Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Spoiler!) Does 'Darth Malgus' Die?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
(Spoiler!) Does 'Darth Malgus' Die?

HANSY
02.11.2013 , 10:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by nachoshark View Post
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, DON'T READ MY REPLY IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!!!

Well seeing the two like, "leaders" of the jedi/sith (Revan Malgus) are both in a flashpoint and they "die", maybe they are in for some future content, I don't know, mainly a guess.
Hey sorry about the Spoilers... My bad. I did put Spoilers in the title but I should have posted this in the Spoilers sub-category.
To your point: Revan (very simularly to Malgus) doesn't really DIE. He disappears in a flash of light. I think Star Wars cannon says he uses Force Fold.

Sadishist
02.15.2013 , 04:05 AM | #22
In Story Mode (canon mode), you don't knock Malgus into pit to kill him.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Darth_Wicked
02.15.2013 , 04:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
In Story Mode (canon mode), you don't knock Malgus into pit to kill him.
Story Mode is a lower difficulty setting; It doesn't stand for "canon defining difficulty". Also, it is possible to kill Malgus in HM without being forced to knock him into the pit.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Praven on the Esus Mesa
My family is true Sith. My only passions are integrity and honor.

BenKatarn
02.15.2013 , 05:38 PM | #24
Didn't we already have this thread a couple of times already in the past few months?

Hall Hood (BioWare Lead Writer) mentions in his Interview with TORWars, that Malgus is officially dead.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Wallner
02.16.2013 , 04:30 AM | #25
Hey, maul also fell down a bottomless pit. And he was CUT IN HALF. Oh, and Luke also fell down a bottomless pit.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he returned. Wouldn't mind it though, Malgus is a pretty awesome character.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

DoomBlackDragon
02.28.2013 , 03:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post
Hey, maul also fell down a bottomless pit. And he was CUT IN HALF. Oh, and Luke also fell down a bottomless pit.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he returned. Wouldn't mind it though, Malgus is a pretty awesome character.
Do not forget boba fett fell into sarlacc pit. Yet he lived. So just because you fall in a pit the the star wars universe does not mean you will die.
Wish I could put on my cool signature my guild master made for me.

Wish Tor forums would work with a Photobucket link

Ohamsie
02.28.2013 , 11:02 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DoomBlackDragon View Post
Do not forget boba fett fell into sarlacc pit. Yet he lived. So just because you fall in a pit the the star wars universe does not mean you will die.
Yeah, my characters have all fallen into pits loads of times, and they've always wound up magically transported to a med station.
[THE EBON HAWK] The Groundflyer Legacy
Jedi Sentinel Oham | Sith Sorceror Catalon | Scoundrel Gartrick

HANSY
05.16.2013 , 09:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Didn't we already have this thread a couple of times already in the past few months?

Hall Hood (BioWare Lead Writer) mentions in his Interview with TORWars, that Malgus is officially dead.
Yes, well, George Lucas said Boba Fett was dead... Yet he is still alive and kicking. Plus BioWare COULD always be pulling you leg. though this may be the words of a hopeful fanboy who looks at Darth Maul and Boba Fett and goes "hmm....".

DarthDymond
05.17.2013 , 01:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post

Um, in the interview you linked he says specifically "This would be a wait and see" on the topic of whether Malgus comes back (33:00 minutes in), and "I can't say whether there are any specific plans to bring Malgus back" (33:30).

He does say that he's not committed to going the route of bringing him back, since the conflict is supposed to be about the larger story of Empire v Republic with individual heroes/villains coming in and out of the picture, but that's a far cry from saying he's "officially dead".

They deliberately left the door open to bringing him back, but they may or may not end up choosing to go that route.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

seekerofpower
05.20.2013 , 11:55 AM | #30
They changed the FP, you don't have to drop him in the shaft anymore. He leaves a body. Case closed. Malgus is dead.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."