing the Rule of Two is kind of stupid? (spoilers)

Master-A
02.17.2013 , 06:21 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
This is silly, basically your saying that in your head the Emperor is the most powerful being in the galaxy, but all other material suggests that he is not. There is no contradiction here, just a misunderstanding on your part.
Im preety sure he was. otherwise how did he manage to turn Revan and defeat a group of the most powerfull Jedi and turn them too. Even without training his streangth and power without sith training managed to srip his own real father from his rank and power at young age too. and that after gathering followers. Who have been described as more powerfull and who would fear him if he wasent they even say he is the most powerfull in the JK story I dont remember exactly what was sayed but it defenetly sounded like that expecially when it comes too them saying "Imagen what he could becom if he destroyed the galaxy" something like that.
The Progenitor

Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 06:46 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-A View Post
Im preety sure he was. otherwise how did he manage to turn Revan and defeat a group of the most powerfull Jedi and turn them too. Even without training his streangth and power without sith training managed to srip his own real father from his rank and power at young age too. and that after gathering followers. Who have been described as more powerfull and who would fear him if he wasent they even say he is the most powerfull in the JK story I dont remember exactly what was sayed but it defenetly sounded like that expecially when it comes too them saying "Imagen what he could becom if he destroyed the galaxy" something like that.
Revan was already dark side when he faced the Emperor so little 'turning' was necessary. And later when Revan returned with Meetra and Scourge the Emperor was almost defeated, and may have died if Scourge hadn't changed sides. The Jedi who faced the Emperor were far from 'the most powerful' either - none were on the council, two were peacekeepers and not fighters, only one of them was a master, and another had had his connection to the Force diminished. Really nothing special.

And in the JK story the Knight says 'you will never possess that kind of power' indicating that the Emperor was deluded in thinking he could consume the entire galaxy. However I'm not saying the Emperor was weak. He was clearly the most powerful Sith of his time but not the most powerful Force user, and not the most powerful Sith whoever existed in the past and future, nor immune to defeat at the hands of a single Jedi.

Master-A
02.17.2013 , 07:05 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Revan was already dark side when he faced the Emperor so little 'turning' was necessary. And later when Revan returned with Meetra and Scourge the Emperor was almost defeated, and may have died if Scourge hadn't changed sides. The Jedi who faced the Emperor were far from 'the most powerful' either - none were on the council, two were peacekeepers and not fighters, only one of them was a master, and another had had his connection to the Force diminished. Really nothing special.

And in the JK story the Knight says 'you will never possess that kind of power' indicating that the Emperor was deluded in thinking he could consume the entire galaxy. However I'm not saying the Emperor was weak. He was clearly the most powerful Sith of his time but not the most powerful Force user, and not the most powerful Sith whoever existed in the past and future, nor immune to defeat at the hands of a single Jedi.

The Emperor was weakend ain the end but he could still fight. and then the Jedi dident have to be in concil or Masters to be one of the most powerful Jedi it was clearly that the Jedi you played was one and they did clearly say that they was gathering a crew of the strongest jedi to face the emperor. The emperor took his power from hundreds of other sith and became the most powerfull or you think any sith could defeat 100 sith at the same time cuz thats what it was like to fight the emperor + the streangth in that planet. he consumed it all. And if you did listen to the dialogs when the JK talks to Scourge he did say Revan would have faild. He had seen it in a vision. So no he wasent even close to defeat. He was Imortall befor he was weakend and he dident die then he was only even more weakend. So in the end he meet one of them ost powerful Jedi the order could offer and the emperor himself was weakdo to some action that was weard to me but thats the way it was. If he had have been not weakend they might as well storm DK with 100+ Jedi to be sure to defeat the emperor but ofc the empire wasent as stupid as the republic and leave there capital undefended.
The Progenitor

Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 10:41 AM | #24
With the introduction of the Rule of Two,the sith become something of an illuminati conspiracy.Secret society composed of two members,manipulating galactic events untill they destroy the jedi and create a new galactic order.
I think the question whether or not the Rule of Two is ''kind of stupid'' is irrelevant. It is the natural evolution of the sith order .Kaan's sith would have lost the war against the Army of Light anyway.What Bane did is perfectly natural and you can find strong arguments for it in the context of Bane's era.

Personally i like the Sith more ,when they were a nation and a race as it is in Marka Ragnos Empire and a rulling class theocracy in the successor empire we have in this game.Not a secret cult.
I think the Sith Empire we have in this game could have had a somewhat a successful future,if the circumstances were not against it.More specificaly this sith empire HAS to lose,because there is already established lore going 3700 years ahead.
If the Star Wars franchise started with the old sith empire,and not with the movies,and the galactic history after the Second Great Galactic War was blank spot , i can't see any reason this empire being destroyed completely and vanish.

Spartanik
02.17.2013 , 03:25 PM | #25
Quote:
And if you did listen to the dialogs when the JK talks to Scourge he did say Revan would have faild. He had seen it in a vision.
This is obviously mentioned in the book and central to scourge betrayal. however I recall Revan saying to him that visions arent set in stone that the future is always in motion.
They could well defeat the emperor as well given the chance Meetra was about to face the emperor who was cought by suprise at that time when she was stabed.
scourge just didnt wanted to take the risk, like all sith they are afraid in the end.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

DarknessInLight
02.18.2013 , 02:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dark_wolf View Post
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE DARTH BANE TRILOGY.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu