Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.16.2013 , 07:47 AM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by ntdviet View Post
Nope, you're wrong. If they want pure entertainment, they won't do the same boring ops over and over again. Go out watch a movie instead.
What raiders want is a piece of equipment that makes them feel an edge better than others, and you aren't expecting we all get that superior feeling automatically for 15 bucks a month? Come on.



Ok, so what? U paid 1mil for a fraction of an equipment. Now with good luck, u pay 1 mil for a full piece (1mil repair cost is by far exaggerating). Whats the big deal?
I've been a raider. Few are motivated by gear. Most are motivated by the challenge. Not the tedium... the challenge.

Are you a raider or are you writing from a position of ignorance, conjecture, and assumption?

Red_rocks's Avatar


Red_rocks
02.16.2013 , 07:48 AM | #702
1 death costs me 25k now.. it used to take 3-4 deaths to rack up that much.

An ops group i was guesting in today asked if I would mind healing for them while they try HM EC for the first time. I said i couldn't afford it, I had 75k to my name after buying my hazmat ear today, so we did SM instead...

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.16.2013 , 07:50 AM | #703
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I've been a raider. Few are motivated by gear. Most are motivated by the challenge. Not the tedium... the challenge.

Are you a raider?
I doubt anyone would do the operations if they didn't drop loot

"I do it for the challenge"

No you don't.

No one does.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.16.2013 , 07:51 AM | #704
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
I doubt anyone would do the operations if they didn't drop loot

"I do it for the challenge"

No you don't.

No one does.
So.. you're not a raider so you're writing from a position of ignorance, conjecture and assumption? Thanks for your opinion. It's all you have and it's just as relevant to the discussion as the turd my dog just laid out in the yard.

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.16.2013 , 07:53 AM | #705
Quote: Originally Posted by ntdviet View Post
Gamers are per definition lame and want to progress with the least effort. I remember the time in WoW where we got to prepare for a week to do 1 raid.
How come noone complain about 1mil amorings on GTN?
Because everyone wants to ignore those facts.

Just like when you needed to get 40 people together to actually get any gear in that game.

No one will mention that.

No one will acknowledge that.

Why? Because they don't care for the obvious true statements and demand to be given stuff easily without working for it.

Also my new sig sums up the people in these forums.

(I guarantee half these people just sit on the fleet complaining rather then play the game)

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.16.2013 , 07:54 AM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
That is their choice. There may be an MMO out there that will allow them to do only the "fun" things or it may be that MMO's may not be for them, and another type of game may suit them better.
I agree that dailies are boring, but I also know they are an easy source of credits which I need to be able to do the "fun" things I enjoy.
I see a lot of posters in this thread simply refusing to even entertain the thought of doing dailies or finding a way to earn the credits to afford the higher repair costs. The expectation to be able to do only the "fun" stuff and will not have to do the "boring kind" of "work", or the flat out refusal to do the "work" that an MMO generally requires, is what many would refer to as an "entitled attitude".
Did you even read what I wrote, despite quoting it? Read again. It seems you haven't understood a bit of it. Talking about being entitled, you're entitled to your opinion, that doesn't make you right though.

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.16.2013 , 07:54 AM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by AfreakinIdiot View Post
So.. you're not a raider so you're writing from a position of ignorance, conjecture and assumption? Thanks for your opinion. It's all you have and it's just as relevant to the discussion as the turd my dog just laid out in the yard.
Uhm, I am a raider, I do it for the loot so I can gear up my toon, my alts, and my companions.

And make money off the gtn for myself and my guild.

How am I ignorant?

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.16.2013 , 08:00 AM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
Uhm, I am a raider, I do it for the loot so I can gear up my toon, my alts, and my companions.
And make money off the gtn for myself and my guild.
How am I ignorant?
Look at your signature. That basically answers your question.

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.16.2013 , 08:03 AM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Look at your signature. That basically answers your question.
Thats just facts and common sense.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.16.2013 , 08:04 AM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
Uhm, I am a raider, I do it for the loot so I can gear up my toon, my alts, and my companions.

And make money off the gtn for myself and my guild.

How am I ignorant?
Sorry, I don't believe that you're being truthful. I don't believe there are many raiding guilds that would keep someone with your attitude around long enough to gear up a main, let alone alts.