Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 02:48 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
EXACTLY! Selfish attitudes of players who fail to see the bigger picture. This impacts the game NEGATIVELY. There's NO positive to this change.
They're hell-bent to push people out of the game. Not worth arguing over.

I have yet to see one reasonable answer to the reasonable question one would expect an active supporter to be able to answer: How does this change BENEFIT the game?

There seem to be a lot of drawbacks to the change:
  • Fewer flashpoints being run
  • Fewer operations being run
  • Fewer risks being taken overall
  • People unsubscribing

So, supporters, please, tell me what great BENEFIT to the game comes from this change that overcomes all those drawbacks.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:48 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Personal attacks for a differing opinion huh?! Classy. That sells your point well.
What personal attack?

I'm just explaining the truth.

Over-generalizing much?

It's okay tux, I'll protect you and your armor from being scratched.

Lent_San
02.14.2013 , 02:49 PM | #173
We'll see what happens when people cancel subs left and right because people can't afford to play end content anymore. I think some here will eat their words then.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 02:49 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
the only negative to it is that people have to run dailies, it's not that big of a deal. you are making much more of a deal out of it then you should be.

Done with this thread QQ'ers are most likely going to win out in the end anyways as they typically do. Who knows eventually you QQ'ers and people who want it easier will get this game to the same state that WoW is in, where you don't even buy your skills anymore, they are automatically awarded to you upon leveling up,
I've been saying this the entire time that you don't even need to run dailies. You just need to be smart about what you are putting in to what you are putting out. But everyone just wants it easy >.>

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 02:49 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
Funny thing is, about half of you spent the amount of time arguing on the forums and on other threads when you could of been in game, running the dailies, and being fine.
Unless we're not at home where we could play the game, but please don't allow reality from interferring with your faulty assumptions. You're doing so well with them.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 02:49 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
They're hell-bent to push people out of the game. Not worth arguing over.

I have yet to see one reasonable answer to the reasonable question one would expect an active supporter to be able to answer: How does this change BENEFIT the game?

There seem to be a lot of drawbacks to the change:
  • Fewer flashpoints being run
  • Fewer operations being run
  • Fewer risks being taken overall
  • People unsubscribing

So, supporters, please, tell me what great BENEFIT to the game comes from this change that overcomes all those drawbacks.
if you can prove ANY of those things happening then all power to you but you can't, FP's are being run just as often, ops are being run just as often, fewer risks is actually a good thing for ops.......

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 02:50 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
the only negative to it is that people have to run dailies, it's not that big of a deal. you are making much more of a deal out of it then you should be.
There are tons more negatives. The impact to PuGs/GF alone is going to kill off players. I was one of those guys who tolerated new players in HM FPs. I didn't care if we wiped and wiped and wiped...I was helping them. Not any more.

Again, there's NOTHING positive about this. NOTHING!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
We'll see what happens when people cancel subs left and right because people can't afford to play end content anymore. I think some here will eat their words then.
BW/EA probably don't care since they have big revenue from other games. Haven't you noticed the lack of customer support here? They don't care because everyone complains and there's no motivation for them to care. All they see is complain, complain, complain.

As a dev I would of done this to laugh at people.

BJWyler
02.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by ZavienUK View Post
I'm sorry I have not read the whole thread (it's long - which is reassuring sign!), but wanted to jump in to say these are the ones that effect me personally as a casual player. So a new player messes up - but instead of being given the chance to learn they get kicked because the cost to teaching them is too high. But because they got kicked they couldn't learn and even if they don't get scared off they will never be able to learn. Vicious circle ....

I'm in the category of 3 above - credit poor - and now have to run dalies just to afford to play the parts of the game I enjoy.
What server are you on - my guild wouldn't have a problem helping you out if you are on The Shadowlands.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Unless we're not at home where we could play the game, but please don't allow reality from interferring with your faulty assumptions. You're doing so well with them.
Then maybe you should be doing what you are suppose to be doing instead of playing the forums.