Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant decide, Sniper or Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Cant decide, Sniper or Gunslinger

ZeroPlus
02.14.2013 , 08:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I'd like to point that when you choose a class which name is "Sniper", you shouldn't expect to be flashy. When you hear the word "Sniper", you must have in mind "steady, well-aimed, deadly single shots". BioWare succeed very well to transcript this feeling.

Indeed, the Sniper's style is opposed to the Gunslinger's style which is much more "gangsta" or "street-fight". In my opinion it would be a success if the Gunslinger wouldn't be so immobile like the Sniper.
From my point of view, the Gunslinger's animations would fit much more a run'n'gun fighting style, even though the cover mechanic fits them too, but I don't see them spending the whole time behind it. When I imagine a dual-pistol using outlaw, I rather see a guy switching between running and entrenching. But the mechanics doesn't really allow it. For me Gunslinger's animation are inconsistent because of it.
Dirty Fighting Gunslinger: run and gun and almost no need for cover. The only time I use cover is against bosses so I can use "Speed Shot" because it requires cover. Other than that I almost never use cover. Try it.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Altheran
02.14.2013 , 09:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Dirty Fighting Gunslinger: run and gun and almost no need for cover. The only time I use cover is against bosses so I can use "Speed Shot" because it requires cover. Other than that I almost never use cover. Try it.
I can't, I chose Scoundrel and Sniper for this reason.
And even with lethality on my Sniper, I don't really feel the run'n'gun style... You can do it for few seconds times to times, but it is too much reliant on abilities like Series of Shots, Cull and Ambush to have the feeling I'm seeking. And cover gives too much protection to be left easily. Personally I feel like my Assault Commando is much more run'n'gun-style, and if he were able to take cover (just hiding behind objects to avoid shots, without the immunity to leaps or interrupts) it would be much more what I'd expect when imagining a Gunslinger.

What I imagined is the stance of Charged Burst or Aimed Shot (I don't recall the name of the ability when he use both pistols but at 90) but when running, if you see what I'm saying.