Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
02.15.2013 , 11:26 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Well, I think what he meant to say was clear, no? Bugs usually don't benefit all players in minor ways but are annoyances that deserve to be fixed. Better?
A bug may not usually benefit all players in minor ways, but that makes it no less a bug if it does. To claim a beneficial bug becomes a "feature" after a certain length of time, but refuse to accept a bug that does not benefit oneself as a "feature" if it goes unfixed for the same length of time is a rather hypocritical attitude, IMO.

This bug, by the way, did NOT benefit all players in minor ways. We've heard in thread alone about the players who were paying much higher repair costs even prior to 1.7 based on the fact that they were not using the lower level orange shells, but rather the higher level purple dread guard shells.

Ratajack
02.15.2013 , 11:30 PM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by _tegrof View Post
I hear ya, but the thing is, they did that change in 1.2 because repair costs were too high before that.

What would be their thinking (outside some cartel repair kit coming) for raising it for any reason. If you're going to "fix" this, then lower the overall since it's going to be back to being too high again.

They don't seem to understand that credit sinks like this hurt the wrong people. The people with oodles and oodles of credits aren't going to care because they have the time and the methods to earn creds constantly. The average player that has less time to play is not interested in being forced to spend 80% of play time earning creds and 20% doing things they actually enjoy.

Today is my last sub day, if it's not already freemium. I decided a while ago that their decisions were so out of touch that I wasn't willing to pay money anymore. If I find F2P too restrictive, I'll just go somewhere else eventually. Not crying, not complaining. Just saying, the people making decisions here are out of it.

I don't know what the future holds, maybe they'll finally fire the RIGHT people and get someone that knows what they're doing in there. Maybe the game will turn around. Who knows, but right now, this game and the people running it haven't earned the right to any more of my "creds".
The intent with 1.2 was to lower the repair costs, I agree. However, it may not have been the intent to lower them as much as they were lowered, and it is possible that they have been adjusted to intended post 1.2 amount. Even now the repair costs are still lower than they were prior to 1.2, although not as low as they were prior to 1.7.

Ratajack
02.15.2013 , 11:38 PM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Ferth View Post
This thread is kind of all over the place now.

I'm sorry Ratajack, but as soon as you felt the need to demonstrate your real life concerns in conjunction with your gaming concerns you lost your fight. It's entirely possible your post was 100% sincere and genuine in regard to what you do in real life and how you still manage to find time to grind dailies... But as soon as you felt the need to share it with a bunch of strangers on the internet any credibility your argument had went out the window.
If pointing out that it is possible to have a life outside of the game, and still manage, in the limited time I get to play, to make the credits to afford the higher repair costs throws my credibility out the window, then so be it. How would you respond to all those people who claim that their play time is limited due to real life concerns outside of the game and they do not have the time to do dailies or play the GTN? All I hear is people finding excuses for refusing to make any effort to earn credits to be able to afford the higher repair costs because all they want to do is the "fun' stuff.

BaronV
02.16.2013 , 12:28 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
All I hear is people finding excuses for refusing to make any effort to earn credits to be able to afford the higher repair costs because all they want to do is the "fun' stuff.
And just what the heck is wrong with that? SWTOR is a leisure activity. Its supposed to be FUN and ENTERTAINING.

I sure as hell dont pay $15 a month to be made to "work" a 2nd job. This for me is the last straw put on top of other grievances I have about this game that I truly love - THAT is why I and many like myself have unsubscribed.

Im just trying to finish off as many class storylines as possible before my subscription ends now.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Jeweledleah
02.16.2013 , 12:31 AM | #675
ok, repairs are definitely bugged.

was just trying to get world boss on Illum and we wiped to his debuff (it was a worm boss) my repair from wipe, wearing mostly bind on legacy/cartel armor shells was 8k. which I think is decent. another person in same group as me, wearing tionese shells? 30k. bear in mind, our modification quality was exactly the same, I just ripped the mods out of tionese shells and put them into event gear. this does NOT look like working as intended to me, and 30k for a single wipe, honestly seems a bit much. I used to come out at least even when running flashpoints etc ,even if they were going badly. I'm a little scared of what will happen when my operative finally hits 50 and will be wearing lvl 50 shells for a bit.

I'm not unsubscribing. there too much I still like in a game. but repair costs have got to be fixed.

Raiders
02.16.2013 , 02:24 AM | #676
@ elvinlordryan
Thanks for calling all people who agree on the stupid repair cost "stupid".
Sorry if we're not as smart as you... your IQ is so high that of course you understood everything in 10sec.
We're all QQ, F2P players or really poor subs player (like me I'm playing swtor since beta).

But hey, see the positive side of it, all QQ and poor players are cancelling their subs !!
What a wonderfull world you'll be living in few weeks... only great players like you, smart with great IQ !

I hope that you'll be smart enough to compensate all the money that EA will be missing due to all cancellation subs.. otherwise you'll have a "QQ and poor Financial Manager" who will ask to shut down the servers.

Have fun

Prysha
02.16.2013 , 02:49 AM | #677
to expensive...

i realyl wonder how lightsabers can be damaged anyway..lol
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Zipacnaa
02.16.2013 , 03:06 AM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
finally a response
This ^

Nice that they will look into it, shame it took a thread of this magnitude for them to wake up.

antiheroxi
02.16.2013 , 03:21 AM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
If pointing out that it is possible to have a life outside of the game, and still manage, in the limited time I get to play, to make the credits to afford the higher repair costs throws my credibility out the window, then so be it. How would you respond to all those people who claim that their play time is limited due to real life concerns outside of the game and they do not have the time to do dailies or play the GTN? All I hear is people finding excuses for refusing to make any effort to earn credits to be able to afford the higher repair costs because all they want to do is the "fun' stuff.
And seriously whats wrong with wanting to spend time in a game... That's designed to be fun... Well having fun... oh right for some reason the worlds getting to the point that even games should follow the pattern of real life in which we must work tediously for hours a day in order to reap the benefits.

its no longer work hard to come home and play hard for those of us that are full time workers. we get to work hard at work to come home and... well work hard at a game... and if we have time left over we may get a chance to play hard....

yeah that makes this game all together attractive for casuals. This game has been a great alternative to WoW, eq2, and the other much more time consuming games but if having to farm cash for hours on end a week to just be able to enjoy a hour a week of raids or so then this has lost all appeal for those of us with a real life. Im glad they are looking into it but really they just need to revert it and keep it the same its always been.

and for the post above that talks about how costs rise in real life... yeah you are right they do for many reasons. supply, demand, availablity of resources, etc. none of which do / should apply to repairs costs in a virtual world that supply is constant, demand is constant and is all imaginary. the only virtual fluctuations should be caused in a virtual market...

unless they made repairs market drive (ie you needed crafters to do repairs to repair) in which case then you would have a case for rising costs.

grombrinda
02.16.2013 , 04:11 AM | #680
Now see Antiheroxi post is so simple that the folks saying you should farm 2 hours or whatever and are lazy ,are very simply choosing to ignore this type of logic.

Its. A. Game....not real life work nor should it feel like real life work especially since most people use this a game as a form of escapism (same as watching tv or movies) at least for a while to get away from real life stuff.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!