Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No way to buy Gree Weapon this time around...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No way to buy Gree Weapon this time around...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrashDDL
02.14.2013 , 10:11 AM | #1
I am surprised to not find any post about the fact that we cant buy any of the weapons offered by the Gree until they come back sometimes in the future because we can't reach that level... Nobody is bothered by this?

Vandicus
02.14.2013 , 10:12 AM | #2
Did you use search? This has gotten multiple threads each day since the event launch.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

CrashDDL
02.14.2013 , 10:15 AM | #3
Did but nothing shows up with "Gree weapon"... weird... also been reading the forum and I am yet to see any posts relating to the issue... Maybe share a link here? I'd like to see what others think...

-Sirus-
02.14.2013 , 10:27 AM | #4
You can get it. Your reputation item consumption isn't blocked until you are already over your weekly cap. Get as close to your weekly cap as you can without going over. Then consume a purple reputation item.

CrashDDL
02.14.2013 , 10:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
You can get it. Your reputation item consumption isn't blocked until you are already over your weekly cap. Get as close to your weekly cap as you can without going over. Then consume a purple reputation item.
I'm pretty sure you need to check your facts... you have to be champion which is 5th level with Gree... you can only make Hero as in 4th level before they leave... unless I'm missing something here I don't see it happening...

AshlaBoga
02.14.2013 , 10:58 AM | #6
The only way to get it this time around is if they leave the vendor and we stockpile the trophies.

It's possible to get enough trophies to get to champion, but if they take the vendor away we will have to wait to buy the weapons.

I've got enough trophies to be a Hero and by the next week will have enough to be a Champion,

so PLEASE BW LEAVE THE VENDOR AN EXTRA WEEK OR TWO!!!!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

offfspringfntc
02.14.2013 , 11:04 AM | #7
Its also been proposed that the vendor will not leave immediately so if you hold on to your gree reputation packs, and use them the following week, you should be able to achieve Champion level. I know the Cheveron vendor stayed around for almost two weeks post event. It seem feasible that you can still accumulate rep post event if you save your packs after you complete your weekly goal, they wouldn't want to make it them unusable after the last day, or at least I hope. I saw this proposed in a previous thread a few days back.

AshlaBoga
02.14.2013 , 11:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by offfspringfntc View Post
Its also been proposed that the vendor will not leave immediately so if you hold on to your gree reputation packs, and use them the following week, you should be able to achieve Champion level. I know the Cheveron vendor stayed around for almost two weeks post event. It seem feasible that you can still accumulate rep post event if you save your packs after you complete your weekly goal, they wouldn't want to make it them unusable after the last day, or at least I hope. I saw this proposed in a previous thread a few days back.
If the vendor stays an extra 14 days I'll have hit Legend so that would be awesome.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Kubernetic
02.14.2013 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CrashDDL View Post
I am surprised to not find any post about the fact that we cant buy any of the weapons offered by the Gree until they come back sometimes in the future because we can't reach that level... Nobody is bothered by this?
Making it up as you go along? Good luck!
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

CourtneyWoods
02.14.2013 , 11:31 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The only way to get it this time around is if they leave the vendor and we stockpile the trophies.

It's possible to get enough trophies to get to champion, but if they take the vendor away we will have to wait to buy the weapons.

I've got enough trophies to be a Hero and by the next week will have enough to be a Champion,

so PLEASE BW LEAVE THE VENDOR AN EXTRA WEEK OR TWO!!!!
Hey AshlaBoga,

Just wanted to let you know that the Gree Vendor will be sticking around after the event ends
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]