Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.11.2013 , 10:15 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I'll give you props for not hiding your identity on a server forum. honestly, I have to just ignore ppl who chime in w/o so much as a mention of who they are. waaay too easy to troll. love or hate troyy or the pd twins, they don't hide. if I were you, I wouldn't even bother with someone who won't even be clear about who s/he is. not on a server specific forum at any rate.
The PD twins are Tazz and Rezikj, since they're twins

shadowopsx's Avatar


shadowopsx
02.14.2013 , 01:37 AM | #32
We have a picture of your fearless leader unicorns!http://republicgentlemen.guildportal..._15_848253.jpg No hard feeling right? You superque, we sit on your face
Fusrodah, Tartarus, Kodur, Pyrodraco
The Dovakiin Legacy
This game is beyond dead

Harglerode's Avatar


Harglerode
02.14.2013 , 08:25 AM | #33
Quote=TMurdaJedi;5844480]Simple.. gg.

And sabrina.. who are you? We never had anyone named Sabrina in the guild.. People who don't name themselves in their forum sig aren't worthy of opinions in a thread like this.. especially when you put my guild's name in your mouth.

Much love to US..

And while I'm at it LD50 too since I saw their name mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Just click on her profile pic. Not sure why she chose to hide her Sig on this forum.
Random Collection of Tryhards

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
02.14.2013 , 07:37 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniParadox View Post
Here's a game where 2 guildies, some pugs, and I stalemate a 7 man Unicorn Stampede pre-made in voidstar. I didn't really expect to get a door, but I'm rather pleased that we stopped them from capping. Mostly I'm uploading this because it was insane how often I escaped death from their shadow and 4 smashers. As someone who rarely queues with a dedicated tank I've learned to play guerilla tactics style and this is just a kind of ridiculous example of me surviving. However I did die 10 times, mostly in the second round (hard to avoid), but still ended up with almost 1 million heals. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/5vce2403G-k
Their were 3 smashers, 1 tank it was most likely 2 4 mans or unicorns just got damn lucky with like. As far as your escapimg death, heals etc. It was pretty impressive but tbh it appeared they were doing the whole apply pressure to healer kill everyone else tactic...or the more likely reason they were just derping around. But gg! Was fun to watch a good aoe heal sage that wasnt bubble spec
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.14.2013 , 08:26 PM | #35
kalak and inmortal always have been awesome aoe heals since I met them in the first merger on CO. kalak was so good that we won against good competition while I was the other healer on krackcommando. he regularly had twice my output. there was never anything wrong with straight heal tree for sages. the QQ about sages sucking w/o bubble-stun is a load of poo from horrible players in the PVP forum.

sorry. had to unload. carry on.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
02.14.2013 , 10:31 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
kalak and inmortal always have been awesome aoe heals since I met them in the first merger on CO. kalak was so good that we won against good competition while I was the other healer on krackcommando. he regularly had twice my output. there was never anything wrong with straight heal tree for sages. the QQ about sages sucking w/o bubble-stun is a load of poo from horrible players in the PVP forum.

sorry. had to unload. carry on.
Nothing wrong with straight aoe heals I prefer it over bubble stun on my sorc/sage the only reason its becoming noobish is cause its allowing to provide a lot of damage mitigation because prior to the 1.6 patch a lot of the bubbles would overlap causing someone to get full resolve rather quickly. Also it really doesn't fill much resolve, which is kinda dumb imo. Also though a lot of resolve filling stuff got toned down like pulls some hard cc's. The long soft cc still fill 50-75% resolve which is good and bad. But in my opinion to fix bubble spec either make it so sorc heals can't grab the points or make it so 3 bubbles fills resolve. AoE heals is still awesome and will be OP possibly come expansion. I don't know why they are buffing sorc heals so much and kinda forgetting about commando heals :/
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.14.2013 , 11:39 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
Their were 3 smashers, 1 tank it was most likely 2 4 mans or unicorns just got damn lucky with like. As far as your escapimg death, heals etc. It was pretty impressive but tbh it appeared they were doing the whole apply pressure to healer kill everyone else tactic...or the more likely reason they were just derping around. But gg! Was fun to watch a good aoe heal sage that wasnt bubble spec
The idea that that wasn't a superqueue would be valid if Troy's stream didn't show him forming up an 8 man ops group with like right before the wz and timing up group queues But, in all fairness, Troy was getting it pretty rough that day

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
02.14.2013 , 11:53 PM | #38
When you can't win form a team to win :/
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.15.2013 , 12:23 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
Nothing wrong with straight aoe heals I prefer it over bubble stun on my sorc/sage the only reason its becoming noobish is cause its allowing to provide a lot of damage mitigation because prior to the 1.6 patch a lot of the bubbles would overlap causing someone to get full resolve rather quickly. Also it really doesn't fill much resolve, which is kinda dumb imo. Also though a lot of resolve filling stuff got toned down like pulls some hard cc's. The long soft cc still fill 50-75% resolve which is good and bad. But in my opinion to fix bubble spec either make it so sorc heals can't grab the points or make it so 3 bubbles fills resolve. AoE heals is still awesome and will be OP possibly come expansion. I don't know why they are buffing sorc heals so much and kinda forgetting about commando heals :/
From what I understand, it's already very high in the lightning tree (like tier 4?), so no healer hybrid is going to do heavy healing outside of the bubble effect. you certainly make a good point about the overlapping (or lack of it) in 1.4. honestly, they just made way too many interrelated (balance) changes that, by themselves, made sense, but combined with other changes are just ridiculous. nerfing cryo grenade? and the sage cc as well? yet snipers can root your butt from 30m. making bubble a stun from a mezz and not adjusting the resolve cost? I mean...eesh.

been playin mah watchman for the first time in a LONG time, and I don't have good muscle memory for the dcds yet, but I've finally got the roto down. it's just horrible. it's hard enough to cycle something against an unbubbled opponent (who will ostensibly stun you twice). with bubble, though, it's like...why do I even bother trying to cauterize? it's going to drop off before I get a chance to proc anything. he doesn't even need to cleanse. (which also makes me wonder...what's up with all the ops? they aren't cleansing my burns). basically, all I can do is look for other maras/sents atm. they're the only ones who don't range or cc me. luls where's nal'garoth? instruct me, my master!

Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
The idea that that wasn't a superqueue would be valid if Troy's stream didn't show him forming up an 8 man ops group with like right before the wz and timing up group queues But, in all fairness, Troy was getting it pretty rough that day
rofl omg! vas, I love you! that made me lol irl. wow. I spit up my drink on the kb too you F*(&er!

it reminds me of the cops spoof in shrek 2 when they found the catnip in ****'s boot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.15.2013 , 01:27 AM | #40
As far as bubble stun vs full salv output goes, the top 2 tiers in the healer tree aren't particularly desirable. The top tier is obviously Salvation, and additionally you sacrifice 2% crit chance, 6% bonus healing, and using Noble Sacrifice without gaining force regeneration debuffs. As a trade off, you gain a knockback root, bubble stun, a proc chance to lower the cost of your next two abilities by 50%. Deliverance hasn't been all that useful since 1.2, so most pvp sage healing comes from Healing Trance (which both specs grab) and bubbles (whose stuns provide 3 seconds worth of effective healing). I personally like bubble stun because it promoted clever thinking and gives sages a wider array of survival mechanics. A really good salv sage can be somewhat tough to down, but it's no where near on the same level.