Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predation

Polymerize
02.16.2013 , 08:53 PM | #1
Community Guide concerning when to use Predation/Transcendence & some semi-well known tips on how/when to wrack up Fury without attacking an opponent.

> On average, how many times a game do you use Predation?

> In what situations do you use Predation?

> Do you feel like Predation is more useful to your team in an all-out 8v8 battle than using Berserk for the extra burst?

> Do you use your spammable AOE ability in order to build fury if you have the extra rage left after a battle?

> In Huttball matches, do you build rage up frequently with the intent of having Predation ready for your team and ball carrier or are you wasting your fury on Berserk?

> How many times a game do you use Predation in Huttball matches specifically?

> Do you save your stacks of fury after a big battle in which your team wipes the other team so you can pop Predation and help your team rotate to where they need to be? Or instead do you use your berserk so you can pad your stats more by killing that last guy that is alive that is 1v4 versus your team..

> Do you even have Predation as a key bind? Because sometimes I wonder...

Wookieenator
02.16.2013 , 08:57 PM | #2
>0
>never
>berserk
>yes... for berserk
>berserk
>0
>berserk
>yes. ctrl+shift+alt+0

foxmob
02.16.2013 , 09:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
If you own a Marauder, feel free to answer.

1-6 depending on WZ. most often in hb followed by CW and then vstar. least often in AHG

start of matches to get to nodes/ball (stagger with others), when a door opens in vstar, when team gets the ball in hb, running to defend "other" node in CW

> Do you feel like Predation is more useful to your team in an all-out 8v8 battle than using Berserk for the extra burst?
is berserk the same as inspiration? the CDs are different. inspiration is up less often so I'm far more liberal with transcendence/predation. but to answer the question, inspiration is more situational but can be more valuable. predation is the most important buff in the WZ (outside of stun-bubble poo)

> Do you use your spammable AOE ability in order to build fury if you have the extra rage left after a battle?
trying to think of a spammable aoe on a sentinel/mara that builds focus....

> In Huttball matches, do you build rage up frequently with the intent of having Predation ready for your team and ball carrier or are you wasting your fury on Berserk?
huh?

5+
> Do you save your stacks of fury after a big battle in which your team wipes the other team so you can pop Predation and help your team rotate to where they need to be? Or instead do you use your berserk so you can pad your stats more by killing that last guy that is alive that is 1v4 versus your team..
if I'm in a fight, I'll use the stacks for xen (watchman/anni), but if the fight's decided, I'll save the stacks for w/e I might need to do next. it could be another xen or trans or inspir

these were rhetorical questions, weren't they? my bad.

trolled.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

AngelofCain
02.16.2013 , 09:39 PM | #4
I prefer predation over blood thirst only in the fact that it makes me harder to catch even in open combat, (especially in open combat) and it makes healers harder to catch if they are moving faster than the other team.

watching two teams when both pop predation is like (probably) being on the white pony.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Technohic
02.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #5
I only played my mara to 50 and it's been a while; but I used to specifically love carnage as I felt more free to save for predation when a door pops in voidstar for the breakaway, or when my team is carrying the ball in Hutt Ball. It was never cookie cutter though, because I would not sit on it when I thought the team needed to burst down the other team either.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

crunchbarry
02.16.2013 , 09:50 PM | #6
whats predation?

Technohic
02.16.2013 , 09:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
whats predation?
http://www.torhead.com/ability/e6Gx7aj/predation
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Polymerize
02.16.2013 , 10:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
these were rhetorical questions, weren't they? my bad.

trolled.
Excellent reply.

Consider this, and you might need to change your answer....

I'm not sure what the equivalent Sentinel ability is, but Berserk is the ability you use as a Marauder that helps you with your DPS (it depends on what your spec is).

Xerain
02.16.2013 , 10:05 PM | #9
Depends on the game actually. I can't give you a good number as I don't count.

Voidstar:
Defense -USE PREDATION WHILE DEFENDING ALWAYS. PREDATE, PREDATE, PREDATE ON DEFENSE DAMMIT.

Offense- Pop predation when doors blow up to give your team that movement advantage. Otherwise you should be using berserk to blow people up.

Civil War:
Pop predation for your team at the start of the game when everyone hits the ground.
If you feel your team is getting taken over in a battle pop pred for that defense boost to help
When switching nodes to defend pop pred

Huttball:
Always Predation. ALWAYS when your team has possession of the ball.

When the other team has the ball you're going to need to use your berserk and bloodthirst. Generally pop the BT to focus down the ball carrier.

Novare:
Pop pred at the start like you do in civil war.
Pop pred if you feel you need the defensive boost
Pop pred to switch nodes
Basically the same as civil war

Hypergate:
Bascially The same as novare and civil war, didn't watn to type again.

Depends on whats going on. It's a utility and you need to learn to pop it as needed.

What else are you going to do with that rage? Of course!

I answered this question up there for you.

I answered this one for you up there too

Depends, if they switch nodes I predate, if they come back at us I berserk to kill people.

Of course I do. Why wouldn't you?

Edit: I didn't answer everything in a much depth as i could of so if anyone has any questions I will help answer them the best I can.

Polymerize
02.16.2013 , 10:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Depends on the game actually. I can't give you a good number as I don't count.

Voidstar:
Defense -USE PREDATION WHILE DEFENDING ALWAYS. PREDATE, PREDATE, PREDATE ON DEFENSE DAMMIT.

Offense- Pop predation when doors blow up to give your team that movement advantage. Otherwise you should be using berserk to blow people up.

Civil War:
Pop predation for your team at the start of the game when everyone hits the ground.
If you feel your team is getting taken over in a battle pop pred for that defense boost to help
When switching nodes to defend pop pred

Huttball:
Always Predation. ALWAYS when your team has possession of the ball.

When the other team has the ball you're going to need to use your berserk and bloodthirst. Generally pop the BT to focus down the ball carrier.

Novare:
Pop pred at the start like you do in civil war.
Pop pred if you feel you need the defensive boost
Pop pred to switch nodes
Basically the same as civil war

Hypergate:
Bascially The same as novare and civil war, didn't watn to type again.

Depends on whats going on. It's a utility and you need to learn to pop it as needed.

What else are you going to do with that rage? Of course!

I answered this question up there for you.

I answered this one for you up there too

Depends, if they switch nodes I predate, if they come back at us I berserk to kill people.

Of course I do. Why wouldn't you?

Edit: I didn't answer everything in a much depth as i could of so if anyone has any questions I will help answer them the best I can.
Excellent answer.

FYI this is not for my benefit. It is for experienced Marauders to come and here and comment so other people who are interested can read something, and learn from it.