Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Malastare
02.15.2013 , 01:42 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
27 days left to play the only part of SWTOR that I enjoyed. The General Forums Mini-game. So since I payed for it. Imma gonna use it.
So, you're going to spam your apocalyptic hyperbole in an attempt to upset other people. Great. I guess you weren't nearly as mature as I thought you were. Take note, game companies, if you don't pander to Urael he'll troll your forums.

(eyeroll)

Whatever. I hope you spend the next 27 days finding some way to feel good about yourself. I pity anyone who can't find anything more enjoyable to do, or who gains satisfaction in hurting a community of players simply because they play a game that is made by a company that committed the heinous crime of having different ideas than you.

Urael
02.15.2013 , 01:44 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I fully expect to be reading your posts made Mar 15 and forward.
Well we can put A million game credits on it that you won't. When you loose. Please pay it to TUXs, DScount, DarthTHC and others. Ta.

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 01:47 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
So, you're going to spam your apocalyptic hyperbole in an attempt to upset other people. Great. I guess you weren't nearly as mature as I thought you were. Take note, game companies, if you don't pander to Urael he'll troll your forums.

(eyeroll)

Whatever. I hope you spend the next 27 days finding some way to feel good about yourself. I pity anyone who can't find anything more enjoyable to do, or who gains satisfaction in hurting a community of players simply because they play a game that is made by a company that committed the heinous crime of having different ideas than you.
"Chuckle" Actually Urael is a pretty smart guy with a good sense for what makes an MMO fun not just for his own playstyle but others too. Pretty sure he won't need much help to "feel good about himself".

As I posted earlier, it's sad the game's losing him, even though he and I didn't always agree on stuff.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 01:49 PM | #504
Anyone else amused that they closed the older 5* thread that mainly is against the price increases in favor of the newer 0* thread that has many "fans" arguing in favor of the price increases?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

lordnortamos
02.15.2013 , 01:50 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Well we can put A million game credits on it that you won't. When you loose. Please pay it to TUXs, DScount, DarthTHC and others. Ta.
If he loose what? Loose belt? Loose stool? Loose chair leg?
Favorite Star Wars quotes:
1. Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger right now!!!
2. HK-47: Dammit master I am an assassination droid not a dictionary!

Urael
02.15.2013 , 01:53 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Whatever. I hope you spend the next 27 days finding some way to feel good about yourself.
I have. I just leveled my 8th level 85 toon in WoW and am about to have a second at level 90. I leveled up my fishing on my main to 600 doing the Angler's Dailes ( fun stuff and funny too .. boom goes da fishies ). Finaly hit 600 on letherworking, Tayloring and Engineering. Making money hand over fist. In FOUR great guilds on FOUR great servers ( many of these are former SWTOR players that went back to WoW). So yeah. I have plenty to do for the next 27 days and beyond while waiting for a decent NON-FANTASY MMORPG to appear (The Repopulation) or reappear (SWGEMU in production).

Calibre
02.15.2013 , 01:53 PM | #507
At this point, I couldn't give a rats hiney whether this was a bug fix or a mistake made in the code. I don't like it. I will not play this game until these costs are reduced. If I find I am waiting overly long for a solution, then I'll cancel as fast as I re-subbed.

My guild consists of CoH refugees and we're small in number, having been lured back to this game from elseMMOG (TSW, et al). Therefore, we cannot afford these outrageous credit and time sinks.

Fix it and by that I mean set REASONABLE repair costs. If you guys feel that the costs were too low, fine...up them to a logical level. What you have allowed to go forward is unreasonable and illogical. As an aside, I have to echo what many others are saying: really? with all the bugs you need to fix, you choose THIS one? Bad move.

Fix it or face another cancelled account.

Cal

Radzkie
02.15.2013 , 01:54 PM | #508
Since the other thread got closed and linked to this one, I'll repost:

With such stupid skyhigh repair costs, some of us fully geared players are less willing to help new people learn raids. And oh god, I am never pugging again. Spending days worth of dalies on teaching people who sometimes just don't end up getting it is not worth it. :/

By the way, I'm one of those "hardcore" players who has lots of creds, but I'm just not willing to toss creds away on something I think is outrageous. So this is not about the "rich and the poor", it's about the costs simply being way too high. At least in my opinion.

Vandicus
02.15.2013 , 01:54 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
I'll say this. I'm in full DG gear with full augments. pre-patch it was 7k for a wipe. Now it's 10k. I do think that is a bit much. 7k felt right.

How about that?
Well whether repair costs in general are too high or should exist is another matter up for discussion. I don't personally have any particular favor towards them existing in the first place. If they do exist, I expect them to be uniform in application(which they weren't and which the patch was supposed to have fixed, your price for repair now seems to match the standard for DG out of box light armor repairs).

I am rather numbed to the cost from credit sinks in this game though. IIRC it used to be over 10k for a death in rakata gear, so just about anything feels cheap to me. Skill training(and ignoring non essential skills to boot) used to bankrupt a character while leveling. Now I hit 50 with an extra million credits. I find credit sinks annoying, and would much rather see them removed entirely, excepting the GTN fee, which should eventually allow the economy to reach a permanent credit velocity equilibrium(as its percentage based).

*EDIT

I still maintain that people who are claiming repairs out of line with out of box equivalent repair costs should be trying to narrow down the cause rather than simply demand returning the repair costs to the original non-uniform costs.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

DarthBama
02.15.2013 , 01:56 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by willybot View Post
Investigating? GTN farmers were making too many credits purchasing Cartel Packs and selling it contents at inflated prices. In your unholy fear of inflation you 'corrected' the market by raising repair costs, sort of like a release valve. When anger is sufficient and the head-less chicken you consult for your economy give the right signs, you'll lower back down for a few months and repeat.

It isn't a great mystery Clouseau.
Huh? (Facepalm) Pack sales on the GTN don't create credits in the game, they only transfer them from one person to another.