Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Time Voted From a Flashpoint

Suzina
02.16.2013 , 09:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Is it even possible for a heal to start an encounter? I've not seen that before.
No, healing someone out-of-combat is never ever a pull mechanic. Someone had to be in proximity. There's no mention of certain things you'd expect the tank to say, like who was guarded and the cooldown of taunt.

Quote:
I ask for a cc. The Merc starts blasting me with his gun heal, pulling aggro on the group again, we kill most of them but wipe
I see no talk of attempting to regain aggro from the healer. No mention of the cooldown of the next taunt. So I'm assuming the healer died. In most groups, if the healer dies and all they did was heal, the tank says "Sorry taunt was on cooldown" or "Oops". Especially if the tank had just accidentally got too close to a pack of enemies and accidentally face pulled, only to blame it on the healer healing out of combat.

It sounds like the people who voted to kick the tank saved themselves from an argument. The same one we're having on the forum.
Member of Bane Fleet

Pubsam
02.16.2013 , 09:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Sorry dude but he certainly pulled them, both times. I was nice the 1st time. The 2nd time he was closest and his gun heal triggered it. He immediately had 2 elites, 3 strong, and a few trash all attacking him at once. I only have single taunt at level 19. He went down in seconds.
If everybody's outside of aggro range a heal will not pull. When someone goes afk sometimes I'll put an AOE heal directly under a group of mobs for the chuckles. They do not pull.

However, if someone (not necessarily the healer) facepulls or arsepulls WHILE the healer is healing, the healer will get aggro immediately. This causes a disproportionate amount of healers to be blamed for facepulling, since they're always the first to die. If he was closest he probably did the facepulling and his healing at the same time just sealed the deal.
Time for a nap.

Strainge
02.16.2013 , 10:05 PM | #13
@Suzina

If you read my original post and the response to a reply, I clearly explain exactly what happened before, during, and after. I'm level 19 with a single taunt, and the healer was level 16. He ran too close to the mob and was dead in under 3 seconds. Of course I taunted 1 of the elites and right after used my 8 second cc on the other, I can only do so much. I don't know what you want to hear other than that. I've been playing this game since it first dropped, and did a lot of dumb stuff in the beginning. But I always manned up, took my ****, and learned from it. BTW I joined another group right away and the heals was also level 16, but the 2 DPS were each 2 levels lower than the last group, and we flew through it. No wipes. No one else pulling. All nice, friendly people. It certainly made up for it.

wargonglok
02.16.2013 , 10:47 PM | #14
sorta thing similar happened to me today, except as healer

was healing cademimu and one of our dps was in lvl 20 gear, so he kept on dying faster than i could sneeze becasue he broke ccs and attacked unaggroed mobs. Coudl sware he wanted to reach through my screen and throttle me for letting him die
Sniper, 'nough said

Ellisj
02.17.2013 , 04:28 AM | #15
Why are you so concerned about this if you only get a single taunt?
Let them know that and tell the dps to cc or to concentrate on one npc to make things easier.

An individual who ridicules another is normally the fool. I bet you the healer also dps'd mobs at that level bc you do not need major heals for HS.

Petnil
02.17.2013 , 07:07 AM | #16
Well, exept for that one pull. Itīs the first tricky pull in a FP. Everything up till that have been cake. Usually as tank i just ignore the elites and pick up all trash then taunt the elite the dps havenīt just about killed. Ofc if itīs a good group they will cc one elite and kill trash. Then iīll ofc fokus on holding the stronger mobs.

Strainge
02.17.2013 , 11:07 AM | #17
Just got mind maze and dark ward at level 20. That'll help a bunch. I don't think aoe taunt comes til level 28-ish. I totally get that as the tank even if I'm not the 1 who messes up it's my job to get us through it. Unless of course a DPS keeps pulling the mobs, then I sit back and let em die so they learn not to do that. I have a 50 guardian that I tank endgame with, so I'm not new to the tank aspect. A lot of people suggest to level as DPS to 50 cause it's quicker, but I disagree with this, as you will be a better tank at 50 if you level as one. The 1-49 is a learning phase for sure. Thanks for all the feedback, even if you disagree with me.

McCamper
02.17.2013 , 02:54 PM | #18
The tank is always blamed no matter what. It's things like that which have made me stop using my tanks in flashpoints anymore, I only PVP with them now.

WillHolmes
02.17.2013 , 04:02 PM | #19
merc heals dont trigger groups, fool
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

JimmyTheCannon
02.17.2013 , 05:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellisj View Post
Why are you so concerned about this if you only get a single taunt?
Let them know that and tell the dps to cc or to concentrate on one npc to make things easier.

An individual who ridicules another is normally the fool. I bet you the healer also dps'd mobs at that level bc you do not need major heals for HS.
He said that he told the healer to CC and that's when the healer healed him instead.