Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Malastare
02.15.2013 , 12:56 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Too little too late. It cost you a subscription. Mine. Too little communication. Too much CM Store. Your employers ruined a potentially great Star Wars MMORPG with their unbridled short term greed, lack of communication and out right lies concerning the switch to F2P. Never again EA/ Bioware. Never again!
Fine. Whatever. Good luck.

At what point does this become Spam? How many times do you have to repeat this? I used to respect your posts, but after browsing threads and seeing this multiple times, it just comes off badly. And its not just "I don't find the game fun", it's a statement that implies some sort of personal injury. Except all that happened was that you lost some virtual cash. You're boycotting an entire company because... they adjusted balance in a way that you didn't like... or used a revenue model that you didn't like (but thousands do). If you don't like the game, move on. Stop spamming the forum with your pleas for attention. It just undermines all the intelligent things you've said in the past, and makes the community look even worse.

NogueiraA
02.15.2013 , 12:57 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks,

I just wanted to step in here to let you know that we are actively investigating this and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we're looking into it.
You're late sir, me and my guild already canceled our subscription.

Maybe if you fix 50/100 bugs in this game, MAYBE we will sub again.

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 01:00 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by lordnortamos View Post
And on this day the 15th of February 2013, nothing of value was lost
I wonder if you said the same thing during the spring of 2012 when the game dropped so many subs it sent EA into panic mode, updates stopped being made, and they flipped to RMT for gambling bags for revenue?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

chuixupu
02.15.2013 , 01:05 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
What's there to look into? WAI or not, lots of people are unhappy. In the end, unless you reduce costs you're going to leave a lot of people upset.

Look at Blizzard and D3. There was a point they increased repair costs to a point a lot of people got upset. Was it a bug? No. What did Blizzard do? The lowered the repair costs.
They didn't do it in less than a week either, though. It took them 2 months. A whole patch.

Joveth can't hit any buttons to lower the cost for us, and looking at the past history of things going on in this game, the repairs could in fact be higher than they intended for reasons they weren't aware of.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Urael
02.15.2013 , 01:07 PM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Fine. Whatever. Good luck.

At what point does this become Spam? How many times do you have to repeat this? I used to respect your posts, but after browsing threads and seeing this multiple times, it just comes off badly. And its not just "I don't find the game fun", it's a statement that implies some sort of personal injury. Except all that happened was that you lost some virtual cash. You're boycotting an entire company because... they adjusted balance in a way that you didn't like... or used a revenue model that you didn't like (but thousands do). If you don't like the game, move on. Stop spamming the forum with your pleas for attention. It just undermines all the intelligent things you've said in the past, and makes the community look even worse.
I am boycotting an entire company because of this.

Repair costs and FFA PvP was the final straw.

Add to this the crap that happend with Mass Effect Franchise along with the unfinished KoTOR 2 ( yeah I know it was Obsidien but it had Bioware's backing) and the suckage that was the Dragon Age garbage.

That's it. They get no more of my cash. Others need to know so they don't make the same mistake I made. EA is a crappy company and they drug Bioware down into the slime with them.

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 01:16 PM | #486
I am boycotting an entire company because of this.

Repair costs and FFA PvP was the final straw.

Add to this the crap that happend with Mass Effect Franchise along with the unfinished KoTOR 2 ( yeah I know it was Obsidien but it had Bioware's backing) and the suckage that was the Dragon Age garbage.

That's it. They get no more of my cash. Others need to know so they don't make the same mistake I made. EA is a crappy company and they drug Bioware down into the slime with them.
Sigh. And another player who cared a lot about the game gone.

I hope EA stops giving people reasons for "final straws" soon.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

translucentwolf
02.15.2013 , 01:20 PM | #487
Too little too late. It cost you a subscription. Mine. Too little communication. Too much CM Store. Your employers ruined a potentially great Star Wars MMORPG with their unbridled short term greed, lack of communication and out right lies concerning the switch to F2P. Never again EA/ Bioware. Never again!
I keep seeing these apocalyptic 'you've lost my subscription' posts. And yet... I keep seeing them.

I look forward to seeing you unsub again after the next patch.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

lordnortamos
02.15.2013 , 01:20 PM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
I keep seeing these apocalyptic 'you've lost my subscription' posts. And yet... I keep seeing them.

I look forward to seeing you unsub again after the next patch.
^this
Favorite Star Wars quotes:
1. Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger right now!!!
2. HK-47: Dammit master I am an assassination droid not a dictionary!

Lostpenguins
02.15.2013 , 01:22 PM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
They didn't do it in less than a week either, though. It took them 2 months. A whole patch.

Joveth can't hit any buttons to lower the cost for us, and looking at the past history of things going on in this game, the repairs could in fact be higher than they intended for reasons they weren't aware of.
Yes, but lesson learned by Blizzard and yet EA/BW wants to experience it themselves?

Besides, someone in the CS forums already said the repair costs are WAI. So the only thing left to investigate is "Should BW reduce repair costs or not?"

DarthTHC
02.15.2013 , 01:24 PM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Yes, but lesson learned by Blizzard and yet EA/BW wants to experience it themselves?

Besides, someone in the CS forums already said the repair costs are WAI. So the only thing left to investigate is "Should BW reduce repair costs or not?"
Why would they approach that particular lesson any differently than they approached any other lesson throughout the entire game?