Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1st Time Voted From a Flashpoint


Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.16.2013 , 04:19 AM | #1
Hopped on group finder for Hammer Station with my level 19 Sin tank. Both DPS were about my level, our heals was a level 16 Merc. While fighting the 2nd group right after the hallway turn, the Merc backs up too far and pulls aggro on the 3rd mob (the 1 with 2 elites and 3 strong) and we wipe. I asked him nicely to keep close next time if he was unfamiliar with the flashpoint. We rez and approach again. I ask for a cc. The Merc starts blasting me with his gun heal, pulling aggro on the group again, we kill most of them but wipe. Rez, kill the rest. I notice 1 of the DPS initiate a vote to kick me. The heals tells me to leave if I don't know how to tank. As I'm typing to make sure they know the heals messed up I am voted. It's probably best I didn't stay with such an oblivious group. I reminded myself afterwards about tanking Xeno II 16 man HM earlier with my guardian.

uniz's Avatar


uniz
02.16.2013 , 05:17 AM | #2
it is always the tanks fault no matter what happens and who is really the cause.

feel fortunate to not have to deal with these kiddies any more and leave them to their own demise. hopefully you did put them all on ignore too.

Kenjigreat's Avatar


Kenjigreat
02.16.2013 , 05:19 AM | #3
Honestly , I feel for you , as a sin tank you have no CDs till later levels and super squishy.
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Alts: Megiiddo , Iamrčvanbětch (Marauder), Megyddo/Fúckyouimrčvan (Sentinel)
Coolest Marauder EVER
Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
02.16.2013 , 09:19 AM | #4
tbh, if the healer did nothing but heal he should never get agro. I dont care how much he blast you with heals, you should be able to keep the healer alive. Keeping the dps alive is not your problem. dps will have to take care of themselves.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.16.2013 , 10:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
tbh, if the healer did nothing but heal he should never get agro. I dont care how much he blast you with heals, you should be able to keep the healer alive. Keeping the dps alive is not your problem. dps will have to take care of themselves.
Sorry dude but he certainly pulled them, both times. I was nice the 1st time. The 2nd time he was closest and his gun heal triggered it. He immediately had 2 elites, 3 strong, and a few trash all attacking him at once. I only have single taunt at level 19. He went down in seconds. Everyone who knows hammer station knows that's easily the toughest pull in there and 1 of the elites should be CC'd, and ALWAYS to wait for the tank to pull. I'm not perfect in
this game, but I always man up and take the blame when I'm at fault, and I wasn't in this case. But thank you for the input. I also totally forgot to mention that I was in stealth, the heals was closest to the mob and firing his heal gun, there's no way that he didn't pull aggro.

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
02.16.2013 , 11:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
it is always the tanks fault no matter what happens and who is really the cause.
Wait.... I thought it was always the healers fault.

Don't worry about getting kicked, sounds like you were better off.

theblaznee's Avatar


theblaznee
02.16.2013 , 12:53 PM | #7
Which is why I don't play my tank in Pugs anymore.. I simply can't be bothered with the know-it-alls that tell you that it's your fault when it quite clearly isn't..

I think it's the single biggest reason why tanks are needed for GF pops the most.. The amount of abuse you have to suffer is immense..

And yes, I know how to tank..
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

AHierophant's Avatar


AHierophant
02.16.2013 , 01:12 PM | #8
As a healer, I've seen enough blaming the tank to last a lifetime. Unfortunately for most DPS, indulging in the accusations might make you feel good right at the moment, but burns you later. That tank will eventually get fed up and quit, or will fall in with a couple DPS and a heals that does not give him/her grief and you'll never see them tank for PuGs again.

Either way, you have one less tank out there.
Looking to rer-roll from your graveyard to a healthy PvE-East Server?

Try Juyo!

RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
02.16.2013 , 04:32 PM | #9
As someone who's mains are Assasin and Jugg tanks and I am now leveling a Shadow tank I know your pain. The low level FP are hard on a tank because people bring their normal expectations of a tank and think a level 19 can do the same. You simply do not have the abilities yet.

Just remember they were still waiting for a replacent tank while you were halfway through with a new group.

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
02.16.2013 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Sorry dude but he certainly pulled them, both times. I was nice the 1st time. The 2nd time he was closest and his gun heal triggered it. He immediately had 2 elites, 3 strong, and a few trash all attacking him at once. I only have single taunt at level 19. He went down in seconds. Everyone who knows hammer station knows that's easily the toughest pull in there and 1 of the elites should be CC'd, and ALWAYS to wait for the tank to pull. I'm not perfect in
this game, but I always man up and take the blame when I'm at fault, and I wasn't in this case. But thank you for the input. I also totally forgot to mention that I was in stealth, the heals was closest to the mob and firing his heal gun, there's no way that he didn't pull aggro.
Is it even possible for a heal to start an encounter? I've not seen that before.

I assume by gun heal you mean Hammer Shot, which is weird since I've never seen a healing skill start an encounter. It's possible that your healer wandered into the enemies' aggro range and fired Hammer Shot at the exact same second, but then it would have been his proximity to the hostile mobs that started the fight, not the fact that he was healing you. I had heals ticking on Shadow/Sin tanks when they were very close to hostiles (for example Emergency Medpack on my Scoundrel or Resurgence on my Sorcerer), but these heals never started the encounter.

I'm guessing a more likely scenario would be (I'm reading the situation correctly) that the mobs simply saw through your stealth At level19, you don't really have a stealth level difference advantage and Kinetic Combat tanks don't benefit from the extra stealth levels from the Infiltration tree.

So what I would say happened is either he stood too close to the mobs and his proximity started the fight or the mobs saw through your stealth as he was using Hammer Shot on you. Either way, it wasn't his gun heal that started the fight. But that's just my opinion, anyway.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?