Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

Silvers
01.01.2013 , 05:29 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
To put it in a nutshell: your bonus healing drops and your crit rate rises. On balance, the increase in crit chance increases your average healing done more than the loss of bonus healing reduces it.

Merry Christmas, my fellow Dalborran.
Ok, thanks for that.

Happy new year!
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

Furyi
01.02.2013 , 03:04 PM | #72
Ok, so I have a question then. I have about 2350 wp with full raid buffs and exotech stim, my power currently sits at about 780, crit is at 39.85%(again, with buffs) and crit and surge are both at about 280ish. I have all campaign/dread guard gear, but i spent some time replacing all 26A/27A mods (the ones that favor wp vs. power) with 26/27s which favor have more power (41/44 respectivley) sacrificing the extra wp. Was I wrong in doing this? And should I now go back and replace all those mods and enhancemets with the wp heavy ones? I am not having any problems healing in progression raids and my heals are always super high with my gear now, but I still want to max out my healing potential. My current relics are the dread guard proc healing relic and the matrix cube(which I am replacing with the dread guard power use relic after reading this forum(I actually wish I had read it sooner, because I have already REed two dread guard power use relics, just for the mats and a chance at the recipe in order to sell some on the GTN). I orginally thought I should keep the "A" mods and enahncements, feeling that wp is bettewr than power, but was then told otherwise and persuaded to change by other sage healers who were beating me out occasionally on the charts stacking power (one such healer had over 1200 power with PVP relics). I dont PVP so those relics have never been an option for me.

UnregisteredUser
01.04.2013 , 03:49 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Furyi View Post
Ok, so I have a question then. I have about 2350 wp with full raid buffs and exotech stim, my power currently sits at about 780, crit is at 39.85%(again, with buffs) and crit and surge are both at about 280ish. I have all campaign/dread guard gear, but i spent some time replacing all 26A/27A mods (the ones that favor wp vs. power) with 26/27s which favor have more power (41/44 respectivley) sacrificing the extra wp. Was I wrong in doing this? And should I now go back and replace all those mods and enhancemets with the wp heavy ones? I am not having any problems healing in progression raids and my heals are always super high with my gear now, but I still want to max out my healing potential. My current relics are the dread guard proc healing relic and the matrix cube(which I am replacing with the dread guard power use relic after reading this forum(I actually wish I had read it sooner, because I have already REed two dread guard power use relics, just for the mats and a chance at the recipe in order to sell some on the GTN). I orginally thought I should keep the "A" mods and enahncements, feeling that wp is bettewr than power, but was then told otherwise and persuaded to change by other sage healers who were beating me out occasionally on the charts stacking power (one such healer had over 1200 power with PVP relics). I dont PVP so those relics have never been an option for me.
I believe that willpower > power when compared to in a 1:1 basis. When switching from 27 to 27A, you will end up with +16 willpower at the cost of -31 power. I believe that loss is a bit too much based on what I've read from this thread.

RaineyDaze
02.13.2013 , 11:30 AM | #74
As a relatively new, less than a week of play, player to this game I am sorta disappointed by a lot of responces on the OP guide. It seems to be a guide to assist players who are starting out and even states it's not an end all guide. I found it helpful since I was thinking of making a seer.
What I'm disappointed at is all the comments on pages to follow trying to pick it apart in what I saw were rather mean ways. There were a few discussions on differences of of play-style that gave me something to think about. What I'm referring to is just bashing or out right accusing OP of being wrong. If you don't have anything constructive don't post on these guides since newer players like myself come here to see what we are getting ourselves into before we just jump right in.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.

iSythe
03.16.2013 , 06:48 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Furyi View Post
The high stats weighted mods/enhancements are not worth it, they give up too many stats for no real gain. Especially when wp and power give pretty close to the same amount of weighting. Obvioulsy never go for high end mods/enhancements/armourings.
You should definitely get rid of your proc relic for an on use one and you should also at least get a WH relic in place of the matrix shard, as the matrix shard is pretty hopeless. Getting a WH relic should take no time at all now, and even an EWH relic doesn't take long either.
I gotta ask what is your current progression ops consisting of? Because if you are in TFB, then yeh you won't have much trouble healing, but going into ecnm its completely different and you will really see how hard healing can be, and you will want to be fully optimized gear.
To be fully optimized, its essentially get crit/surge/alacrity to around 300ish and then everything else is power. Always high wp armourings and augments. Fully geared, your wp will be just above 2380 fully buffed. As well as crit ~40%, surge ~76%, alacrity ~10%. Then rest is power, I can't remember what power should be at, but i think its about 940 with the on use dread guard and EWH relics.

pmalygris
04.04.2013 , 07:57 AM | #76
Geeze:
Go away for a while and all this stuff changes. Guess Ill be heading to the black hole.
"There are two great forces in this world - good and evil; and no man is worth his salt unless he has lost and won battle for a principle."
- P. Gouthey