Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem from laptop to computer same ISP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problem from laptop to computer same ISP.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1
So by the title you've probably guessed that I'm having issues after downloading SW:TOR on my new computer. The problem that is happening is that when logging into the game on my computer I will be getting MS up to 7000 even more sometimes but this seems to be the average, however when I am using my laptop the connection is absolutely fine. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can provide or test to get this working because it doesn't seem like it would be a problem with my ISP.

Cheers in Advance.

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 10:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RavenJar View Post
So by the title you've probably guessed that I'm having issues after downloading SW:TOR on my new computer. The problem that is happening is that when logging into the game on my computer I will be getting MS up to 7000 even more sometimes but this seems to be the average, however when I am using my laptop the connection is absolutely fine. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can provide or test to get this working because it doesn't seem like it would be a problem with my ISP.

Cheers in Advance.
If you're working through a router, try switching cables or swapping ethernet ports on it. You may have a dead or dying port on your router.

-Spartus

Beesodd
02.15.2013 , 10:13 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Also, if you still get the issue after SpartusTana's advice, clearing the game's cache may help.

To do so, navigate to the main game directory, and the swtor subfolder.

In there delete the DiskCacheArena file. This will be recreated when the game restarts, and if the issue was related to it, the problem should be resolved.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 10:25 AM | #4
Deleting the DiskCacheArena did not work, as for the ports I am using wireless, though I did not think this would be a problem if the laptop works fine wirelessly. I would try to connect the computer up through a wired connection but I would need a long enough cable as the computer and the router are in two different areas in the house.

Thanks for the quick responses.

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 10:29 AM | #5
Deleting the DiskCacheArena did not work, as for the ports I am using wireless, though I did not think this would be a problem if the laptop works fine wirelessly. I would try to connect the computer up through a wired connection but I would need a long enough cable as the computer and the router are in two different areas in the house.

Thanks for the quick responses.
This could explain your issue then. Try your laptop in the same room as your desktop and see if you're getting the same latency issues. If not, it may be the wireless card in your desktop acting up.

As for ethernet cables. Try monoprice. It's an amazing site to buy cables at. http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 10:32 AM | #6
I did try the laptop in the same room prior to posting, still no latency problems on that. God I hope it's not the wireless card :P.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 11:47 AM | #7
Maybe it is windows 8 and trend AV ?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=555798&page=7

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 12:00 PM | #8
I do have trend micro so this could be the problem, i'll let you know when I can get to the computer again.

RavenJar
02.15.2013 , 12:35 PM | #9
So after I deactivated my AV, the game crashed when it got to the first loading screen of the game, tried the launcher trick to get it working. Reactivated my AV and it still happened.

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 12:37 PM | #10
So after I deactivated my AV, the game crashed when it got to the first loading screen of the game, tried the launcher trick to get it working. Reactivated my AV and it still happened.
Is your laptop on Windows 8 as well?

-Spartus