Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Repairs] Too expensive!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xarynn
02.14.2013 , 10:42 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
I wouldn't be to surprised or amused if within the next month a cartel coin based " Weapon/armor Repair Kit " shows up.
If that happened my sub would be cancelled so fast they'd be wondering where last year's payments had disappeared to!
"They told me they'd fixed it! It's not my fault!!"

Chickensevil
02.14.2013 , 10:47 AM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by Valorian View Post
Good post,

Hopefully we might get some kind of response soon, either informing yep this is the way it is now or we will change it back, either way the more its dragged out the more subs will be lost which is a real bad thing.
Indeed, since, while I will not be pulling my sub because of this, I can easily see people losing purpose in the game. Being forced to grind for the sake of the grind is not entirely enjoyable. So now on top of having to kill the same content over and over again to get gear so you can actually progress, we want you to kill this other content over and over again, to fund your killing content to get gear.

Litterally just doubled the amount of playing time I have to put in to raid. 3 hours per night of raiding plus another 3 to 4 hours of dailies to make money so I can raid again.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Cindron
02.14.2013 , 10:48 AM | #283
I am very casual player and jump in as time allows. Have never enjoyed "grinding" and while I am content to work for things that I want in game I don't want to be forced to grind in order to even play. The fact that this thread alone is 28 pages long without a single gold response speaks loudly. Not a "we are looking into it" or "we will roll it back" or "sorry, deal with it". Nothing. Bugs all about the game, people posting hundreds of threads asking for fixes yet this supposed bug is addressed, why? Is there one single thread started in the forums saying "Please raise the cost of repairs", I rather doubt it. This kills the community, people need to post screen shots of players shouting for groups "experienced players only" I'm sure it's happening already. Repeatedly dropping pve quests in or right next to pvp zones. Space still largely ignored. Players still largely ignored.

I want to enjoy this game and at times I have. I've hung in there but decisions like this make me think of an old joke.

First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?

Think its time to stop hitting my head against the wall. Take care all.
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

caphron
02.14.2013 , 10:51 AM | #284
My question is this. Is BW going to factor into the repair equation, the times when one of the many many known and reported bugs kill us and cause our repair bills to increase? I've lost count of how many times I've died because of a bug that I had no control over.

It figures they'd fix a bug that results in a negative effect on the playerbase while ignoring the more complex bugs that should be concentrated on. I remember the charge bug that was in Esselece where as a guardian tank I'd charge the robot boss on the platform and clip through the floor into the pit below. I tested it after each patch and reported on it each time it was still there until I finally gave up. Maybe they fixed it, maybe they didn't. I dunno, because I gave up on it.

But BioWare seems to kick the can on these issues. By jimmy though they'll jump on fixing something that will cause another money-sink in the game. Call me a naysayer but this just stinks of another way to push people to use the cartel market. Too many people were blowing their credits on the cartel market items in the GTN and BW implemented something to take out that problem......

End result will be in trying to nickle and dime the playerbase there will be less of a playerbase to pay......

Thurenost
02.14.2013 , 10:52 AM | #285
Geared with war hero gear on the new event on ilum, died a couple times 60k on repair bills......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chickensevil
02.14.2013 , 10:52 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
Conspiracy theory here.
Spoiler
I wouldn't buy that, I know that the numbers for paying players and just players in general have gone up, not down since F2P. I also know many paying players who dump hundreds of dollars into the CM each time they release a new pack (a guildy just bought 24 packs after 1.7 went live, so yeah... and that is pretty normal for him.)
Quote:
Armory

Halacs
02.14.2013 , 10:53 AM | #287
Yeah this repair cost thing is bad. I know six people that un-subbed today after the patch provided no solution to the problem. Remember, in patch 1.2 they specifically made the repairs cheaper. This patch undoes this by calling it a "bug". I believe we need credit sinks but this is not the solution.

Can't help but think that with the cartel shop around something is planned to be sold to change the cost for people.

LFGis done, helping low players gear is done, pugs are done, and raiding is all but done for me now. I am not spending 2 hours raiding to spend 1.5 hours doing dailies just to cover costs of playing.
Proper Dual spec please.
Free flying space combat
Cross server PVP, OP's, & FP's
Fix Ability Delay/misfire

AshlaBoga
02.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Yashmata View Post
Damn... 64k for my 51 set and 5.4k for your 63s?! Definitely a bug. Fingers crossed for the update.
64k for a wipe in 51s?

Yashmata I actually want to give you a hug or something, that's just painful.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Chickensevil
02.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
Totally making this my new sig! haha
Quote:
Armory

Lent_San
02.14.2013 , 11:00 AM | #290
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
So, like, vanity stuff? Meh.
It's not vanity stuff if it's actually obtainable in game. Whatever happened to working for stuff instead of simply buying them for cash? What's the roleplaying aspect in there, where's the motivation? I don't get it.