Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MDN players on Bastion/Harbinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
MDN players on Bastion/Harbinger

Dacce
02.11.2013 , 04:54 PM | #71
I have a 43 Vanguard on The Harbinger.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

iheartnyc
02.11.2013 , 07:47 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Weeeeee View Post
Yeah i hit 50 and realised that the lag plays a huge factor when playing ranked and intense 50s pvp. So ill be staying on APAC unless i hit the utmost of boredom.
I get that lag is a big factor in competitive E-sport, but in my honest opinion, SWTOR has never been and will never be a competitive enough game where "reasonable" levels of lag will make a "huge" difference. I get about 154 ping (which is actually better than what I got on the APAC servers, where I had 180ish), and most of the guys I talk to from <The Elite> get around 170-200.

On POT5 (which is East Coast) I had ping of around 225, so West Coast server was easy choice for me. Haven't tried a European server but then I don't want to play with a bunch of Europeans :P

And let's be honest...we all managed to play the game just fine on Swiftsure or whatever origin server we came from before APAC servers, so not sure why all of a sudden the game is "unplayable" anywhere other than APAC

Jumpchan
02.12.2013 , 12:01 AM | #73
unplayable isnt the problem... giving up on what youve already done and settling for a worse playing experience for a better game experience

its quite simply ****.

ps lag adds false cooldowns which adds rage, which adds stress, which demotivates playing, therefore most people who try to reoll give up before lvl 20... also leads to the darkside
Jump
/avoid

Yndras
02.14.2013 , 04:02 PM | #74
Correct me if im wrong but,

Isnt the prime aussie time like 3 or 4am in the morning on those servers? If not that exact time pretty close to it. And if that is the case, the only good time for pvp on those servers would be in the middle of the day or early morning when most APAC people are at work.

So, using the above information that would make the population worse than MD.

So now your on a server with high latency, high population during the day and a virtual ghost town durning the middle of the night when its your primetime.

How is that better?
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Scorpiooooo
02.14.2013 , 06:20 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
Correct me if im wrong but,

Isnt the prime aussie time like 3 or 4am in the morning on those servers? If not that exact time pretty close to it. And if that is the case, the only good time for pvp on those servers would be in the middle of the day or early morning when most APAC people are at work.

So, using the above information that would make the population worse than MD.

So now your on a server with high latency, high population during the day and a virtual ghost town durning the middle of the night when its your primetime.

How is that better?
I suggest you actually play on The Harbinger during Aussie peak hours insted of just making stuff up.
I play on Harbinger after work, and it's the complete opposite of Ghost Town. Always multiple instances of fleet, planets, always get warzone and HM FP pop. True it's better to play during their peak for more consistant echelon of players, but I can do that on the weekends.

Since the start of 1.7 - when I get home and go to Ilum, there has been up to 16 instances running. And this is during Aussie peak time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Jumpchan
02.14.2013 , 07:38 PM | #76
They are 7 hours ahead and there is never less then 100 people on the fleet even at 5am in the morning for them. Pvp wi always pop onproblem is it will be hard to get anything butt pug raids as you won't be able to raid normal times if you work.
Jump
/avoid

GHoppa
02.14.2013 , 10:31 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post

Correct me if im wrong but ...
You are incorrect.

Bastion isn't quite as busy as Harbringer as Scorpio mentioned, but its still packed. Bastion's off peak is still 2 instances of the fleet until really late for us. It does drop down to 1 fleet though once it gets really late for us Aussies. However there is normally around 200 on the fleet anyway.

Normal pvp pops never stop, and last time we did rated pvp, it was from about 9pm to 11pm our time, and we got 5 or 6 games in.

As for what jumpsuit says, well it all boils down to your personal preferences really. He places a 'playing expereince/ping issue' over a 'gaming expereince'. I think he has it backwards, but he is entitled to his opinion and choses to play where he finds the most enjoyment.

I really don't find the ping that bad, and if you play just about any other MMO out there, it will be the same or worse than US swtor servers. We all played just fine on swiftsure as mentioned, i think people have just been spoilt.

All that aside, even with the occasional fake GCD, the gaming experience i get from the US servers far outwieghs any negatives. A thriving GTN, where just about anything is for sale, and people acutally buy stuff, and things aren't ridculously expensive. 24 hour pvp pops in lowbies and 50's, rateds every day, both organized and pug, with a huge variety of competition (especially compared to MDN). Group finder pops, lots of raiding guilds, and most importantly, actual real people to level up with on lowbie planets, sometimes with 3 or 4 instances of the most popular planets.

There is also a strong oceanic presence in other guilds, so organized raiding at our prime time is not completely off the table.

Moving servers was the best thing i did, it revived the game for me and got me interested again. If things are getting old playing against the same players all the time, or just feeling stale in general, i suggest you give Harbringer or Bastion a go with an open mind.

Imo the 'playing' experience doesn't matter if the 'game' experience is rubbish. But each to their own.

Scorpiooooo
02.14.2013 , 10:36 PM | #78
^ This
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

iheartnyc
02.14.2013 , 11:03 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
You are incorrect.

Bastion isn't quite as busy as Harbringer as Scorpio mentioned, but its still packed. Bastion's off peak is still 2 instances of the fleet until really late for us. It does drop down to 1 fleet though once it gets really late for us Aussies. However there is normally around 200 on the fleet anyway.

Normal pvp pops never stop, and last time we did rated pvp, it was from about 9pm to 11pm our time, and we got 5 or 6 games in.

As for what jumpsuit says, well it all boils down to your personal preferences really. He places a 'playing expereince/ping issue' over a 'gaming expereince'. I think he has it backwards, but he is entitled to his opinion and choses to play where he finds the most enjoyment.

I really don't find the ping that bad, and if you play just about any other MMO out there, it will be the same or worse than US swtor servers. We all played just fine on swiftsure as mentioned, i think people have just been spoilt.

All that aside, even with the occasional fake GCD, the gaming experience i get from the US servers far outwieghs any negatives. A thriving GTN, where just about anything is for sale, and people acutally buy stuff, and things aren't ridculously expensive. 24 hour pvp pops in lowbies and 50's, rateds every day, both organized and pug, with a huge variety of competition (especially compared to MDN). Group finder pops, lots of raiding guilds, and most importantly, actual real people to level up with on lowbie planets, sometimes with 3 or 4 instances of the most popular planets.

There is also a strong oceanic presence in other guilds, so organized raiding at our prime time is not completely off the table.

Moving servers was the best thing i did, it revived the game for me and got me interested again. If things are getting old playing against the same players all the time, or just feeling stale in general, i suggest you give Harbringer or Bastion a go with an open mind.

Imo the 'playing' experience doesn't matter if the 'game' experience is rubbish. But each to their own.
Exactly. Also, meeting new people does add new motivation to level again, making the process a lot less painful than I could imagine. And I changed factions, which was a breath of fresh air. I rerolled on Bation abotu a week ago and I'm almost level 40 after casually playing for a week (and liberal use of the cartel and legacy XP boosts).

Also, your legacy unlocks carry over across servers.

krakl
02.15.2013 , 08:32 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
That's the thing. Sometimes I'm 50/50 as to whether I'd prefer the Aussie servers to be consolidated to a single server, or for BioWare to write this all off as a failed experiment and ship us back to the US servers.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ping on the Aussie servers, but even with a single Aussie server we're not going to match the pops and diversity of The Harbinger/The Bastion.
GM of <Midian> - The Harbinger
Dragonovic Endorra
La'Bella BillyTheTank