Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tdgesq's Avatar


tdgesq
02.15.2013 , 10:10 PM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
i covered that with



and as i said way earlier in the thread, when 1.2 hit and the repairs were lowered so much, the first thing out of my mouth at my first repair was "wow that's fking stupid" I had thought they were a little high pre 1.2, i though they were WAY too low post 1.2, they should have found a happy medium, which, they never did.
I believe you, and I agree that they haven't found a good compromise. How it was implemented makes it worse. I think you would agree though that the dissatisfaction of the "no increase" folks outweighs the satisfaction of the "yes, increase" advocates.

tdgesq's Avatar


tdgesq
02.15.2013 , 10:12 PM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
I do, because compared to the rate of repair in this game, now, before 1.7, and before 1.2. IT WAS LAUGHABLE.

AHAHAHAHAHA

it's so cheap, people must be dirt poor if they can't afford it!

wahahahahaha

Also, don't care if you don't believe me. It happened.
Right, and what also happened is you and your group complaining about repair costs after wiping a hm fp. Everybody knows it's true already. Why not just admit it?

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.15.2013 , 10:14 PM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by tdgesq View Post
Right, and what also happened is you and your group complaining about repair costs after wiping a hm fp. Everybody knows it's true already. Why not just admit it?
Because we aren't bad and we don't wipe on HM's (also they are easy, if they wipe, you got a bad group)

ALSO

ALSO

We have a guild bank so when we do have our high end repairs of 10k-30k, they can withdraw it.

Saitada's Avatar


Saitada
02.15.2013 , 10:20 PM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
So basically you're saying that, aside from paying $15 a month to play the game as all the raiders do, they should also be required to grind 90 minutes worth of dailies per operation they have on farm and a large multiple of that 90 minutes when they want to progress?

Yeah, that's fun worth paying for!
I'm saying, I don't see the problem. It's not difficult to make credits in this game. Nor is the amount of time to make credits in this game egregious compared to other games. The only ones I see crying are the special Cupcakes who want everything handed to them w/o having to do any back effort to get it.

I'm from the good old Eq1 days when Hell Levels still existed before people like you whined and got them removed. When making Plat in the game took effort and time. Raids have always been expensive. Wipes have always been expensive. Corpse Runs were a real pain, till people wined and SOE added the cemetery. As they systematically removed the things in the game that made the game an actual challenge the game became easier and easier and those of us who played for the challenge, left to find games that were more challenging.

Sadly in this day and age, most of the games out there have little to no actual challenge to an experienced player like myself, and all I see when I see people screaming about having to actually do some back work to get what they want, is a bunch of self entitled babies who are so used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter from other games that they get upset when God Forbid, they actually have to put some effort into this game to get what they want. Not, mind you, that this game takes any real effort to do either, it's pablum at it's worst.

Only reason I'm even playing it is I like the SW IP and wish this game was about 10 times harder than it currently is.

tdgesq's Avatar


tdgesq
02.15.2013 , 10:21 PM | #665
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
Because we aren't bad and we don't wipe on HM's (also they are easy, if they wipe, you got a bad group)

ALSO

ALSO

We have a guild bank so when we do have our high end repairs of 10k-30k, they can withdraw it.
So now you never wipe, and you've never complained about the cost when you (well, it doesn't happen according to you, but let's just pretend) do. How well do you believe you have made your point here?

DarthVenizen's Avatar


DarthVenizen
02.15.2013 , 10:22 PM | #666
Quote: Originally Posted by Saitada View Post
Only reason I'm even playing it is I like the SW IP and wish this game was about 10 times harder than it currently is.
this 100000000000000000000x this

DarthVenizen's Avatar


DarthVenizen
02.15.2013 , 10:26 PM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by tdgesq View Post
So now you never wipe, and you've never complained about the cost when you (well, it doesn't happen according to you, but let's just pretend) do. How well do you believe you have made your point here?
technically he said he's never wiped in a hm fp, or he doesn't anymore. Which if he runs with a solid group, is 100% possible. HM FP's (outside of lost island and kaon bonus boss but who the hell does kaon bonus boss since they took away it dropping columi headgear even tho it's harder then the actual final boss QQ) are such a joke, most of them were designed to be run in non tionese gear, (obvious exceptions kaon and lost island) but now they hand you tionese gear significantly decreasing the difficulty. (BTW I despise that they hand you tionese gear)

And not all people complain, I never vocally back pre 1.2 said "dayum these costs are soooo high" i internally thought wow that's a bit pricey, but, whatever. I dealt with it (coincidentally part of the reason it was especially pricey was 1) tank 2) one of our healers only played for raids so i ended up paying for his repair costs as well so i was paying double 3) NM SOA SO FKING GLITCH OHMAGAWD)

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.15.2013 , 10:30 PM | #668
Quote: Originally Posted by tdgesq View Post
So now you never wipe, and you've never complained about the cost when you (well, it doesn't happen according to you, but let's just pretend) do. How well do you believe you have made your point here?
I said we never wipe its true, thats because when things hit the fan, me and the tank are stealthers.

We punish the dps for doing stupid things (BECAUSE THEY DO STUPID THINGS BECAUSE ITS FUNNY. RAMINO/MAUCS LOOKING AT YOU)

But we get them back. We have fun.

Infact, the other day, we all did wipe in HM False Emperor because WE WERE HAVING TOO MUCH DAMN FUN trying to kill each other.

But when we are focused and want to get BoI or BT done ASAP we know what to do and never wipe.

When we want to dick around, half of us wipe.

Goyaate's Avatar


Goyaate
02.15.2013 , 11:08 PM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I am boycotting an entire company because of this.



Add to this the crap that happend with Mass Effect Franchise along with the unfinished KoTOR 2 ( yeah I know it was Obsidien but it had Bioware's backing) and the suckage that was the Dragon Age garbage.
to be fair, bio had zip, zilch, zippo to do with the relative unfinished state of kotor2. lucas was the publisher and obsidian was the developer. the obsidian guys came up with some ideas to expand the original scope of kotor2, and they were told to run with those ideas... but the obsinaties foolishly did not get lucas art's ok in writing. a couple of months pass and obsidian is told that they need to finish up their development as per the initial agreement between developer and publisher... which came as a bit of a surprise to the developers.

blame obsidian for being naive. blame lucas for misleading obsidian. blame bioware for... what exactly?

dts
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."-George Bernard Shaw

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
02.15.2013 , 11:11 PM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I think you're replying to the wrong person or I've confused you with my message.

My position is that the repair costs are too damn high, and that between 1.2 and 1.7, no player ever said, "The repair costs are too damn low!" so everyone arguing the "fix" is a good thing is a hypocrite at best.

I won't claim to have said that the repair costs are too high between 1.2 and 1.7. What I have been saying is that while the repair costs are higher now, I would not classify them as too high. If there was indeed a bug between 1.2 and 1.7 that caused repair costs and/or vendor prices to be calculated incorrectly by not taking the item modifications into account, then the repair costs were not working as intended. If the devs corrected this bug, then even though my repair costs have increased, I'll just have to make sure I find a way to afford the increased costs. If there is a new bug causing the repair costs to be calculated incorrectly based on the level of the shell and not the mods, then this new bug needs to be fixed. The repair costs do not need to be reduced to the previously bugged levels.

I am a casual player with limited time to play. I'm not going to refuse to run dailies because that's not the "fun" part of the game I want to play, nor am I going to ignore the fact that I can send companions out on gathering missions and sell the mats on the GTN, though.

Do you hear people complaining complaining that costs for anything are too low in real life? I don't. Guess what, though. Prices rise in real life, too. Sometimes they go up due to rising overhead costs, sometimes due to rising costs of materials and sometimes for no apparent reason at all. When costs rise, people may complain, but they usually pay the increased costs. Most do not demand or expect that costs be lowered to the previous level.