Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BaronV
02.16.2013 , 10:03 AM | #731
nah they will never roll back - not openly. They are too arrogant and short sighted to do so. They would rather cut off their nose to spite their face rather than admit they blundered.

If/When eventually the impact of this really starts to affect them they will silently roll out another "bug fix" or "class balance" or other such nonsense that has the effect of reducing armour costs.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

BJWyler
02.16.2013 , 10:05 AM | #732
Quote: Originally Posted by DansbyRotten View Post
I don't see a fix in today's patch notes...
Because they need to do further investigation to determine if the repair cost fix is actually working the way it is supposed to work or if there are other bugs that happened as a result. I suspect we'll find out more late next week as this is a holiday weekend so most likely have the low guys on the totem pole in the office now.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Pirana
02.16.2013 , 10:10 AM | #733
It's comical how naive some are. This "bug fix" was nothing more than an attempt to slip the cost increase by most in hopes they wouldn't see an uproar, which has backfired.

I can pretty much guarantee you if this stays in place, which more than likely it won't, there will be a Cartel package for reduced gear damage for x amount of coins in the very near future. That's the issue at hand, not just the in game monetary value.

For me, I could care less about the repair cost increase, that's only part of the problem.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Lent_San
02.16.2013 , 10:16 AM | #734
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
I can pretty much guarantee you if this stays in place, which more than likely it won't, there will be a Cartel package for reduced gear damage for x amount of coins in the very near future. That's the issue at hand, not just the in game monetary value.
I've seen this posted quite a few times during the past few days, by various posters, and while I hope it isn't true (I guess I'm an optimist...), I wouldn't put it past them. The Cartel Market has become their cash cow.

Pirana
02.16.2013 , 10:34 AM | #735
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I've seen this posted quite a few times during the past few days, by various posters, and while I hope it isn't true (I guess I'm an optimist...), I wouldn't put it past them. The Cartel Market has become their cash cow.
Unfortunately, December's event was a perfect example. They showed their hand. We'll give you the option to celebrate the Holiday's, but guess what? It's in the Cartel shop. Money is all that matters.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Lent_San
02.16.2013 , 10:37 AM | #736
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Unfortunately, December's event was a perfect example. They showed their hand. We'll give you the option to celebrate the Holiday's, but guess what? It's in the Cartel shop. Money is all that matters.
Off-topic, but I didn't buy anything other than that holosphere thingy. I refused to buy the rest. Would have loved an in-game event though. Okay, back on topic.

unbreak_able
02.16.2013 , 10:44 AM | #737
Wow, 20k in repairs for a single wipe.

BW really is stupid. Bleeding subs over a credit sink, you guys just ... lol
Unthinkable
The Bastion

iamthehoyden
02.16.2013 , 10:59 AM | #738
Ran one op last night for comms and to gear up some new players. Had a couple wipes because new players and a glitch.

Results:
First, everyone started getting really irritated by the wipes, much, MUCH earlier than they would have otherwise. Whereas before you would have seen jokes and people giving each other a hard time about it, now you had some actual anger.

Second, we ran one op, instead of a couple, and we almost didn't finish that one. A couple players couldn't afford one more wipe, so it was touch-and-go on whether we'd get finished.

In total, less fun was had. Yeah, can't see anything good about that situation.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Mallorik
02.16.2013 , 11:18 AM | #739
This is what you get with f2p, a company that focuses 90% of its attention on the cash shop and how to get people to spend more money there, where a sub game has 100% of its attention on improving the game so people will continue to pay for it.

Way to go f2p cheerleaders.

yoomazir
02.16.2013 , 11:27 AM | #740
Is it me or does the credits reward from the dailies has been lowered in some parts?