Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting ???

TheRealBowser
02.12.2013 , 02:57 AM | #11
Legacy of crafting is a pretty awful character perk for the price.

350,000 credits for a mere +3% chance to augment gear is... really bad. It's not +3% critical, just +3% chance of augmented items. I strongly recommend avoiding it.

Zorash
02.12.2013 , 03:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBowser View Post
Legacy of crafting is a pretty awful character perk for the price.

350,000 credits for a mere +3% chance to augment gear is... really bad. It's not +3% critical, just +3% chance of augmented items. I strongly recommend avoiding it.
Wow, how many people seriously need to spread misinformation in this thread, especially when there is a thread confirming that legacy of crafting increases crit on everything, not just augments.

Oldraven
02.12.2013 , 03:20 AM | #13
Uh... you'd be wrong.

It's a 3% chance to either gain an augment on an item, or critically succeed, and double the amount of the items crafted.

That's worth its weight in gold for some crafts. Combine that with a maxed-out Affection ship droid, and you could be looking at a 10%-ish chance to crit on every single craft you make using him.

nbayer
02.12.2013 , 09:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
Is it confirmed this does not help with gathering missions right? Like it won't give you +crit chance to archaeo or scav right?
That is correct, it does not help with gathering or mission skills.

AureusVidere
02.13.2013 , 05:50 PM | #15
Well, this is great news. This whole time I'd assumed it only affected augment slot results.

Wow, I just got a whole lot poorer (I have a few crafters this was useful for). >D

KostonxEld
03.02.2013 , 10:46 PM | #16
Bought this a few weeks ago on my guardian. Hasn't made a huge difference in the amounts of augments I crit craft on tho
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

KostonxEld
03.18.2013 , 12:07 AM | #17
Still not sure this is a huge increase. My toons I have bought this for aren't critting any more than they were before it seems like.
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Cleet_Xia
03.18.2013 , 01:54 AM | #18
There was another thread about this a few months back, in which a dev replied to clear up the legacy of crafting perk.

Essentially this perk is a bonus to the critical success rate in crafting. And it effects all crafted items.

And item that can have an aug slot will have one if a critical success occurs.

When crafting item mods a critical success results in a twin item being produced.

The Legacy of Crafting perk increases the chance of both of these occurring by 1% per level of the perk.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~