Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous


Galvetyce's Avatar


Galvetyce
02.16.2013 , 08:56 PM | #1
Who is truly the more powerful between the two?

Scutum's Avatar


Scutum
02.16.2013 , 09:11 PM | #2
I'm afraid it's Sideous, since I'm pretty sure he's the most powerful Sith in canon history. If I'm wrong about that then somebody please tell me
<--------------------------------------------------->
In my right arm I bear the shield,
With which I shall protect the republic.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.16.2013 , 09:13 PM | #3
Seriously? I mean seriously? Is this for real?

Sidious takes it with ease. Malgus is no match for the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

GhostDrone's Avatar


GhostDrone
02.17.2013 , 03:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Seriously? I mean seriously? Is this for real?

Sidious takes it with ease. Malgus is no match for the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist.
Getting insanely sick of hearing that.

If anyone DARES to put another Sith/Jedi against Sidious someone instantly has to jump and say;

"OH WELL SIDIOUS WINS BECAUSE HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL SITH EVER LOL, CANON SAYS HE IS, SO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

His power is being so exaggerated, it's annoying. (Making Maul beg to Sidious in the Clone Wars, for example. COMPLETELY out of character and unnecessary.)

Yeah okay, he's powerful, WE GET IT. The EU had years upon years to expand on why Sidious is so powerful and that's wonderful.

So stop crushing everyone under the wrongly overpowered boot of "CANON SAYS SO" and let people's imaginations run free.

For some people; Malgus wins because he looks cooler, because he's overall more likeable and (in my opinion) a better character than Sidious.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

utio's Avatar


utio
02.17.2013 , 04:15 AM | #5
Well don't ask who is more powerful if you don't want the answer. Perhaps you should have asked who was cooler?
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

BloodSanction's Avatar


BloodSanction
02.17.2013 , 04:19 AM | #6
how is that even a serious question? who and where does it say sidious was the most powerful sith? that notion is laughable and amateur. if you have done any amount of serious research you would know that sidious was extremely weak and a tratior to the sith ideals. also not to mention that the level of lightsaber mastery far outstripped these modern day jedi/sith. so to answer this question malgus would crush him like a bug with the force and carve sidious up like thanksgiving turkey. its no contest at all

legolegion's Avatar


legolegion
02.17.2013 , 05:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodSanction View Post
how is that even a serious question? who and where does it say sidious was the most powerful sith? that notion is laughable and amateur. if you have done any amount of serious research you would know that sidious was extremely weak and a tratior to the sith ideals. also not to mention that the level of lightsaber mastery far outstripped these modern day jedi/sith. so to answer this question malgus would crush him like a bug with the force and carve sidious up like thanksgiving turkey. its no contest at all
Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious, was a Force-sensitive Human male who served as the last Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and the first Emperor of the Galactic Empire. A Dark Lord of the Sith who followed the Rule of Two, an ancient tenet of the Order of the Sith Lords, he was the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. His entire life as a Sith was the culmination of a thousand-year plan to overthrow the Republic and the Jedi Order from within.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine
it is said opening lines of wiki page first

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
02.17.2013 , 06:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious, was a Force-sensitive Human male who served as the last Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and the first Emperor of the Galactic Empire. A Dark Lord of the Sith who followed the Rule of Two, an ancient tenet of the Order of the Sith Lords, he was the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. His entire life as a Sith was the culmination of a thousand-year plan to overthrow the Republic and the Jedi Order from within.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine
it is said opening lines of wiki page first
most powerful here can be understood,as holding the most political power. I highly doubt he is the most powerful force user in history.The EU in the events after the movies with the worm hole and all that clone bodies nonsense is crap anyways.Best case scenario he is the most powerful in the Rule of Two sith,even here i am not sure he is more powerful than Plagueis,because he didn't kill him in a combat as Bane commanded but while he was drunk and asleep.
But yes he is the most powerful being in his time,in an age where the jedi are a pathetic complacent bunch.

Naga Sadow and Darth Nox(even without the sith spirits) would eat him for breakfast,not to mention Tulak Hord.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 10:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
Getting insanely sick of hearing that.

If anyone DARES to put another Sith/Jedi against Sidious someone instantly has to jump and say;

"OH WELL SIDIOUS WINS BECAUSE HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL SITH EVER LOL, CANON SAYS HE IS, SO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

His power is being so exaggerated, it's annoying. (Making Maul beg to Sidious in the Clone Wars, for example. COMPLETELY out of character and unnecessary.)

Yeah okay, he's powerful, WE GET IT. The EU had years upon years to expand on why Sidious is so powerful and that's wonderful.

So stop crushing everyone under the wrongly overpowered boot of "CANON SAYS SO" and let people's imaginations run free.

For some people; Malgus wins because he looks cooler, because he's overall more likeable and (in my opinion) a better character than Sidious.
OK, for a moment lets pretend that Sidious is not canonically the most powerful Sith Lord ever. Sidious still wins, because he is simply obviously more powerful.

For example: Malgus was defeated by (assumedly) a strike team of four, only 2 of which were force sensitive. Sidious on the other hand managed to defeat 4 of the most powerful members of the Jedi Council, albeit with help from Anakin (although 3 where killed in a matter of seconds.)

Malgus was defeated by Bastila Shan, who later became Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Sidious defeated Yoda, the current and arguably most powerful Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

Basically the above shows that Sidious wins hands down, because its obvious that he is the more powerful Sith Lord. And for the record Sidious IMO is a better character, he is excellently voiced and acted by Ian Mcdiarmid and is amazingly cunning and clever, I also love his alter egos. He also looks epically cool in his Revenge of the Sith dark side robes.

P.S. Maul begging for mercy is a typical Sith ploy, make yourself look pathetically weak so your opponent may pity and spare you. Spiting in their face is only going to ensure your death. Live to fight another day.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.17.2013 , 10:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodSanction View Post
how is that even a serious question? who and where does it say sidious was the most powerful sith? that notion is laughable and amateur. if you have done any amount of serious research you would know that sidious was extremely weak and a tratior to the sith ideals. also not to mention that the level of lightsaber mastery far outstripped these modern day jedi/sith. so to answer this question malgus would crush him like a bug with the force and carve sidious up like thanksgiving turkey. its no contest at all
Lol are you a troll? The irony here is that if I were to do as you say, I would come up with countless sources proving you wrong. Just by watching the films I know this is not the case, Sidious took out 3 Jedi Council members in a matter of seconds, and defeated the leader of the most powerful incarnation of the Jedi Order. By reading Darth Bane I learn that Sidious was not a traitor to the Sith ideals, and followed the Rule of Two - the pinnacle of dark side teaching.

Oh yeah and the 'level of lightsaber mastery' in the Old Republic era is in fact weaker than the Prequel Era. Makes sense as things tend to improve over time, rather than recede. The Jedi Order had experienced a Golden Age of peace, giving them plenty of time to become closer and closer to the Force and more and more powerful.

Its also ironic that people like you and others are whining about people pulling the canon card, and then being completely hyprocritcal by pulling the 'anti-canon' card and completely disregarding the entire star wars universe because you think 'canon sucks'. If you don't like the universe, go somewhere else.