2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

Cashprizes

James Bond meats Star Wars?... Yoda movie??.... jabba movie??

/major facepalm

-spy movie really? come on. i really don't think i need to explain why this would be bad for star wars.

-Yoda really, doing any movie on yoda would diminish the mystery of his life even more, But GL has already ruined all of Yoda's wise sayings from Empire in ep. 2. oh and thanks for the **** cartoons. bet the toy sales went up!

-jabba, you people really want to explore this mob boss and his indolence? WHILE speaking Huttese the whole movie? wait i think i know why.... you Fett fan boys just want to see him in the movie!, haha i see what you did there. you sneaky Fett fans.

what i want, what 1,2, and 3 never had, i know that's asking alot. and what 4, 5, 6, had. wouldn't really want to see old characters, maybe a few but only under the right conditions... i.e if their already dead don't bring them back. no poop jokes and talking rabbits, or any other racial stereotypes that was all over the prequels. also i wish they would take their time writing the movies and making them i can wait i don't want to see them come out in one year, oh and try making the movies with NO GREEN SCREEN.

I doubt it will be about any character or story that has already been written, but rather something entirely new that fits the action in the new movies, rather than the existing extended universe.

Of the things listed a re-appearance of Boba Fet seems most unlikely. As far as the movies were concerned, Boba Fet fell into the Sarlacc and that's it. That he survived it and cut himself free out of the belly of the dragon is an EU thing, but I don't think that they really have to succumb to recycling already defeated villains to make up a good story - doing so is actually a pretty cheap trick of the trade.

The most likely thing is that a newly introduced character that only appears briefly in Star Wars 7. Like in the matrix video games that take place between Matrix 2 and 3, Ghost and Niobe were the protaginists.

As to what I wish for - that is hard to say. Not another adventure movie maybe. Something that toys with the concept of the Force and its implication, but maybe is rather a detective movie. Or a drama of a falling knight. Maybe something that is not so heavy with action.

Or it may be the story of a war ship or so (recently seen "Das Boot" and "The Caine Mutiny" again - I like those). Action, but darker and limited to a very confined space....

However, it should have a smaller scope, not this gigantic, galactic spanning plot, but, compared to the actual Star Movies present a "small picture".

Boba Fett is a tremendous hinge character. I mean, without him, Jaina doesn't learn how to fight so Darth Caedus (her brother Jacen) can counter her, which likely means she loses. He has a tremendous impact on the Yuuzhan Vong by leading Mandalore during the invasion. If what you want happens, then the entire EU would likely need to be ejected. Boba Fett, being dead, doesn't challenge Han Solo and allow him to live, so Solo doesn't straighten up and court Leia, the Solo children are not born, end of EU. It really is as simple as that.

Whatever the new movies are, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't stray from established characters. Myself, I would be okay with Hier to the Empire, even though that is extremely unlikely. I would dearly love a focus on Rogue Squandron, particularly the Bacta Wars and Isard, with leading roles for Wedge Antilles and Tycho Clechu, but there won't be enough Force **** for mainstream audiences.

Boba Fett is a tremendous hinge character. I mean, without him, Jaina doesn't learn how to fight so Darth Caedus (her brother Jacen) can counter her, which likely means she loses. He has a tremendous impact on the Yuuzhan Vong by leading Mandalore during the invasion. If what you want happens, then the entire EU would likely need to be ejected. Boba Fett, being dead, doesn't challenge Han Solo and allow him to live, so Solo doesn't straighten up and court Leia, the Solo children are not born, end of EU. It really is as simple as that.

Whatever the new movies are, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't stray from established characters. Myself, I would be okay with Hier to the Empire, even though that is extremely unlikely. I would dearly love a focus on Rogue Squandron, particularly the Bacta Wars and Isard, with leading roles for Wedge Antilles and Tycho Clechu, but there won't be enough Force **** for mainstream audiences.

actually you can bet these movies will NOT be based on the existing EU seeing as Disney has said Episode 7 will not be based on an existing EU story.

It looks like they are relaunching the Post ROTJ EU

I want movie where the lead is NOT a dude. There's plenty of awesome actresses out there that could play just about any role. Though I would prefer a movie that centers on a woman that is a a fallen Jedi and then becomes a Sith Lord. Yes similar to the Exile in KOTOR 2, or just make a movie about her. Even though she did became a Jedi, again.

Harrison Ford has signed on to be Han Solo Again :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-harrison-ford-to-1711961

Also Ewan McGregor thinks he could do a stand alone movie which would rock as I <3 Obi Wan

arlier today, it was reported that Ewan McGregor has also expressed an interest in returning to the franchise.

McGregor, 41, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy, told MTV News that he liked the idea of a film following the Jedi knight in his wilderness years.

He said: "I think it's a good idea.

"The only bit that I could get away with doing is after the last one I made, Episode III, before Alec Guinness, there's that period where he's in the desert.

"That might be my window, there, to tell that story. I don't know what he did in the desert. We could make up some stuff."

Edited by LordRaeth

I want movie where the lead is NOT a dude. There's plenty of awesome actresses out there that could play just about any role. Though I would prefer a movie that centers on a woman that is a a fallen Jedi and then becomes a Sith Lord. Yes similar to the Exile in KOTOR 2, or just make a movie about her. Even though she did became a Jedi, again.

I want a movie where the main character isn't one of the 400-500 out of the trillions in the galaxy that is ZOMG PHAT POWAFORCEZ. I get that the Jedi and Sith are big in Star Wars, but if you ask a random on the street that has ever heard of Star Wars, and to name a character, I promise you the majority will say... Han Solo.

There are a mountain of characters in Star Wars that don't use the Force, and they are ignored or made to appear pitifully incompetent. Boba Fett, the great bounty hunter, decides that the best way to fight a Jedi is to close to melee range with a blaster. Errrrr.

Who could vape Luke Skywalker almost half the time in the simulator? Wedge Antilles, no Force.

A Star Wars movie with a plot not involving Jedi and fallen Jedi would be a welcome departure. How about a rogue working in Black Sun or NRI (New Republic Intelligence)? Havoc Squad or other military units? A bounty hunter?

Harrison Ford has signed on to be Han Solo Again :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-harrison-ford-to-1711961

I wouldn't be so quick to trust the words of 'Umberto Gonzalez of latino-review.com' - seems like a pretty dodgy source. Still, this is a possibility and one I would embrace. IMO he is one of the best actors in the saga.

There are a mountain of characters in Star Wars that don't use the Force, and they are ignored or made to appear pitifully incompetent.

Yeah, those pesky clones in the 501st looked so incompetent. I mean just look at how undisciplined they are marching on the Jedi Temple. Oh wait...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the idea of paying due attention to non-Force users. I mostly play as an Imperial Agent, in fact. But Jedi & Sith are integral to Star Wars.

Sure people know Han Solo, but Darth Vader & Princess Leia, and of course Yoda, are at least as well known.

I'm thinking an Avengers-style story where heroes from the Republic and the Empire come together to face an epic threat, like a Sith with an immense power who's gone rogue. Have engrossing characters, a tight plot and lots of explosions. Instant money maker.

You mean like the invasion of the yuuzhan vong!

Yeah, those pesky clones in the 501st looked so incompetent. I mean just look at how undisciplined they are marching on the Jedi Temple. Oh wait...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the idea of paying due attention to non-Force users. I mostly play as an Imperial Agent, in fact. But Jedi & Sith are integral to Star Wars.

Sure people know Han Solo, but Darth Vader & Princess Leia, and of course Yoda, are at least as well known.

Integral insofar as theirs are the only stories told so far. You are reinforcing my point here. This game is the first one that showed non-Force users being competent., as in, dangerously competent. Jace Malcom takes on Malgus. Malgus is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, so we don't expect Malcom to kill him single-handedly, but we should expect a highly decorated Spacial Forces commander to be tough and resourceful, which is what was portrayed.

A movie showing one of the many non-Force users and their accomplishments would be great, not only to diversify the galaxy but to give people a perspective other than the Force. Even Darth Maul admitted it is foolish to underestimate people with no access to the Force.