Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did repair cost just go up?

Never_Hesitate
02.14.2013 , 10:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Cost was higher before and we had more tanks back then. Outside of most flashpoints without tanks there is no endgame content.

BioWare releases good, challenging, regular progressive content and repair cost will have nothing to do with the number of tanks. Tanks will be there because without all three; tanks, healers and dps, there is no way to do progressive content.
The guilds will have their tanks, that's out of question.

I was talking about random group finder. There weren't a lot of tank before and I don't think more people are going to list randomly.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

AshlaBoga
02.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #22
Somethings funky: my repair costs went from 4.3k -> 5.4k. I'm in about 80%DG, 20% campaign.

Other people? Had their repair costs triple. Why the gap?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

mikebevo
02.14.2013 , 11:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Other people? Had their repair costs triple. Why the gap?
Wipes and amount of damage taken.

The first night I did the Gree dailies on my sawbones including the heroic (all solo), used defensive cooldowns and CCs and my repair cost was 179 credit.

Last night I did the same dailies on her solo, without using defensive cooldowns or CC's, my repair cost was over 5,000 credits. I was also attacking more elites. First night I stuck with easy kills because I did not know if there were stealth spawns or not.

Now in operations I did HM TfB on my dps, her repair bills were over 100K, but it involved some new players and people playing alts in different roles and we had a few wipes.

ipagex
02.14.2013 , 11:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
The are not high again, they are higher, but not at the level they were originally,

It was a error, they just fixed the error. We should face it, before they fixed this error there was really no penalty for dying, other than you had to do whatever killed you over again. I was more than willing to stealth my way to a chest solo after a comm run in EV. I would do CtS or EoT solo on any character with stealth. Even when people were looking for healers just because I wanted the loot/credits or didn't want to deal with a PUG. Less likely to do that now.

We should be just be thankful that they took their time fixing this error too. Pretty much made progressing though HM EC, HM TFB and most of NIM EC very painless. Now they just need to up the credits in EC to the same level as TfB.
Are you serious? Repairing 61/63 gear set should not cost more than you would get for selling it at the NPC. I got a feeling right now it does.

From the POV of someone that isn't as rich (in-game) as some of you people out there, this change is really messing with my funds. Half( if only that) of what i make from dailies will go to repairs now, a thing... sucky to say the least.

I'm sorry, but fixing something that no one was complaining about and that no one knew was bugged seems rather ... useless.

Why not fix the INSPECT bug?!
Why not fix the bug where you need to confirm several times for taking out a mod out of your item?!
And i'm sure the list goes on with bugs that actually affect our game play in a negative way.

mikebevo
02.14.2013 , 12:09 PM | #25
So you are saying you want easy mode with no consequences to death? Maybe BioWare should just sell Godmode code on the Cartel Market.

ipagex
02.14.2013 , 12:13 PM | #26
I was paying 30-40k before and that was enough consequence for me.

Kiniski
02.14.2013 , 02:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
I am very casual player and jump in as time allows. Have never enjoyed "grinding" and while I am content to work for things that I want in game I don't want to be forced to grind in order to even play. The fact that this thread alone is 28 pages long without a single gold response speaks loudly. Not a "we are looking into it" or "we will roll it back" or "sorry, deal with it". Nothing. Bugs all about the game, people posting hundreds of threads asking for fixes yet this supposed bug is addressed, why? Is there one single thread started in the forums saying "Please raise the cost of repairs", I rather doubt it. This kills the community, people need to post screen shots of players shouting for groups "experienced players only" I'm sure it's happening already. Repeatedly dropping pve quests in or right next to pvp zones. Space still largely ignored. Players still largely ignored.

I want to enjoy this game and at times I have. I've hung in there but decisions like this make me think of an old joke.

First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop

Think its time to stop hitting my head against the wall. Take care all.
From other forum,

This is it, and Why in a PvE server they want more people in pvp? this is stupid.

MikeAWBD
02.14.2013 , 05:59 PM | #28
Do you people actually believe this was a bug? That's just their way of raising the cost without catching too much flak for it. My guess is that they feel there is too much money floating around with inflated prices of some things on the GTN. They're just trying to cause deflation. Other than that I see no reason for them to raise repair costs. Doesn't bother me much because we use guild funds for repairs on ops and I don't die much otherwise.
Fosmeros(Watchman Sentinel): Level 50: Valor: 65
Shukur(Shield Vanguard): Level: 50 Valor: 76
Evlogia(Infiltration Shadow): Level 50 Valor: 50
"Do or do not, there is no try"

AureusVidere
02.14.2013 , 06:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeAWBD View Post
Do you people actually believe this was a bug? That's just their way of raising the cost without catching too much flak for it. My guess is that they feel there is too much money floating around with inflated prices of some things on the GTN. They're just trying to cause deflation. Other than that I see no reason for them to raise repair costs. Doesn't bother me much because we use guild funds for repairs on ops and I don't die much otherwise.
I don't think this is the whole story, on either side, but rather somewhere between the two. The penalty for death had become a joke, and repair costs had been reduced too far for their tastes. Costs are now considerably higher, but not as high as they had been in the past. It looks to me like they are trying to find a middle ground.

I think this whole issue would be solved by tapering the costs off at the higher end, the cost should not be hitting 100k for a single repair bill. I think they should also *strongly* consider reducing the amount of damage gear takes through normal wear and tear (i.e. when you aren't dying).

SupremeLegate
02.14.2013 , 07:49 PM | #30
I can't say that I have noticed any kind of increase in repair cost, even on my melee characters who naturally take more damage. I'd say most of my repair bills are between 4,000 and 8,000, at most 10,000. Of course I don't really care all that much about repair cost and therefore don't pay them that much attention.