Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/Stuck and repair bills

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elfa
02.15.2013 , 09:10 AM | #1
I just got stuck Geometry on my own ship, had to use /stuck and ended up with an 8k repair bill.

COME ON BIOWARE!
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 09:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I just got stuck Geometry on my own ship, had to use /stuck and ended up with an 8k repair bill.

COME ON BIOWARE!
It's alright. 8k isn't terrible. This probably happened because /stuck couldn't move you properly. If this happens, I believe it kills you and you incur damage to gear. As a result though, you're unstuck! Hang in there, ok? I know some things are frustrating, but they happen sometimes.

-Spartus

Beesodd
02.15.2013 , 09:22 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Elfa,

This is working as intended. However, you may wish to give feedback on the changes to repair costs in General Discussion.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

chriscshunter
02.15.2013 , 09:50 AM | #4
Getting stuck on faulty geometry and punishing the player for it is as intended?

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 09:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
Getting stuck on faulty geometry and punishing the player for it is as intended?
That's not quite what he meant.

The intended functionality, is that upon death, you take gear damage.
When /stuck cannot move you out of the geometry you're stuck in, the only other solution would be to kill your character and respawn at the med center or area start. People will get stuck. It happens. Sometimes you get unstuck with /stuck, other times it's really tough and you need to respawn to solve it.

-Spartus

ivanhedgehog
02.15.2013 , 09:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SpartusTana View Post
That's not quite what he meant.

The intended functionality, is that upon death, you take gear damage.
When /stuck cannot move you out of the geometry you're stuck in, the only other solution would be to kill your character and respawn at the med center or area start. People will get stuck. It happens. Sometimes you get unstuck with /stuck, other times it's really tough and you need to respawn to solve it.

-Spartus
and they never ever fix the geometry problem

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 09:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
and they never ever fix the geometry problem
Well, you have to understand. It is a large game with many potential areas for getting stuck. It's a difficult thing to QA every piece of geometry. Sometimes it takes players discovering it for a fix to follow. It's a bummer, I know, but it'll happen.

-Spartus

Mercurial_Harpy
02.15.2013 , 10:28 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Elfa,

This is working as intended. However, you may wish to give feedback on the changes to repair costs in General Discussion.
Beesodd, can you please advise what the purpose of giving feedback in the General Forums is if Bioware has no intention to of responding to the concerns outlined in over 600 player posts? I mean, what's the point if we can't even get a gold response on the threads where people are asking for information? Instead, you state here that it's working as intended, and that's the first response we get? Really?

This dramatic changed should have been communicated to the players. It was not. The 2 line patch note did not cover the impact it had on people who play the game. And Bioware's continued silence adds insult to injury.

Frankly I'm disgusted by the way this was handled, so I'm voting with my wallet. I was planning on purchasing extra Cartel packs this month in addition to my sub. Instead I just canceled my subscription. I supported this game through all it's shortcomings since launch. After this, I'm done.
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

Darknessinme
02.15.2013 , 11:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Elfa,

Getting stuck on one's ship due to poor geometry issues is a game error and not a player one. It should not cost an 8k repair bill due to a game mistake. It is fine to say it is working as intended, i.e. repair costs for actual death in game. But a repair cost because you /stuck because of terrain issues and poor geometry issue is ridiculous. I know people could take advantage of the /stuck option to avoid repair cost, so i am not saying it is not a slippery slope, but in the case he made, it was a game mechanic problem. Donít make the customer pay for improper game mechanics. It would have been nice if you just refunded his 8k in game credits instead of the lame excuse that was given. Just my opinion!

Cheers!

Kiniski
02.15.2013 , 11:09 AM | #10
Voted with my wallet also, This is stupid, 8k for stuck... simple fact, they delete my post here about reapair "fixed" rebug expensive issue, so better i delete my money from his wallet, is not fair?

Good Work BioWare/EA, you lose another customer becasue you are incompetent and greedy.