Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher Errors

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

danielzig
02.13.2013 , 12:13 AM | #1
Getting errors when patching
Assets102 always fails at installing: 5%.
I tried to run the fixer (repairing 24 files) but it still failed at 5% when installing that file after the patch restarts.

I tried running in safe mode with networking on, what should I try next?

DefiantFall
02.13.2013 , 12:19 AM | #2
Yeah i am in the same boat I have been for many many patches probably since 1.4 roughly. It's the crap launcher, my advice is uninstall and try again in a few months but that's my option :P

You can try RAM stick maybe faulty run Memtest to find out
Uninstall / Reinstall

In the end it's the launcher seriously I updated 3 other MMO's today without any issues downloaded other crap also but as soon as I hit SWTOR Launcher it fails over and over again. really not worth the time anymore

[Rise Of The Phoenix] [Fall Of The Phoenix]
"A Phoenix must fall before it can rise."

danielzig
02.13.2013 , 12:48 AM | #3
I'm running the repair option again-- it actually downloads a huge amount data, seems like 4 hours worth (maybe more) on a good connection and at a good speed, so I assume it's just trying to download the entire game over again for whatever reason. It's kinda surprising, because the actual patch didn't take that long at all to download

I'll try memtest when it's finished trying to repair

Did your error always come at the exact same file as well, or was it more random? I'm thinking it might be a HDD error since it always happens in the same place and I'm pretty sure I deleted all the patcher stuff previously.. ah well.. we'll see

DefiantFall
02.13.2013 , 01:06 AM | #4
I'll tell you what I have tried mate.

New RAM
New HDD
Reinstalling the game
Installing on another computer
memtest
scanned drives for errors
tried downloading the game and installing

I did everything really ran the PC in safe mode blah blah blah.. No matter what I do it just fails every single time. It can take time to fix the issues but yeah if you think it's worth it by all means go for it. repairing takes a while but often fixes the issue. every though those issues should have been weeded out and repaired before launch

[Rise Of The Phoenix] [Fall Of The Phoenix]
"A Phoenix must fall before it can rise."

danielzig
02.13.2013 , 04:06 AM | #5
Took a nap while it was doing the repair, and the progress bar kept slowing moving up, then restarting, until it finally just got stuck. I'm trying taking a second look at the firewall permissions as another guess. we've got several computers on a router here so maybe the port forwarding is causing it.. shrug.

Cerimon
02.13.2013 , 04:59 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi danielzig and DefiantFall,

If the repair utility gets stuck or repairs the same files repeatedly you should run Chkdsk on the affected hard drive. Once completed, run the repair again. If problems continue please run the setup file from www.swtor.com/download over your existing installation.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

danielzig
02.13.2013 , 07:46 AM | #7
I ran HDD monitor and the memtest thing, and it showed no errors, but for some reason, after running the repair program multiple times, it finally fixed all the problems and installed properly.

danielzig
02.13.2013 , 09:27 PM | #8
Just thought I'd let everybody know that I got it running. I ran the hard drive test, but it showed no errors, so while I was on my computer I just left the repair utility running. For reasons unknown to me, the repair utility found and detected the errors, after failing the first couple of times, which then allowed the game to patch.