Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daemonson
02.14.2013 , 09:54 AM | #1
Let me start straight with what they care about: YOU ARE LOSING MONEY. People are unsubbing left and right because of this and you are losing money. Fix this and you will make more money, easy as that.

Okay, now that that's said, lets get to the player problems.

1. People are more hostile towards new players in flashpoints.
Due to increased repair costs people are less forgiving of new players in flashpoints whose mistakes cause wipes. Instead of explaining the issues and working with the player people will just be kicked because nobody wants to pay 10k a wipe because of a single player.

2. Progression takes a hit.
Guilds will be less willing to wipe over and over again on bosses because of this. If a group wipes 20-30 times on a boss they can't kill it could cost nearly a million credits per player.

3. Casual players can't afford it.
If a person wants to only play a few hours a week and do some ops/HM's they have to spend most of their other time running dailies. Dailies are boring and grindy and nobody wants to spend half their time running them just to fund their other activities.

(Will update as I find more Issues)

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 09:56 AM | #2
Two more for you:

An entire swath of experienced players who otherwise would have run multiple flash points per day, teaching new players how to be better in the process, are no longer running any flash points.

Players are cancelling their subscriptions.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

DarthFamine
02.14.2013 , 09:58 AM | #3
As the raid leader for my guild I have suspended all operations until this issue is fixed.

Why?

We are casual players, we all have lives and simply cannot afford to raid with these costs.
None of us myself included have time to grind enough dailies in order to do it.

I'm not going to ask my people to do that.

Raiding is my favorite thing about the game, and you have taken that away from me.

Then you add insult to injury by giving us an event, with an item we have been screaming for
for months on end, but make it unobtainable.

All this posits the question.

Why should I continue to give you money?
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Larity
02.14.2013 , 10:22 AM | #4
As the leader of my guild

I say, run dailies, open a guild bank, deposit credits, help guild out.

But then again, I trust my guild

and a few thousand more credits isn't hurting my wallet.

Does no one realize this was a bug that has now been fixed?

DarthFamine
02.14.2013 , 10:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post

As the leader of my guild I have done that as well. However it's not a matter of a few thousand more, its a matter of a few hundred thousand more across alot of players.

This sums it up I think

http://members.rjkgaming.com/948/rent1.jpg
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

galadimana
02.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #6

Yes, I believe most people are aware it was a bug. But most also agree that the new status is untenable for an enjoyable game. Making people strive to succeed is one thing. Putting onerous costs on failure is different.
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.

Rafaman
02.14.2013 , 10:33 AM | #7
GM here as well, and it is not an issue for us. Essentially, the guild bank is available for repairs but everyone has a cap on how much they can use in repairs per week. That coupled with players diligently contributing to the bank on a weekly basis makes the repair costs a mild annoyance nothing more.

So... essentially, the guild and players are dividing up the hit and it isn't a huge deal at the moment.

Ops are running as scheduled.

DarthTHC
02.14.2013 , 10:33 AM | #8

Not everyone has a guild.

Not everyone in a guild has a guild leader as generous as or with as much time as you.

This doesn't just affect people doing dailies or flashpoints at 50. This affects endgame raiders to the tune of 100's of thousands of credits PER RAIDER PER RAID. This affects new players possibly so significantly that they may have to defer training of some skills for some levels.

So, yeah, great that it's no hassle for you. It's a hassle for a lot of people. Can you see beyond "you"?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Themanthatisi
02.14.2013 , 10:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemonson View Post
Let me start straight with what they care about: YOU ARE LOSING MONEY. People are unsubbing left and right because of this and you are losing money. Fix this and you will make more money, easy as that.

Okay, now that that's said, lets get to the player problems.

1. People are more hostile towards new players in flashpoints.
Due to increased repair costs people are less forgiving of new players in flashpoints whose mistakes cause wipes. Instead of explaining the issues and working with the player people will just be kicked because nobody wants to pay 10k a wipe because of a single player.

2. Progression takes a hit.
Guilds will be less willing to wipe over and over again on bosses because of this. If a group wipes 20-30 times on a boss they can't kill it could cost nearly a million credits per player.

3. Casual players can't afford it.
If a person wants to only play a few hours a week and do some ops/HM's they have to spend most of their other time running dailies. Dailies are boring and grindy and nobody wants to spend half their time running them just to fund their other activities.

(Will update as I find more Issues)
Also, this game has brought in RPG lovers who never played a MMO or had limited experience in a MMO, like ME and my wife.... So, now they put up a huge wall for a RPG lovers to have to hurdle to get into the MMO's parts... ug.

DarthVenizen
02.14.2013 , 10:41 AM | #10
Wait people are complaining about repair costs NOW?

meanwhile being a progression raider with only 2 places to do dailies meant you got a solid 2 repairs in from yellow status before you were broke at launch because repairs were ~80k

OH NO TEH REPAIRS ARE LIKE 30K MAN!!!! THATS LIKE! A LOT