Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kiniski's Avatar


Kiniski
02.15.2013 , 03:54 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Not once. Once per death.



Actually, it is that per death. But thanks for telling me what my experience is. Could you please tell me what my lunch tasted like, too? Or how my drive home from work will be?

As an aside, it's sort of hard to avoid dying in a flashpoint when your DPS face-pulls 3 groups at the same time...

That is another place you are wrong. The threads on repair costs existed, and the community mods were aware of them, starting Tuesday afternoon. They finally posted something today. The cancellations due to this are now high enough that they finally had to say something.
Casual players pay your game. No Life people like you think they have the right of "be" because "i'm uber, and others don't have rights like me" but Equality does not mean justice, you are a "no life" who don't udnerstand why hundred of people are leaving the game after this "fix", included me, and why hundred of dolars not come anymore, and why you going to play another game because this is going to be down if don't do profits, your opinion is a failure in the same moment you despise the others true. I say this because you deserve it.

Edit: The reason why i'm complain is because i love play swtor, and this fix make it bad, so i want return it and have it again, don't want leave, but this forced to leave, before this I enjoy the game, now don't, can you nderstand a simple idea like this?

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 03:57 PM | #592
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiniski View Post
Casual players pay your game. No Life people like you think they have the right of "be" because "i'm uber, and others don't have rights like me" but Equality does not mean justice, you are a "no life" who don't udnerstand why hundred of people are leaving the game after this "fix", included me, and why hundred of dolars not come anymore, and why you going to play another game because this is going to be down if don't do profits, your opinion is a failure in the same moment you despise the others true. I say this because you deserve it.
I think you're replying to the wrong person or I've confused you with my message.

My position is that the repair costs are too damn high, and that between 1.2 and 1.7, no player ever said, "The repair costs are too damn low!" so everyone arguing the "fix" is a good thing is a hypocrite at best.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Soxbadger's Avatar


Soxbadger
02.15.2013 , 03:59 PM | #593
I cant comment on other people, but I have a 31 level character and my repair costs have not substantially increased. For complete disclosure I am wearing mainly light orange armor(I just switched from the red bp to the blue bp you can get on Tatoinne and the only non orange parts are bracer and belt) and it has purple armor mods from Jawa Trade heroic 4.

My repair costs have not dramatically increased. Ive never gotten 1 bill for over 2k, and I wiped a few times when I was jumped by Jedi's in the desert.

Id be interested to see what type of gear someone who has an 8k cost at 29 is getting.

Brittaany_Banks's Avatar


Brittaany_Banks
02.15.2013 , 03:59 PM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Patch 1.2 notes:
Modifiable items now have repair costs based on the level of their base modification.

Patch 1.7 notes:
Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements.


I see no conflict between the 1.2 patch notes and the 1.7 patch notes.

I may be wrong, but I surmise that this is what happened. Patch 1.2 repair costs and vendor prices were SUPPOSED to be based on the item modifications installed. Sometime after 1.2, likely after 1.6, but prior to 1.7, it was discovered that although repair costs were supposed to be calculated based on the item modifications in the item, there was a bug and item values were not being CORRECTLY based on the item modifications. Item values were actually being calculated WITHOUT their item modifications. Patch 1.7 corrected this bug so that the item modifications are now being correctly valued with regards to repair costs and vendor value.
Whichever way you want to slice it the repair costs are WAY too much now. They need to be decreased by at least half.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Kiniski's Avatar


Kiniski
02.15.2013 , 04:00 PM | #595
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I think you're replying to the wrong person or I've confused you with my message.

My position is that the repair costs are too damn high, and that between 1.2 and 1.7, no player ever said, "The repair costs are too damn low!" so everyone arguing the "fix" is a good thing is a hypocrite at best.
sorry, but i'm so mad because i feel I lose something valuable, this game is awesome, and don't want lose it.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
02.15.2013 , 04:01 PM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Ding. Harsh death penalties discourage risk taking. Most players tend to find risk taking fun, especially when it works out, even if it takes a few tries to work.
Dying used to piss me off because I failed. It's the game's way of telling me I'm doing it wrong. I hated dying, but I'd get right back up and try again, a bit differently this time.
Now, I avoid situations that could kill me.
That's not nearly as fun.
Exactly. Lower rep costs have actually led to me dying less (ironically) because I was willing to take more risks and learned through defeat. It is fun that way.

Now I want to go into stealth mode whenever I see a Golden on the horizon.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 04:02 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
I cant comment on other people, but I have a 31 level character and my repair costs have not substantially increased. For complete disclosure I am wearing mainly light orange armor(I just switched from the red bp to the blue bp you can get on Tatoinne and the only non orange parts are bracer and belt) and it has purple armor mods from Jawa Trade heroic 4.

My repair costs have not dramatically increased. Ive never gotten 1 bill for over 2k, and I wiped a few times when I was jumped by Jedi's in the desert.

Id be interested to see what type of gear someone who has an 8k cost at 29 is getting.

Jedi Shadow. Using all of the high legacy level credit-purchased gear from the legacy vendor plus the orange double-bladed saber from the initial kit, plus an orange shield. All mods and such in all orange pieces obtained via flashpoints (ripped from drops) or planetary comms and all no more than 4 levels below mine.

Rest of the gear is blue and level-appropriate.

1/3 of the way through a flash point. Could have been Cademimu? One death, otherwise tanking.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Jamus_Divinus's Avatar


Jamus_Divinus
02.15.2013 , 04:04 PM | #598
220k repair bill for one night's raid with some new guildies learning the ropes.

I can afford it but long term I don't really want to have to do dailies in order to afford Operation content.

Happy it's 'being looked at'. May I suggest they get a fix in asap though.

Sad to see people quit over it.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000 Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:25905 Ships mastered: 20/24

Soxbadger's Avatar


Soxbadger
02.15.2013 , 04:08 PM | #599
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Jedi Shadow. Using all of the high legacy level credit-purchased gear from the legacy vendor plus the orange double-bladed saber from the initial kit, plus an orange shield. All mods and such in all orange pieces obtained via flashpoints (ripped from drops) or planetary comms and all no more than 4 levels below mine.

Rest of the gear is blue and level-appropriate.

1/3 of the way through a flash point. Could have been Cademimu? One death, otherwise tanking.
Interesting, it seems that tanks are getting disproportionate increase?

Because from most of the people posting it seems those who are tanks are reporting high increase, those who are other classes not so much. Perhaps there is something that is making heavy armor cost more than light armor?

The only other thing would be that somehow legacy armor is costing more, and that there is truth that a fancier shell is equating to cost, even though there is no performance gain.

BobaScott's Avatar


BobaScott
02.15.2013 , 04:14 PM | #600
My guild has lost several from the raiding parties over the last week. The MSOD is listing all the open spots whereas before you would have to wait for a spot to open.

I've been enjoying (most of) the gree stuff and my largest bill was after the HM fight the first time - ~12K. I have only done a couple of FPs this week and both times were with other highly geared folks, so no issues with that, thank goodness.

It's sad to see all the people go, hopefully BW can revert this soon.