Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot connect w/ security key

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot connect w/ security key
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jasonthelamb
02.15.2013 , 12:21 AM | #1
I cannot connect to the launcher with my password / security key, tried it 10 times in a row now, keep getting that is' incorrect.

DetourK
02.15.2013 , 12:24 AM | #2
I keep getting the same problem as well. Enter the password and security key and it says it's incorrect. Pretty sure I'm not crazy since I used it earlier tonight and it was fine...yippee

Beruthien
02.15.2013 , 12:35 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings jasonthelamb and DetourK,

In this case please contact our phone support as it is most likely that the security key would need to be temporarily removed from the account.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

TangledDruid
02.15.2013 , 03:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings jasonthelamb and DetourK,

In this case please contact our phone support as it is most likely that the security key would need to be temporarily removed from the account.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Bull.

There are many of us with this problem.

Get your toll free number back.
Add a method to manage security keys.

Correct the time sync problem so the apps work again!

Klemtosh
02.15.2013 , 06:30 AM | #5
My friend, in-game from Holland, got the same problem. Both he and all of us are realy pissed in this matter.
It started last night during a nice and smooth raid. He´s getting kicked out of the game, and can´t relogg back into the game no matter how many tries he´s making, all tries ending up with "wrong code". The fact that a security key just... stops working, is funny in my opinion, it´s suppose to be secure, and of course, work.
He did call the phone service - sitting in a queue for half an hour. Then this girl picks up the phone and they are trying to work it out. She´s asking for account details and he gives it to her. All ending up with her saying "sorry but you´re not in our system" and hangs up on him. He thinks that his "crappy" english is making it hard to explain the problem properly and spelling it properly, and for this matter a english person, who speaks it fluent, should absolutly take things slow and easy and work it with a sence of educational style. But no. She hangs up.
This is truly a huge problem. I´ve seen a lot of russian people got the same "Code not working" problem.
My friend can´t even log onto swtor.com, wich makes him unable to take any further contact AT ALL, except for the phone service. And when someone hangs up on you. How many would like to call back again? When we are talking about expensive international calls?
Now we dont wanna hear that we got a negative attitude, or whatever. This is a big problem for a lot of people. That you have to fix because no one else can. Please respond with a solution, and we rather not hear "use the phone service", but other options for deleting the security key, so it´s possible to make a new merge of it and get it to work.
Or if there is a problem with the app, contain it and make it work for your custumers sake.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Dear regards, Dark Mátter - Tomb of Freedon Nadd.
Author, Barzul

Beesodd
02.15.2013 , 06:40 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

I just want to clarify that we're well aware that there's an issue here, and we are working to fix it, but unfortunately in the meantime the way to get it resolved is to use the method mentioned by my colleague above.

Klemtosh, can you post up a charactername for you friend(I take it that the server is ToFN?)

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Beyhonder
02.15.2013 , 07:42 AM | #7
Just to say my friend have the same problem and he told me to write this message to you guys to take out his security key from the acount .

He cannot phone you guys because he dont have money for it

His nickname "knesos" server tomb of freedom nadd .

Please make this quick for him and dont say he need to phone you guys you just can read this and make the work without the waiting hours of the international phone calls.

Thanks for all
Beyhonder

Klemtosh
02.15.2013 , 07:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi all,

I just want to clarify that we're well aware that there's an issue here, and we are working to fix it, but unfortunately in the meantime the way to get it resolved is to use the method mentioned by my colleague above.

Klemtosh, can you post up a charactername for you friend(I take it that the server is ToFN?)

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for the fast respond Beesodd.

Yes the server is indeed ToFN, the most played character of his is Rattchir.
If you would need any other, more crucial, information please PM me*. Im in a steady contact with my friend through Team Speak and he is awaiting further instructions.
*His email, etc or maybe even details for the TS server for a personal chat with him, I dont know.

Cheers, Klemtosh

Klemtosh
02.15.2013 , 08:07 AM | #9
My friend wanted me to repost what I just wrote, without the quote, just because he cant see it himself.

"Thank you for the fast respond Beesodd.

Yes the server is indeed ToFN, the most played character of his is Rattchir.
If you would need any other, more crucial, information please PM me*. Im in a steady contact with my friend through Team Speak and he is awaiting further instructions.
*His email, etc or maybe even details for the TS server for a personal chat with him, I dont know.

Cheers, Klemtosh"

Beesodd
02.15.2013 , 08:15 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Sorry if I mislead you guys, I can't remove or add the keys through the forum. I am gathering information for putting a fix through, and to make sure that was have information for situations such as what you described. Can I ask roughly when Rattchir called?

As for getting this resolved, the keys will tend to cycle back to working before too long. I'm well aware that this isn't ideal,and is very vague, and other than this the method to have the key removed is to call as before(note that you can use VOIP to save money).
Thanks for the detail and sorry that I can't do more on this from here.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support