Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
02.15.2013 , 08:35 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
No, it is a conspiracy theory, they may try to nickle and dime you to death, but that doesn't mean that they create and fix imaginary bugs to suit their needs.


Unless you have intimate knowledge of their coding, and know for a fact that this was intentional, you cannot say that was what they actually did, you just end up spewing fictitious nonsense
You're right. I can't say that's what they did, I typed it.

Back on topic. Repair costs will no doubt revert
.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

SirGCal's Avatar


SirGCal
02.15.2013 , 08:36 PM | #642
I was thinking 'bleh, crybabies' when I first heard about this. But tonight our progression guild (which is now on full farm status) went on a NiM EC re-run of 16-man and had a few whipes (rusty). I have to admit, the repair bills are rediculious now. I have two new babies to handle so the fact that I get my 2 nights a week to play is special in itself. I don't have the rest of the week to farm credits and I refuse to use cheats such as spacebots (i can't believe they still haven't blocked them... seriously?) to farm money. I had no problem with the past repair bills but this is nuts. Being a full 63-geared sage, it's close to 14k per death. One screwup here and there and it's roughly 250k per whipe for a 16-man run...

Do you hate the PVE'ers? PVP is already bleh in this game and now you're alienating the PVE'ers on top of it all. Not to mention our East coast PVP server is the lowest pop of all... Thanks.
First-Day GameStop Collector's Edition

yfnoggin's Avatar


yfnoggin
02.15.2013 , 08:37 PM | #643
I don't believe any of the conspiracies, instead I just think this was a poorly though out mistake.

However what I don't understand is why they closed the other two threads which had far less arguing and insult slinging than this one which has been full of hostilities since the first few pages. I'm not even going to get involved in any discussion here any more as all this issue seems to have done is split an already fairly miffed player base, regardless of which side people are on it's devolved into name calling every few posts..
One side calling the other lazy, bad players and stupid, while the other side calls them blind fanboys and no life losers. It's kind of worrying what the state of pugs will be after this regardless of who gets their way.

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.15.2013 , 08:37 PM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
You're right. I can't say that's what they did, I typed it.

Back on topic. Repair costs will no doubt revert
.
Too much caffeine fishy

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.15.2013 , 08:49 PM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by yfnoggin View Post
However what I don't understand is why they closed the other two threads which had far less arguing and insult slinging than this one which has been full of hostilities since the first few pages .
True. It's rather odd they chose this one where people are rude and the fighting basically never stops.

Doesn't change the fact there's quite a lot of people in favor of rolling back the 'fix', me included.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 09:12 PM | #646
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Ok I'll go.

*puts on tin foil hat*

Bioware intentionally raised the cost of armour repairs, as their first attempt, to increase money sinks within the game.
Now that the players have less credits in their galactic wallets. They are unable to purchase valuable Cartel Market items from the GTN. Thus forcing them to buy Cartel Coins and buy their own packs!
EA is perfectly fine with person A buying the pack for real money and posting it to the GTN so person B will buy it with credits. Person A wasn't buying it to open it, he was buying it to get the credits. If he can't get credits for the pack any more, Person A won't buy the pack for RMT either. Person B might... or might not. There's a guarantee of no ADDITIONAL sales and a risk of FEWER sales. Bad theory.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.15.2013 , 09:13 PM | #647
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
EA is perfectly fine with person A buying the pack for real money and posting it to the GTN so person B will buy it with credits. Person A wasn't buying it to open it, he was buying it to get the credits. If he can't get credits for the pack any more, Person A won't buy the pack for RMT either. Person B might... or might not. There's a guarantee of no ADDITIONAL sales and a risk of FEWER sales. Bad theory.
man the banned me for stupid things and you're still here?

Take off your tin-foil hat and your weird nonsense and go home. I'm back and you're wrong about everything you've ever said.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 09:14 PM | #648
Quote: Originally Posted by elvinlordryan View Post
To all the complainers,

You guys have yet again impressed me with you're stupidity. Have any one of you actually played the game at launch? Are you even paid subs?

I am reading hysterical posts about people quitting raiding due to the increased repair costs. Yeah, the repair costs are now about 10k each. However, the cost to repair at the launch of this game was a lot higher. Let's not mention the harder it was to grind credits since the game was brand new. I understand the constant grind of dallies gets old, but unfortunately that is what has to be done. If you want to progress in raiding, well you are going to have to put some extra time into making the money.

This game is attracting more and more of the "entitled" people who believe they should get everything for free. This is quite evident in this forums ranting about a decision that Bioware decided to implement. If this increased repair costs makes you complainers that angered or upset about how this game is being run, then please feel free to cancel your sub. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game. Bioware does not have to give away free stuff. Bioware does not have to produce updates as quickly. Bioware does not have to come up with fun new world events. They simply do not owe you as a customer anything besides making sure the servers are avaliable. To you F2Pers. they owe you absolutely nothing. Playing this game for free does not mean you get the same stuff that $15 a month subs do. Cant hide your head slot? That is what you get for paying not a single dime to play this game.

Please stop complaining about this game. If this game is as bad as many of you say it is, why in the world are you still logging on? There are many useful things to do then to play this game. Learn to view things in a positive way, not a negative way.

Useful tips or corrections are always preferred over "your game sucks."
I'm a paid sub.

The game is really awesome. It's just stupid little garbage like fixing a bug that was never a problem, but the fix is a big problem, that grinds me. So I'm telling EA they did something stupid so they fix it.

Lemme ask ya this, Sir Defender of the EA... how many times between Patch 1.2 and Patch 1.7 did you ever tell to anyone - friend, acquaintence, guildy, forum post, or bug post - that the repair costs were too damn LOW?

Zero?

I thought so.

So then why exactly are you defending a "fix" that fixed nothing but made the game worse for a lot of people? Do you want more people to quit playing?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

DarthVenizen's Avatar


DarthVenizen
02.15.2013 , 09:17 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I'm a paid sub.

The game is really awesome. It's just stupid little garbage like fixing a bug that was never a problem, but the fix is a big problem, that grinds me. So I'm telling EA they did something stupid so they fix it.

Lemme ask ya this, Sir Defender of the EA... how many times between Patch 1.2 and Patch 1.7 did you ever tell to anyone - friend, acquaintence, guildy, forum post, or bug post - that the repair costs were too damn LOW?

Zero?

I thought so.

So then why exactly are you defending a "fix" that fixed nothing but made the game worse for a lot of people? Do you want more people to quit playing?
just because someone doesn't say that they think repair costs are too low, or isn't adamant that they are, doesn't mean that they don't think they are.

In fact if they were to have come to the forums and vocalized their opinions on the forums they would have gotten flamed to hell.

Just because someone didn't think they were too low before, doesn't mean they automatically have an issue with the higher repair costs

Larity's Avatar


Larity
02.15.2013 , 09:17 PM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I'm a paid sub.

The game is really awesome. It's just stupid little garbage like fixing a bug that was never a problem, but the fix is a big problem, that grinds me. So I'm telling EA they did something stupid so they fix it.

Lemme ask ya this, Sir Defender of the EA... how many times between Patch 1.2 and Patch 1.7 did you ever tell to anyone - friend, acquaintence, guildy, forum post, or bug post - that the repair costs were too damn LOW?

Zero?

I thought so.

So then why exactly are you defending a "fix" that fixed nothing but made the game worse for a lot of people? Do you want more people to quit playing?
I've actually said these to my guildies
"Wow, these repair costs are so much better then vindictus"
"At least the repair costs are cheap, kinda too cheap, but whatever"
"maybe they should incrase the repair costs to back before 1.2 so things will go down in price"
"Hey, remember when tank repairs sucked?"
"Credits are too easy in this game, need a new credit sink or a revert to repairs"