Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced name change?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Seymour
02.15.2013 , 11:24 AM | #1
I was just wondering...

Recently I had to change the name of the characters I've had on different servers who were named Crist.

I was wondering what, exactly, the cause of this would be. One of the first thoughts that popped into my mind is if someone reported the name as "offensive" and if Customer Service thought it was a shortening of, or a "pun" on Christ. If that's the case, I assure you it is emphatically not. "Crist" is a common name in the United States (Governor of Florida Charlie Crist, Senator Crist, etc.).

Raila
02.15.2013 , 12:50 PM | #2
I'm pretty sure it's against naming rules to use real life people. So a name change would still apply given the reason you cited.
Quitting the game? (or anything for that matter) Check this link before making a post about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGiK-X9-0A

Seymour
02.15.2013 , 01:20 PM | #3
Well, it's a surname- millions of people have the name "Crist", just like "Seymour" . So... I mean you can't have it both ways, if that's the case then I should have to change my characters named "Seymour", too.

Ratae
02.15.2013 , 01:39 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Seymour,

To be honest, there's nothing we can do about this on the forum, but if you want to take it further please feel free to send in a ticket in game and customer support will take a look at it again. I can't promise you a positive response from them, but it's worth a try.

Thanks.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support