Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arthuriuan
02.13.2013 , 05:18 AM | #91
Everyone griping and complaining about their particular favorite item of the game (PVP/PVE, etc.). But, I have yet to see a single comment about what will really toast your wheat bread. Have you looked at the levels required to buy the Bind to Legacy weapons from the vendor? Short answer...Champion level. You are limited to 12k rep per week, the first four levels to become a "Friend of the Gree" take a total of 15k going up in increments of 2500. So, the next level should be somewhere around 10k to finish (not, Champion, BTW). Sooo, in two weeks you can earn 24k, but 25k is going to be required to hit that 5th level....you won't be able to buy any of those nice, pretty weapons that they hung out there as teasers until BioWare decides to have the Gree return for the next episode of their "recurring event." Nice, thanks for the Dirty Kick BioWare.

Khragon
02.13.2013 , 05:27 AM | #92
Loving the event but having to wait in a line to hand in the orbs is retarded, fix that stat pls.

Drakesteiner
02.13.2013 , 06:52 AM | #93
I have a question for the devs: If we collect rep but don't use them, will we be able to use them even after the Gree event is over? A guildmate of mine and I are discussing whether you will or not. He says that you will cut us off from being able to save them and use them once they are gone. That way we can be champion or higher by the time they come back.

Heezdedjim
02.13.2013 , 08:01 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by QueenApailana View Post
I wanted to just do the PVE events (it is a PVE server I am on) I did not pick up PVP quests and while doing the PVE area if you start to go out of the area it will tell you that you will be flagged I was NOT flagged but there were players who were running around who would take someone like myself just doing the PVE and when we started hitting a mob they would hit it and it would auto flag us when he did then they would start hitting us.
That sounds like a bug. You should submit a bug report on it in game. They won't read it, but at least they won't be able to say nobody told them about it.

The way the dev posts have explained it, you should be able to complete all of the PvE objectives without entering the "Southern Bowl" area that flags you for PvP. They said the mobs in the PvP area are "easier," but there should be mobs in an area outside where you don't need to be flagged.

I've seen other threads complaining about people griefing world boss parties through an exploit that allows the griefers to force the raid party to get flagged for PvP as soon as they attack the world boss. It sounds like there is some sort of persisting bug here that causes you to be flagged for PvP just by interacting with an NPC that another player who is flagged has also attacked.

Drudenfusz
02.13.2013 , 09:48 AM | #95
I am fine with what BioWare did there... my only complain would be that it feels not really like an event. it feels like just a new zone, like Section X with some quests and now also some reputation (which Section X also got).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

DarthOvertone
02.13.2013 , 11:23 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Drao View Post
Again putting in pve quests in a open pvp zone is once again a REALLY BAD idea.
I don't play on a PvE Server, but I'm pretty sure there are no PvE quests in the FFA zone. The two quests for that area are PvP quests. So if you don't want to PvP, then don't do them. They are labeled PvP for a reason.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khragon View Post
Loving the event but having to wait in a line to hand in the orbs is retarded, fix that stat pls.
You don't have to wait in line mang. It's a PvP zone...
Alphabolt - Alphanoob - Alphawood - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Moondragon
02.13.2013 , 02:58 PM | #97
What's locked down as "Event" items/titles and what is returning in the future? That's what I'd like to know.

Will I only be able to get X-item or X-title during the event? Am I working towards getting the wrong things? What's coming back when the event comes back? Etc
Dai'alastar Moondragon .
Jedi Guardian
Jung Ma Looking for Guild

SilentKitty
02.13.2013 , 03:00 PM | #98
I like the event, my guild have had a lot of fun with it. Not stressed about getting the weapons, will get them one day. At the moment I'm more interested in the clothes =)

Berronaxftw
02.13.2013 , 06:04 PM | #99
How long will this last?

DjTrexDj
02.14.2013 , 02:32 AM | #100
Is there a chart somewhere that shows the ranks and the number of rep u need for each? Has anyone tried these with a sub lvl45 char in a group?