Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 03:30 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Indeed.
Ugh. If that means what I think it means, the game just lost a good one.

Edit:

You know, y'all can defend this "fix" all you want. Maybe you'll help EA remain convinced this was a good "fix". And the rest will leave, as so many have done before them.

So keep defending bad EA decisions and ultimately they're going to keep making them until they make one that negatively impacts your experience. At that point, will you fight for the game or just leave? And if you choose to fight, how many will be left to help you with that fight?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiniski View Post
I don't want adapt to a thing, I pay for enjoy, not to get frustrated, are you masochistic?
So when you run a new fp or op you don't have to adapt to the mechanics?

Oh you must just never do that since you don't want to adapt to a thing, or if you do, you're that guy that stands in fire and goes Y AM I DIEING Y IS HEALER NOT HEALING ME, SO NOOB

What do you do when your class gets nerfed? you have to adapt to that, do you just stop playing?

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
I just think it's more of an exaggeration. Each person needs to go and do a field check. I mean if you died a bunch beforehand and didn't think anything of it till this particular time you died and you went to repair and it was 30k. Yeah duh you died before.
There is definitely a bug though, the other night while running with a PUG on the gree event we wiped (don't get me started) and I had 0 repair costs... then the next time I had 30k in repair costs... so something is definitely not right in repair land... and I repair after every death (repair droid FTW).
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 03:33 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
There is definitely a bug though, the other night while running with a PUG on the gree event we wiped (don't get me started) and I had 0 repair costs... then the next time I had 30k in repair costs... so something is definitely not right in repair land... and I repair after every death (repair droid FTW).
Oh and that 30k was on one of my new alts that was in rakata/columi/tionese blend with no augments yet... so yea... something is odd.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 03:34 PM | #245
Again as i said earlier, talking about fixing a bug is one thing, but the people just complaining about the price saying it's too much. that's different.

If there is a bug and if the costs are higher then intended, that's fine, they can fix it. However if these costs are what they intended, then they are what they intended and people just need to adapt to it

Levity
02.14.2013 , 03:34 PM | #246
Oh there definitely could be a bug. Its BW I bet there is. But the repair cost is going to remain higher even with the fix when it comes. So might as well just get used to it imo lol.

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 03:34 PM | #247
Was the 0 repair death due to a fall or something the game could have seen as a fall?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

theborch
02.14.2013 , 03:35 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Was the 0 repair death due to a fall or something the game could have seen as a fall?
So is it possible to avoid repair bills by just jumping off cliffs right before the mob/boss kills you?
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 03:36 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
So when you run a new fp or op you don't have to adapt to the mechanics?

Oh you must just never do that since you don't want to adapt to a thing, or if you do, you're that guy that stands in fire and goes Y AM I DIEING Y IS HEALER NOT HEALING ME, SO NOOB

What do you do when your class gets nerfed? you have to adapt to that, do you just stop playing?
There is a difference between adapting to a change in mechanics or adapting to a difficult challenge then adapting to an arbitrary cost whose increase provides no increase in difficulty only increase in overhead.

For example if there were now a tax each time you started an operation of 300k credits you bet everyone would be in arms about it and rightfully so. Doesn't mean I won't just pay it and move on with my life, but it is just a bad design decision.

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 03:37 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post
So is it possible to avoid repair bills by just jumping off cliffs right before the mob/boss kills you?
Falling deaths do not (seem to) damage gear. Any damage the mobs/boss did to your gear before the fall kills you would probably still be there.

EDIT: Also the Repair button is disabled if you do not need repairs, so the report of the 0 repair cost is... interesting.