Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brittaany_Banks
02.15.2013 , 04:15 PM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
Interesting, it seems that tanks are getting disproportionate increase?

Because from most of the people posting it seems those who are tanks are reporting high increase, those who are other classes not so much. Perhaps there is something that is making heavy armor cost more than light armor?

The only other thing would be that somehow legacy armor is costing more, and that there is truth that a fancier shell is equating to cost, even though there is no performance gain.
I died once during the Darkness on Ilum Heroic 2+. All my gear was 100% prior to the death. After dying and all my equipment going to either 69/80 or 70/80 I was saddld with a 13k repair bill. This is 3x as much as prior to the patch. That is a ridiculous amount and it needs to be lowered.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

AshlaBoga
02.15.2013 , 04:22 PM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaScott View Post

It's sad to see all the people go, hopefully BW can revert this soon.
Is Saturday soon enough? I hear they're fixing it then.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Lostpenguins
02.15.2013 , 04:35 PM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by Alphasgimaone View Post
Pick one? Crafting, profiteering, market trading, or, you know, dailies. With diligence, anyone can make a couple million in a night. That will pay for your raiding for the rest of the week.
I stopped reading here since it started with a lie.

Okay, I picked one - "dailies".

Please let me know how I "can make a couple million in a night" with "diligence" doing dailies.

Basically... you can't. So... we're done here.

RangerJaK
02.15.2013 , 04:39 PM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Is Saturday soon enough? I hear they're fixing it then.
They are doing maintenance tomorrow but where do you see that they said that they are actually fixing this issue? I just looked for a post anywhere on the forums and don't see it.

Jeweledleah
02.15.2013 , 05:03 PM | #605
some of you seem to be under impression that I'm agaist lower repair costs or something. I'm not. on the contrary. I'm always broke. the less I have to do dailies just to afford normal play - the better.

but I'm still not seeing the logic of listening to people who are just complaining to make you feel bad about your work or something. they state that they will not be a customer anymore, they state that nothing bioware can do - will sway them to change their minds. in my world, these are the customers you don't want. in my world these are the people that are a waste of time to listen to. costumers that have concerns but are still customers? those people you should definitely listen to, because you don't want to lose them. people who might potentially become customers? you listen to them too. because new customers are a good thing. but pain in the *** people who just cannot be pleased no matter what you do?
not.
worth.
the bother.

especially when you come in and tell your customers - here's what we're doing to address your concerns, and hear "whatever, still not paying" in return.

there's a huge difference between constructive criticism and petulance. petulance deserves no consideration.

Darqchild
02.15.2013 , 05:08 PM | #606
I work full time and take a couple college class and in my down time I am the main tank for my progression operation group. Almost everything I have is lvl 61+ gear and last night on TFB I was seeing each and every death cost me 9K. At least for me I am lucky to be a Biochem or my costs would go through the roof.

Izorii
02.15.2013 , 05:09 PM | #607
I am sure the out cry for repair bills has been sufficent that they will lower the cost again. Personaly I dont have an issue with higher repair bills but I am sure that BW willl fold to the vocal group who want lower bills, I like to think that someone who dies 30 times in an opp and keeps going back is just asking to have wrecked gear. If you die you did something wrong or are just not good enough if you die 30 times you probably should probably call it a night and stop playing. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" Albert Einstine.

Lostpenguins
02.15.2013 , 05:11 PM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Darqchild View Post
I work full time and take a couple college class and in my down time I am the main tank for my progression operation group. Almost everything I have is lvl 61+ gear and last night on TFB I was seeing each and every death cost me 9K. At least for me I am lucky to be a Biochem or my costs would go through the roof.
I was paying 7k before this change since I was wearing most of my DG shells so your costs are about right. What were you paying before?

Zenephis
02.15.2013 , 05:15 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
I am sure the out cry for repair bills has been sufficent that they will lower the cost again. Personaly I dont have an issue with higher repair bills but I am sure that BW willl fold to the vocal group who want lower bills, I like to think that someone who dies 30 times in an opp and keeps going back is just asking to have wrecked gear. If you die you did something wrong or are just not good enough if you die 30 times you probably should probably call it a night and stop playing. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" Albert Einstine.
Dying 30 times in an ops has nothing to do with sucking. Most guilds are still struggling with Nightmare Kephess. Just the trandoshan phase alone results in wipe after wipe after wipe. This is where some of us are coming in and saying screw that. 200k repair bills for an hour of wipes is too high for me to continue with ops. Nightmare Denova is still difficult.

BJWyler
02.15.2013 , 05:19 PM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by tortcat View Post
Something allowed to exist for more then a year is not a bug but a feature.
So the bugs that are still in the game and have been since beta should not be fixed because they are features now?

Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
Some people play for the social interaction, not for frustration or to be a rat on a treadmill.
Treadmills are what MMOs are all about. It the means to keep people playing (and paying for subs). Even Anet realized that with GW2 and are adding their own version of treadmills and grind.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more