Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Berlain
02.15.2013 , 07:33 AM | #1021
[Would Love a UPDATE on this problem since there hasn't been in a long while. And contrary to what they said before this is effecting more than a handful of people, at this rate players will be leaving due to getting pissed off from having to reload the game approx. every 2 hrs of play on a 32 bit system, if they havent already.
Its a Memory LEAK, find and fix the program already.

jsaskia
02.15.2013 , 11:51 AM | #1022
  1. Tomb of Freedom Nadd
  2. Dandeer
  3. From a couple of hours to under one minute after logging in.
  4. Nothing special or repeatable. Happens during space missions, conversations, travelling via speeder but also during normal running around/fighting and such.
  5. DXDiag
    Spoiler
  6. Reliability report
    Spoiler
  7. Crashes are to desktop or alternatively infinite loadscreen.

psikofunkster
02.15.2013 , 01:08 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Berlain View Post
[Would Love a UPDATE on this problem since there hasn't been in a long while. And contrary to what they said before this is effecting more than a handful of people, at this rate players will be leaving due to getting pissed off from having to reload the game approx. every 2 hrs of play on a 32 bit system, if they havent already.
lol can't you see? they cant fix it!

Elopmetot
02.15.2013 , 01:52 PM | #1024
1. Harbringer
2.Elopmetot, havnt tried the rest, been to frustrated tryin my main.
3.crashed within 5 minute of being in game , every time. i figured if i got off my ship it would fix. but it didnt. i got on to the planet alderaan and made it to the sith inquisiter trainer, trained and crashed again.
4. seems to be random.
5.not sure what this is?? if its system, i uses windows 7 lol

Sentient
02.15.2013 , 04:55 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
lol can't you see? they cant fix it!
Strongly Agree

darklordpotter
02.15.2013 , 07:08 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by Berlain View Post
I did infact leave primarily due to this issue.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 07:40 PM | #1027
for 32bit OS use the settings with bcdedit posted earlier it will help the crashes extend past 1-2 hours

jasoneth
02.16.2013 , 01:40 AM | #1028
1. The Harbinger
2. Teodal
3. One-off
4. I left space combat just after starting it
5. DXDiag
Spoiler

6. Reliability report
Spoiler

7. It was a crash to desktop; the following error dialog popped up upon the crash of my client:

Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: S...
R6025
- pure virtual function call
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

OwenBrooks
02.16.2013 , 01:53 AM | #1029
jasoneth

Now this is an identifiable C++ bug point that can be located with the info you just provided, editing and specifying the space mission will make it easier for them as well.

Cthulhooo
02.16.2013 , 05:08 AM | #1030
Bioware if you can't repair your own mistakes or bugs don't deceive people into thinking there is a hope and tell them the fix is not gonna happen, ever. These all poor souls who cling to the idea that "maybe next month" something will change and so on and so on, It's really sad. I myself got sick of waiting for months and solved the issue by buying 4gb ram more and 64 bit system. Solved is quite an exxageration though because the problem still exist but I don't get crash every hour but every 8 hours (****** engine ftw) so that's a progress, on my side... What have you done so far?