Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems installing patch 1.7.0a

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems installing patch 1.7.0a
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
02.14.2013 , 11:57 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLordUchiha View Post
I did the steps you said but another error came up: "Only one instance of this application can run". This is getting ridiculous. im trying to be patient but im getting really close to just scrapping the game and asking for a refund on my subscription. Ive barely used 5 days on it and now my days are just ticking away and i cant play. If i cant get a fix tonight, I want to know who to contact for a refund. Ive lost 3 valuable days that i paid for when I should've been enjoying the game on those days.
Create a new windows user account and the game will likely install correctly. Something in your current profile is causing an issue. This will confirm it one way or the other.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...d-user-profile

OwenBrooks
02.14.2013 , 11:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by mayo View Post
I just deleted my swtor folder and copied and pasting the folder over from one of my computers that had no issue with the update.
I will post if it works or not.

Also... I recently started using SWTOR Unleashed
Anyone else having this problem installing updates using SWTOR Unleashed.?
Yes you need to click remove (will go look) or something like that, you cannot patch with unleashed installed as the paths are incorrect and patching will fail.

Here is what you need "Launch SWTOR Unleashed then press "Remove and quit"." You will need to do this each time you patch as unleashed changes the default paths to utilize a ram drive.

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 12:20 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Protosludge View Post
I was having the same problems, i tried running at as an administrator but it came up with "certificate authentication failed, please contact customer service". At first i tried running in it safe mode, reinstalling the patcher, fixing the patcher, deleting the patch folder and the patcher.version file. Still nothing, keeps downloading the same stuff and keeps trying to repair it. Once it gets to the install process it gets to anywhere from 13% to 68% and it will freeze. I will fix the patcher again, restart it and it tries to install assets 100 but it gets stuck at 0%. Again i've tried safemode (with networking of course), running it as an admin doesn't work. And i was reading online that it had something to do with CDN giving us corrupted files thats screwing over our patching. I literally subbed yesterday and now i cant freaking play the game. I even deleted the game folder, reinstalled it, and now it wont even get past installing English Video 1!!!!! Such a tease! Just someone do something about this, its so unfair!!!!! And it sucks cause this game is losing a **** ton of customers because of something they refuse to believe is on their end. *********** CDN giving us corrupted files.

Heres the log anyways but i've tried every option that was givin on this forum.

Spoiler
Few months ago some had certificate authentication issues , this was due to the windows updates for certificates not being complete for some reason on their computers, but your log is not showing that error that I can see yet you say you received it.

Artuer
02.15.2013 , 03:58 AM | #34
I am also having the same issues trying to to patch the game. It tries to download Main Assets 103 and gets stuck at 57% everytime. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game client, folder, and run it as an admin, and in safe mode. Alas nothing is working.

I understand a new version is being released today, Friday the 15th, hopefully that will fix it. Thanks.

Spoiler
Argue with an idiot, you must never do. Drag you down to their level, they will. Beat you with Experiance, they shall. Mmmmm, yes.

-Jedi Master Yoda-

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 04:06 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Artuer View Post
I am also having the same issues trying to to patch the game. It tries to download Main Assets 103 and gets stuck at 57% everytime. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game client, folder, and run it as an admin, and in safe mode. Alas nothing is working.

I understand a new version is being released today, Friday the 15th, hopefully that will fix it. Thanks.

Spoiler
have you downloaded the setup from www.swtor.com/download and run over the existing setup ?

Artuer
02.15.2013 , 05:39 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
have you downloaded the setup from www.swtor.com/download and run over the existing setup ?
Yes I have even tried that as well, and it does the same thing. It gets stuck at Main assets 103 at 57%
Argue with an idiot, you must never do. Drag you down to their level, they will. Beat you with Experiance, they shall. Mmmmm, yes.

-Jedi Master Yoda-

OwenBrooks
02.15.2013 , 05:45 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Artuer View Post
Yes I have even tried that as well, and it does the same thing. It gets stuck at Main assets 103 at 57%
This should usually fix it, have you run a chkdsk c: /f
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Loknido,

Please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the setup over the current installation. After this please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files in the client installation folder and sub-folders:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then run the Fixlauncher.exe found in the client installation folder.

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and check if you are able get the launcher to start patching.

Please come back to us with your Launcher log if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!

ScopeInfiltrator
02.15.2013 , 06:35 AM | #38
Ugh still cant play this game, keeps Freezing at 63% "patch 102 Installing"

Guess my time in Swtor is over *sigh*
Imperials FTW
Teld'eb = Imperial Agent/Sniper
Veld'is = Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer
Colerk = Smuggler/Gun Slinger

Artuer
02.15.2013 , 08:16 AM | #39
Hello,

I did what was recommended in the above last two posts and to no avail did it fix my problem. It still locks up on Main Assets 103 at 57%

The following is my log as requested and with hope someone can let me know how to remedy this problem.
Spoiler

-Jedi Master Yoda-

galadimana
02.15.2013 , 08:56 AM | #40
I had the same problem last night. I'm hoping today's patch fixes it. If not, I'll try the steps outlined.
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.