Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/Stuck and repair bills

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glenn_Frank
02.15.2013 , 11:17 AM | #11
If a character has to resort to the /stuck command he or she should NOT incur gear damage. Period.
This is just silly.

Valorian
02.15.2013 , 11:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darknessinme View Post
It would have been nice if you just refunded his 8k in game credits instead of the lame excuse that was given. Just my opinion!

Cheers!
This is how I would have handled it if i new I had a paying customer and they was stuck, times have really changed for the worst me thinks.

DawnAskham
02.15.2013 , 11:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SpartusTana View Post
That's not quite what he meant.

The intended functionality, is that upon death, you take gear damage.
When /stuck cannot move you out of the geometry you're stuck in, the only other solution would be to kill your character and respawn at the med center or area start. People will get stuck. It happens. Sometimes you get unstuck with /stuck, other times it's really tough and you need to respawn to solve it.

-Spartus
The problem listed by the OP is Bioware created, so saying a variant of 'sh*t happens' doesn't make it ok.

1. Bioware launched the game with poor and buggy geometry and collision.
  2. Bioware added a /stuck feature that fails a large number of times and sometimes requires a players death.
  3. Bioware set repair costs at an exorbitant amount, including deaths from /stuck.

Bioware could take a number of actions to address this issue, from improving the geometry and collision in game to improving the /stuck function to reducing or eliminating repair costs associated with /stuck.

That they have done nothing and state this is working as intended is basically telling the players 'eff off, we don't care enough to bother making improvements'.

dekeonus
02.15.2013 , 11:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Elfa,

This is working as intended. However, you may wish to give feedback on the changes to repair costs in General Discussion.
and what the kitten about having your avatar moved between logins? my sage was on the bridge when I logged out. Patch 1.7 comes along. I login and my avatar is embedded in the middle of the holo-terminal. Tough bikkies, No that isn't right.
Fix your kitten attitude! or loose more subscribers.
ERROR: reality.sys not found, universe halted!

arsenalllove
02.15.2013 , 11:56 AM | #15
I got stuck in mid air right after i logged in with my character. I used /stuck but nothing happened, the game just told me to use the quicktravel ability but i cant because im in mid air and you cant cast it while moving

Any suggestions? I really need help.

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 12:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Glenn_Frank View Post
If a character has to resort to the /stuck command he or she should NOT incur gear damage. Period.
This is just silly.
Well I think they included gear damage to avoid travel exploitation with the /stuck command.

I do agree that ships should be air tight in their design. It is a focused area of use rather than a massive world.

My initial argument (The sorta "Tough it out" thing) was directed generally to the game as a whole. It is a massive place to be testing every single rock, tree, wall, etc. As a person in the QA field of games and websites, I can definitely say it is difficult to catch everything. Sometimes it does take a user to find it.

So in conclusion, I understand why gear damage is there. If there were a way to make it so user's don't take damage on their ships with /stuck, that would be great. However, in the game as a whole, I feel that taking gear damage (It is also disclaimed when selecting "Stuck"), is a logical deterrent to travel exploitation as a whole.

Please understand that I am simply taking this from a development and QA point of view. I am a player myself and I do know the frustrations.

-Spartus

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 12:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by arsenalllove View Post
I got stuck in mid air right after i logged in with my character. I used /stuck but nothing happened, the game just told me to use the quicktravel ability but i cant because im in mid air and you cant cast it while moving

Any suggestions? I really need help.
I would submit a ticket. Response is usually quick on simple issues like player moving. (However I could be wrong. It's worth a shot though).

arsenalllove
02.15.2013 , 12:17 PM | #18
I would submit a ticket. Response is usually quick on simple issues like player moving. (However I could be wrong. It's worth a shot though).
Im sorry but im kind of a noob when it comes to these kinda things. How do i submit a ticket?

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 12:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by arsenalllove View Post
Im sorry but im kind of a noob when it comes to these kinda things. How do i submit a ticket?
There's a Question Mark in your menu bar at the top, in game. There is also one on the bottom left of the screen on character select.

You will find a "Submit Ticket" button in that help window. ^_^

-Spartus

arsenalllove
02.15.2013 , 12:24 PM | #20
There's a Question Mark in your menu bar at the top, in game. There is also one on the bottom left of the screen on character select.

You will find a "Submit Ticket" button in that help window. ^_^

-Spartus
Oh ok i found it. Thanks alot man, I really appreciate it.