Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Levity
02.14.2013 , 01:51 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by justiceface View Post
Who asked to be handed anything? Seriously. I want to know. Find it. And yes we will continue to "cry moar" and all you'll be able to do is post about how are awesome your econ money making skills are and we will continue to not care.
And you will continue to be poor and hate the game. So it's a two way street of you not caring and hating life, while I choose to not complain and better the situation.

I cared enough to share a good way to make money while doing what you want to do. I make my money and I am never doing something that I don't want to do ( like grinding dailies etc.) I know I sound harsh, but sitting here complaining about something minimal when you can fix the situation by just doing your crew skills seems kind of rediculous to me.

justiceface
02.14.2013 , 01:52 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
Ok so sending your companions on crewskills when you are sitting doing what you want to do is a grind? You realize SWTOR broke the whole grinding to make money with this mechanic. But apperently everyone here fails to see it.
Super duper! No grinding! The change still doesn't seem to be working as intended as repair costs are all over the place and some people(yourself included) aren't seeing any changes. I've never had the repair costs I've had until this change, not in any gear every. There is a mistake somewhere and it needs to be fixed.

Furiel
02.14.2013 , 01:52 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
In addition to being atrociously spaced, this point is fallacious on its face. WOW and others like it might have ridiculous repair costs for better gear, however by no means can it be accurately claimed that / EVERY/ game has this mechanic.
WoW's "ridiculous" repair costs are also well compensated for by the addition of the guild perks in Cata that give guild above a certain, fairly easily atainable level an additional 10% of all coin rewards that goes directly into the guild bank which for the majority of guilds mostly or completely subsidizes said repair costs as well. So anyone trying to argue that high repair costs are part and parcel to end game raiding, your example fails due to the above.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

Larity
02.14.2013 , 01:52 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Nobody did, he's just trolling and bragging.

Bottom line: This hurts the game in every possible way. There's ZERO benefit from it. The players with tons of credits will continue to have less tons of credits. Every other player is hurt by this.
Or those other players can get off their high horses *** and do **** themselves?

Still, not a lot of credits.

iamthehoyden
02.14.2013 , 01:53 PM | #95

Bottom line: This hurts the game in every possible way. There's ZERO benefit from it. The players with tons of credits will continue to have less tons of credits. Every other player is hurt by this.
^ This.
If there was a discrepancy with some players paying more than they should have pre-repair cost increase then they should have lowered it for those players. Increasing this cost has no positive benefit for the game.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Levity
02.14.2013 , 01:54 PM | #96

People wanting it rolled back would be asking for a hand out.

People asking for there to be no repairs. A handout.

And that was a generalization for the entire community.

justiceface
02.14.2013 , 01:54 PM | #97
And you will continue to be poor and hate the game. So it's a two way street of you not caring and hating life, while I choose to not complain and better the situation.

I cared enough to share a good way to make money while doing what you want to do. I make my money and I am never doing something that I don't want to do ( like grinding dailies etc.) I know I sound harsh, but sitting here complaining about something minimal when you can fix the situation by just doing your crew skills seems kind of rediculous to me.
Blah blah blah, I didn't read the posts I just felt like being awesome online.

change isn't doing what it should be, the change was meant only for moddable gear, that's not what happened. Also, it's not happening to everyone. This usually means bug unless Bioware has decided to RNG repair bills.

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 01:55 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
Or those other players can get off their high horses *** and do **** themselves?

Still, not a lot of credits.
Excuse me?! Explain that...please. What exactly are you saying?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Ratajack
02.14.2013 , 01:57 PM | #99

Their problem is that while you shared a way that they could cover the increased repair costs, that way would require actual EFFORT from them. Never mind that the effort could be minimal, AND done while they enjoy the "fun" parts of the game, they would still have to actually do something other than complain and expect someone else to fix it.

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 01:57 PM | #100
People wanting it rolled back would be asking for a hand out.

People asking for there to be no repairs. A handout.

And that was a generalization for the entire community.
No. I'm not asking for a hand out. I'm telling you that this change impacts the game in MANY ways...NONE positively.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)