Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems installing patch 1.7.0a

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems installing patch 1.7.0a
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithLordUchiha
02.14.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1
Last night I went to download and install the new patch, but every time I get to the installing of Game Client 85, it just sits there at 0% and freezes the launcher every time. I restarted several times and even tried a system restore, and I doubled check my settings, firewall, connection, etc and it is not me. I would love a fix/reply ASAP so I can go back to enjoying the game. The problem still persists as we speak.

Bronholz
02.14.2013 , 01:55 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings SithLordUchiha,

Thanks for contacting us.

Are you running the launcher in Admin mode? To do this right click the launcher and chose to run as admin.

Please also try running the launcher in Safe Mode with Networking, to see if this will allow it to patch.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

SithLordUchiha
02.14.2013 , 02:49 PM | #3
Neither option changed it for the better or worse. Still the same issue.

Bronholz
02.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for trying that.

Please post up a copy of your most recent launcher logs within spoiler tags("[spoiler][/spoiler])

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt

If the log is too large to fit, please post the bottom section as this is the most recent and most relevant.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Ardijedi
02.14.2013 , 02:51 PM | #5
Well now. Thank you sir for that very intrusive information. However I personally would like to (beep beep) (Whistle) keep my current client intact as much as possible so I decided to:

1. Stop the client process via the task manager.
2. Restart my computer.
3. Right click my (beep beep) (Whistle) SWTOR client and run it as Administrator.
4 Enter password and digipass secure code if applicable.
5. Bingo watch install correctly,

So for the original poster, i would try that before you reinstall the client.
Worked for this R2D2 series Astro droid. I can almost fix anything.

Ciao

SithLordUchiha
02.14.2013 , 03:03 PM | #6
I thank you little droid for your effort, but it didnt work. I will proceed with the posting of logs when I find them lol

SithLordUchiha
02.14.2013 , 03:07 PM | #7
Spoiler

mayo
02.14.2013 , 03:18 PM | #8
I am having the same issue. As soon as the patch starts to install, the launcher freezes at %0.
I was a beta tester, I pre ordered the Collector's Eddition, and have been a paid subscriber since early play. Lately the quality of this game has declined to the point where I have begun to question Bioware's ability to manage an MMO.
Well here's my logs, hope this can be fixed soon so I can update and log in and enjoy the horrible FPS.

Spoiler

SithLordUchiha
02.14.2013 , 03:20 PM | #9
Did u find anything in the logs?

Ardijedi
02.14.2013 , 03:27 PM | #10
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I am using a 64bit Windows 7 OS.