Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:37 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You're telling me to quit because I don't find grinding daily missions "fun"? And no...you do not make 400-600k from a run. Not even close.
Yes, yes you do.

Go do it, we'll wait.

No one finds grinding fun, but go with a group, listen to music, it passes the time.

Ceyvel
02.14.2013 , 02:38 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
There can be reasons out of a person's control they are dying. I used to die more than I do now. The major reason was my computer lagged a lot. Some people don't have the luxury of being able to purchase a new computer like I did so this is something beyond their control.

We can't blame the person who is dying more than someone else without looking at the reasons. If you lag your actions are slowed down.
If we are to change the game according to the fact, that some people have slow computers, we should make the game turn based or so slow, people with good computers will find it it terribly boring to play, because enemies pose much less threat than before.

Levity
02.14.2013 , 02:38 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by justiceface View Post
Truth but he/she was replying to my posts and I mentioned the bugs.

Also I don't see a good justification for this. No one is asking for free flying ponies, people don't like the change, the change isn't beneficial to the game and no one requested it. So I ask again, why not get rid of it?
So what you are saying is hey devs this is our game, we make the rules, put what we want into the game or we will quit.

And the devs will say.

This is our game. We will do what we want with our game. So go ahead and quit.

If you really don't think they think like that then I don't know what to tell you. "Take away something that makes me spend money." That's asking for a handout.
And as I said I've been paying 40-50k repair bills, so it didn't effect me as it is others. But guess what? Whenever someone said "Oh my repair bill was 8k." After whiping TFB HM 20 times and mine was 80-100. That annoyed me but I chose to enjoy the game and keep making money. And I just saw more dailies are the bane of existance... Well go read my initial post please.

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 02:39 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceyvel View Post
Moreover, we came to consensus, that higher cost of a failure across-the-board makes us want to perform better.
If that's what you're crew needs to motivate them to play better, great. It's disincentive to many more though.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

justiceface
02.14.2013 , 02:40 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
I get it, reading is hard, so I'll write what the patch notes said for you.

"Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements."

It doesn't specify modable gear but it mentions enhancements add to the price now too.

You can augment any gear (except the matrix shard)

I know its a broad statement, but its not as simple as saying "MODABLE GEAR ONLY"
What about your people who have seen no increase at all? People in this topic who claim to Raid. Are you telling me there are people in progression guilds not getting augs for their characters? Because if they had augs their repairs bills weren't correct and now they should be, but they haven't changed. You really should take a minute before you post.

Also my other question, why keep this if the community is largely opposed to it.

mothear
02.14.2013 , 02:41 PM | #156
I have 5 moddable items. I just went to solo an H4 on my now Lvl 41 scoundrel. Died twice and it cost me 3898 credits. Guess what I picked up greys/greens/credits amounting to over 20k (at vendor) so no this does not impact levelling at all.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 02:42 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
If that's what you're crew needs to motivate them to play better, great. It's disincentive to many more though.
again this change hurts people who run progression the most

story mode ops are easy

hard mode flashpoints are easy

if you find yourself consistently dieing in these, there is a problem, even with a casual in the group, it's not hard to complete these, even with people running completely wrong specs, it's not hard to complete these at all.

Hell i had a guildie running powertech dps for a SM KP that was never even in melee range, meaning he wasn't doing his rotation properly. there is a LOT of leeway for casuals

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 02:42 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
Yes you do, there needs to be some penalty to death other then a wipe
Well I tend to disagree with you from a game design point of view, but that is besides the point.

Putting this back to the larger conversation, I saw no indication that people were not being sufficiently disincentivized from dying prior to this change. And increasing said penalty is a large enough design decision that quite a bit of testing should have gone into testing its ramifications.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

Larity
02.14.2013 , 02:43 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by justiceface View Post
What about your people who have seen no increase at all? People in this topic who claim to Raid. Are you telling me there are people in progression guilds not getting augs for their characters? Because if they had augs their repairs bills weren't correct and now they should be, but they haven't changed. You really should take a minute before you post.

Also my other question, why keep this if the community is largely opposed to it.
No, the community isn't largely opposed to this. Nor are they largely for this.

Us few arguing aren't the large community. There are quite a numerous number of people who generally don't care.

Do you see them on the forum? do you see them complaining in game? or did they just realize, "oh, its more, guess I gotta get a few more credits" and just continue playing.

They adapted.

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 02:44 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Let me rephrase: "This didn't affect me, so I don't care what it does to everyone else." Awesome.
EXACTLY! Selfish attitudes of players who fail to see the bigger picture. This impacts the game NEGATIVELY. There's NO positive to this change.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.