Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

MaybeEvil
02.14.2013 , 04:52 PM | #31
God I hope none of it ever has anything to do with the storyline travesty that is Force Unleashed.
Unaligned

LordQordisz
02.14.2013 , 05:17 PM | #32
I want to see them all. Remakes, new ones, all SWs all the time!
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

jarjarloves
02.15.2013 , 04:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by AHierophant View Post
Boba Fett is a tremendous hinge character. I mean, without him, Jaina doesn't learn how to fight so Darth Caedus (her brother Jacen) can counter her, which likely means she loses. He has a tremendous impact on the Yuuzhan Vong by leading Mandalore during the invasion. If what you want happens, then the entire EU would likely need to be ejected. Boba Fett, being dead, doesn't challenge Han Solo and allow him to live, so Solo doesn't straighten up and court Leia, the Solo children are not born, end of EU. It really is as simple as that.

Whatever the new movies are, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't stray from established characters. Myself, I would be okay with Hier to the Empire, even though that is extremely unlikely. I would dearly love a focus on Rogue Squandron, particularly the Bacta Wars and Isard, with leading roles for Wedge Antilles and Tycho Clechu, but there won't be enough Force **** for mainstream audiences.
actually you can bet these movies will NOT be based on the existing EU seeing as Disney has said Episode 7 will not be based on an existing EU story.

It looks like they are relaunching the Post ROTJ EU

FumikoM
02.15.2013 , 06:18 AM | #34
I want movie where the lead is NOT a dude. There's plenty of awesome actresses out there that could play just about any role. Though I would prefer a movie that centers on a woman that is a a fallen Jedi and then becomes a Sith Lord. Yes similar to the Exile in KOTOR 2, or just make a movie about her. Even though she did became a Jedi, again.

LordRaeth
02.15.2013 , 11:52 AM | #35
Harrison Ford has signed on to be Han Solo Again

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/s...ord-to-1711961

Also Ewan McGregor thinks he could do a stand alone movie which would rock as I <3 Obi Wan

arlier today, it was reported that Ewan McGregor has also expressed an interest in returning to the franchise.

McGregor, 41, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy, told MTV News that he liked the idea of a film following the Jedi knight in his wilderness years.

He said: "I think it's a good idea.

"The only bit that I could get away with doing is after the last one I made, Episode III, before Alec Guinness, there's that period where he's in the desert.

"That might be my window, there, to tell that story. I don't know what he did in the desert. We could make up some stuff."

AHierophant
02.15.2013 , 01:02 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by FumikoM View Post
I want movie where the lead is NOT a dude. There's plenty of awesome actresses out there that could play just about any role. Though I would prefer a movie that centers on a woman that is a a fallen Jedi and then becomes a Sith Lord. Yes similar to the Exile in KOTOR 2, or just make a movie about her. Even though she did became a Jedi, again.
I want a movie where the main character isn't one of the 400-500 out of the trillions in the galaxy that is ZOMG PHAT POWAFORCEZ. I get that the Jedi and Sith are big in Star Wars, but if you ask a random on the street that has ever heard of Star Wars, and to name a character, I promise you the majority will say... Han Solo.

There are a mountain of characters in Star Wars that don't use the Force, and they are ignored or made to appear pitifully incompetent. Boba Fett, the great bounty hunter, decides that the best way to fight a Jedi is to close to melee range with a blaster. Errrrr.

Who could vape Luke Skywalker almost half the time in the simulator? Wedge Antilles, no Force.

A Star Wars movie with a plot not involving Jedi and fallen Jedi would be a welcome departure. How about a rogue working in Black Sun or NRI (New Republic Intelligence)? Havoc Squad or other military units? A bounty hunter?
Looking to rer-roll from your graveyard to a healthy PvE-East Server?

Try Juyo!

Beniboybling
02.15.2013 , 01:23 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaeth View Post
Harrison Ford has signed on to be Han Solo Again

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/s...ord-to-1711961
I wouldn't be so quick to trust the words of 'Umberto Gonzalez of latino-review.com' - seems like a pretty dodgy source. Still, this is a possibility and one I would embrace. IMO he is one of the best actors in the saga.

jarjarloves
02.15.2013 , 05:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to trust the words of 'Umberto Gonzalez of latino-review.com' - seems like a pretty dodgy source. Still, this is a possibility and one I would embrace. IMO he is one of the best actors in the saga.
it's confirmed he's signed on for 3 movies

Xeta
02.15.2013 , 06:24 PM | #39
I only hope that Han, Luke, and Leia aren't major characters. They can be mentor figures, but Disney should introduce a new heroine and hero to go on more adventures.
Xeta - Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Assassin, Rancor Handler, etc.
Formerly Flurry (SWG), currently Begeren Colony

<Twin Sun Mercenaries>

Beniboybling
02.15.2013 , 06:43 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
it's confirmed he's signed on for 3 movies
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only proof that this is the case is the word of 'Latino Review'. It could be a rumour. I'm open to it being true but as of yet I'm pretty sure their has been no official confirmation.