Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jaxo and Objective: A-77 *spoiler*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jaxo and Objective: A-77 *spoiler*

dewayne
02.14.2013 , 06:47 PM | #71
i had no problem yea my female trooper was good buds with jaxo. but she one spec force soldier. there 300 more soldiers on that station no brainer. sides you might 20 spec forces out that 300. yes jaxo was a good character and soldier but you signed on to do a job. sometimes you have to make rotten calls. but the harder choice was on coreilla

and tavus rebelling against the republic for abandioning them was a stupid reason. treason is still treason you dont like it fine quit or go public bout it. but in my book he took the coward way out
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Sepyuff
03.04.2013 , 12:36 AM | #72
M1-4X has the answer.

Helig
03.04.2013 , 01:32 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TarikGur View Post
Spoiler
It's Dark Side because
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by dewayne View Post
sometimes you have to make rotten calls. but the harder choice was on coreilla
How come? Slapping the Chancellor down is pretty much the obvious decision.
Spoiler
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ThatGnome
03.04.2013 , 05:01 AM | #74
My Vanguard was on the mission with his current girlfriend, and disposing of the woman who he'd been previously involved with and could point out his infidelities was not against his interests. Light Side points was just an unfortunate side effect.

Grimoir
03.04.2013 , 02:49 PM | #75
You call this a tough choice? How about having to decide between"

A] Curing a deadly disease
*and*
B] Saving a lot of important individuals(unsure of the exact number)

Spoiler

Yeah, the trooper storyline sucked because it didn't really give you any meaningful choices. This one is a no-brainer. You either be utterly selfish and unreasonable, which fits the way that certain people want to play their troopers, or you do the 'right,' selfless thing and protect innocent lives.
~The Jykoor Legacy of The Bastion(PvP)~
Anasė - Terminal Velocity[Hybrid] Powertech - Level: 55
Jerīcho - Tactics Vanguard - Level: 55

drug_cartel
03.06.2013 , 05:13 AM | #76
Has anybody done this mission with Vik as their companion? I had him in the middle of a 3 hour Underworld Trading mission so I couldn't toggle him in, but I was curious his reaction since generally speaking he approves of Dark Side choices.

Spoiler

That being said, my decision isn't going to be made based upon Light/Dark side, but rather the morale in my unit. So if any of my men at all will support my decision, then I'm going to go ahead with it.

captaincr
03.06.2013 , 03:12 PM | #77
the decision in the end dosen't really make a difference to the end game which is too bad, it punches you in the gut and goes nowhere what yould have been nice though

Spoiler

drug_cartel
03.11.2013 , 04:04 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrious View Post
You arent some random person given this question. You are an officer of the republic, entrusted by the citizens of the republic and their elected representatives to protect themselves and their self-interests as best as you are capable.

As an officer in the military you must remain impartial, as hard as it may be sometimes. You must save grief for later, dramatic "NOOOOO's!" for when you arent getting shot at, etc. etc.

In this situation, the answer is obvious.

Spoiler

I feel pretty much the opposite of this. I am an officer in the Republic Military. I am not a Senator or Governor; I am a Major. I have zero authority over civilians; I cannot simply walk into a cantina and start ordering non-soldiers around. Along with that, I have zero responsability for civilians, except when otherwise ordered by my Commanding Officer. My duty is not to make people happy; my duty is to win a war.

Spoiler

So in A-77,,,

Spoiler

As for some sort of inherant worth question, I believe you're entirely off base.

Spoiler

It's a question of value, not quantity. And the quality of the soldier being saved plays a factor. We don't just need warm bodies walking around on a field; we need real soldiers capable of making a difference in this war.

Zalekanzer
03.11.2013 , 10:35 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by drug_cartel View Post
I feel pretty much the opposite of this. I am an officer in the Republic Military. I am not a Senator or Governor; I am a Major. I have zero authority over civilians; I cannot simply walk into a cantina and start ordering non-soldiers around. Along with that, I have zero responsability for civilians, except when otherwise ordered by my Commanding Officer. My duty is not to make people happy; my duty is to win a war.

Spoiler

So in A-77,,,

Spoiler

As for some sort of inherant worth question, I believe you're entirely off base.

Spoiler

It's a question of value, not quantity. And the quality of the soldier being saved plays a factor. We don't just need warm bodies walking around on a field; we need real soldiers capable of making a difference in this war.
Well yeah, except
Spoiler
So enjoy your worthless dark-side points, I guess.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Lesaberisa
03.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #80
TLDR: I don't buy the argument that saving Jaxo is the correct 'military' choice because it's based on making stuff up about the prisoners and exaggerating the effect a single SpecOps soldier might have on the war as a whole compared with the prisoners. Picking Jaxo is about making an emotional/personal decision to favor your comrade/friend/lover/whatever over your duty (It's not what I did in game but I definitely sympathize with it, and while I probably wouldn't have chosen her even if I were actually in that situation, it would have scarred me quite a bit).

Spoiler tags since other people are, I guess (although it's a spoiler topic so...)

Spoiler

As for the actual decision...

I was somewhat bothered by the choice when it first came up, but the begging to leave the other prisoners behind soured me pretty quickly (I can't imagine any of the squad doing the same), and I guess I lack the extra emotional oomph of having her sleep with my trooper since I was playing a female trooper. I felt bad, for sure (and recommended her for a medal, while not mentioning how she was acting at the end), but it was an emotional gutpunch rather than a particularly difficult decision.