Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash to loading screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mandrath
02.13.2013 , 10:57 AM | #1
Is anyone else crashing to the loading screen since the update? I had no problems before 1.7 hit and now after playing for a while my client just arbitrarily bring up the planet loading screen and hang there at about 20%. It will never load back into the game, just sits there.
Watch your back...Life is out to kill you!

Mandrath
02.13.2013 , 11:05 AM | #2
Here's my DXDIAG before anyone asks...

Spoiler

iDraxter
02.13.2013 , 11:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrath View Post
Is anyone else crashing to the loading screen since the update? I had no problems before 1.7 hit and now after playing for a while my client just arbitrarily bring up the planet loading screen and hang there at about 20%. It will never load back into the game, just sits there.
happens to me alot.......new patch new bugs...working as intended
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Beesodd
02.13.2013 , 11:42 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys,

Can you try running the game (and launcher) in Windows XP service Pack 3 compatibility mode to see if this has any effect. Another step to take is to try create a new Windows User profile and check if the problem persists there too.

We also have another player who mentioned using GoogleDNS, who said that resetting his settings may have helped to fix it.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Mandrath
02.13.2013 , 11:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi guys,

Can you try running the game (and launcher) in Windows XP service Pack 3 compatibility mode to see if this has any effect. Another step to take is to try create a new Windows User profile and check if the problem persists there too.

We also have another player who mentioned using GoogleDNS, who said that resetting his settings may have helped to fix it.
I'll try XP mode but as for the user profile, I just reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch last week. I doubt it's my profile.

Mandrath
03.06.2013 , 10:53 PM | #6
Ok, I realize I'm digging up an old thread but I figured this might help someone else. My problems seem to be related to the FPS meter in game. If I turn it on, at some point I will crash to the loading screen. If I don't turn it on, I can play all day without a single crash.

I have no idea why the FPS meter is the culprit, but it appears to be. I haven't changed any hardware except my monitor since just before release, and I keep my drivers as up to date as I can, so I'm baffled.