Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Security Key after Feb 14th downtime

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobile Security Key after Feb 14th downtime
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TangledDruid
02.14.2013 , 08:13 AM | #1
I can't login this morning.

I went to the web site and tried to go to my account page, and it does not recognize my security key.

The odd thing is, when it takes me to the next page that says "we cant find your key" the bar along the top is green with a check mark - not red with an X.

Is there issues with mobile apps? or is it just me?

todorovh
02.14.2013 , 10:35 AM | #2
just got the same issue ... i was able to log in earlier ... now all of a sudden i cannot

Necronomicanomic
02.14.2013 , 11:43 AM | #3
I had same problem with mine. You have to call Customer Service on the telephone and go to Account and Billing and be on hold for a long time, then have them disable your security key and you account will become active again. Hope this helps.

todorovh
02.14.2013 , 11:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Necronomicanomic View Post
I had same problem with mine. You have to call Customer Service on the telephone and go to Account and Billing and be on hold for a long time, then have them disable your security key and you account will become active again. Hope this helps.
phoning them is not an option ... it'd be cheaper to get a new account ffs ...

also i don't want the security key removed ... I WANT IT WORKING

Genne
02.14.2013 , 12:39 PM | #5
Hi Bioware, any respond to this problem? My guild mates have same problem with security key on they mobile, they have patched today normally, but when they wanted logg later again. Code problem!!!!

Please respond to this topic, some of them have problems to talk with you on phone in English.

TangledDruid
02.14.2013 , 12:44 PM | #6
Yeah I am pretty upset. Event launched that you have grindfest to get a reward from before its over, and day 2 I get locked out.

Bronholz
02.14.2013 , 12:50 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings all,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

I've raised this for investigation, but for the moment it may be advisable, for those that are able, to call our Account & Billing team. At the least they will be able to temporarily remove the Security Key, allowing you to login again.

You can find the details here.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

todorovh
02.14.2013 , 01:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings all,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

I've raised this for investigation, but for the moment it may be advisable, for those that are able, to call our Account & Billing team. At the least they will be able to temporarily remove the Security Key, allowing you to login again.

You can find the details here.

Thanks for your patience.
this post was made at 9.50 pm ( 21.50 )

it is at the moment just after 7pm in the UK and just after 9pm where i live.

is this related ?

Bronholz
02.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
It might be yes.

Can you check if your timezone is correctly set under 'My Account'?

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

todorovh
02.14.2013 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
It might be yes.

Can you check if your timezone is correctly set under 'My Account'?

Thanks.
I CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT !!!!

I've used my security key for almost an year without any issue, so it definitely used to be set correctly...

edit. that is including today, as i was able to successfully log in, update the client and play for a while ..