Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Thanaton VS Satele Shan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Darth Thanaton VS Satele Shan

Slowpokeking
02.11.2013 , 12:02 PM | #1
Thanaton's feat
Overcome Nox when he/she had 2 Sith Lords' ghosts.
Create strong lightning storm and use Force Flight.
Survived a blast from Nox+4 ghosts in the end of chapter 2.

Satele Shan
Block lightsaber with Force.
Strong Disturbance, crushed Malgus to the Mountain after he was caught by the grenade
Not much feats known after she became the Grand Master, we only know she has very strong and subtle control of the Force.

Both of them use double blade lightsaber so I guess their lightsaber style should be similar..

HANSY
02.11.2013 , 02:39 PM | #2
i would go with Satele Shan. She would have more experiance then Thanaton (as she started fighting Sith at the begining of the war... litteraly) She also has a messure of Revan's power in the Force as she is his decendent. She seems to wield the Force in a more personal and combative role, such as boosting her phisical powers rather than using it as it's raw form.
Thanaton was apprenticed to a Dark Council member befoe being named to his chair after defeating the Emperor's former apprentice. As i understand it Thanaton was only defeated by Nox because Nox had four Force spirits at his disposal.
So i the end it's a very close fight. the question would be what arena and who had the advantage on the battle field. But in the end i would say Satele. She was named Grand Master for a reason. :P

DarthRamette
02.12.2013 , 08:23 PM | #3
Satele Shan by a mile. She is stronger in the Force, slightly less annoying and won't run like a coward like Thanaton did.

TralyanSavo
02.13.2013 , 11:30 AM | #4
Satele. She almost solo'ed Malgus. My sorcerer solo'd Thanaton but needed a group of 4 for Malgus. Therefore, Satele>Thanaton.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Darth_Wicked
02.14.2013 , 05:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TralyanSavo View Post
Satele. She almost solo'ed Malgus. My sorcerer solo'd Thanaton but needed a group of 4 for Malgus. Therefore, Satele>Thanaton.
If the memory serves me right, Satele actually needed help from both her master and Jace Malcolm to survive her clash with Malgus so I fail to see how she solo'ed him.

Remember The Return and Hope trailers? Watch them again.
Click here for some FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaliyo Djannis
Ash in the soil and a gun in my hands. Let's go.

Sadishist
02.14.2013 , 08:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HANSY View Post
i would go with Satele Shan. She would have more experiance then Thanaton (as she started fighting Sith at the begining of the war... litteraly) She also has a messure of Revan's power in the Force as she is his decendent. She seems to wield the Force in a more personal and combative role, such as boosting her phisical powers rather than using it as it's raw form.
Thanaton was apprenticed to a Dark Council member befoe being named to his chair after defeating the Emperor's former apprentice. As i understand it Thanaton was only defeated by Nox because Nox had four Force spirits at his disposal.
So i the end it's a very close fight. the question would be what arena and who had the advantage on the battle field. But in the end i would say Satele. She was named Grand Master for a reason. :P
Thanaton was in the webcomic.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

TralyanSavo
02.14.2013 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
If the memory serves me right, Satele actually needed help from both her master and Jace Malcolm to survive her clash with Malgus so I fail to see how she solo'ed him.

Remember The Return and Hope trailers? Watch them again.
Thats why I said almost :P In the first fight, it was sub-50 PvP so lets not go with that. The second fight was close and Jace only got a grenade off. My sorc steamrolled through Thanaton and I needed the Wrath of the Emperor, the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt and Cipher Nine to kill Malgus. If Satele could either solo or two man Malgus, but Thanaton is soloable, yeah. Besides, Malgus is a boss and Thanaton is not.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Oxades
02.14.2013 , 02:06 PM | #8
Thats why I said almost :P In the first fight, it was sub-50 PvP so lets not go with that. The second fight was close and Jace only got a grenade off. My sorc steamrolled through Thanaton and I needed the Wrath of the Emperor, the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt and Cipher Nine to kill Malgus. If Satele could either solo or two man Malgus, but Thanaton is soloable, yeah. Besides, Malgus is a boss and Thanaton is not.
Or you could say that Satele solo Malgus because Jace is only a companion.

Tahrl
02.14.2013 , 02:56 PM | #9
Thanaton would get his skinny white arse handed to him.
"Weakling! You will never reach your potential if you falter at the slightest obstacle. Beyond that wall lies your destiny. Beyond that wall lies the full power of the dark side. If you do not have the strength to reach it, then you do not deserve to become a Sith sorcerer!"

Darkondo
02.14.2013 , 06:51 PM | #10
Game mechanics have no effect on lore in vs threads, the only reason it takes 4ppl to beat Malgus is solely because the game wants you to go in a group. It takes 8-16 ppl to down Jarg and Sorno in KP, (ik some ppl have 2-3manned KP but some also have soloed FE) does that make those 2 bounty hunters stronger than Malgus? No that is purely game mechanics, you cant judge Thanaton or Satele's power due to their game mechanics, you have to go with their accomplishments and feats.

That being said, Thanaton has proven to be able to beat opponents that were far more powerful than himself against all odds (Lord Calypho and Exal Kressh). Satele has fought toe to toe with some of the strongest sith lords out there (Darth Malgus, Darth Baras) but has never beaten anyone noteworthy. I still give the edge to Satele as a grandmaster but i wouldnt count Thanaton out of the fight, it would be close.